Animal Fleeing AI Rework

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MaxVe
Scout

Re: Animal Fleeing AI Rework

Post by MaxVe »

I'm afraid you're about to open the Pandora's box...do not do it please...
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

TreeKiwi wrote:
"Would you like to see the animal fleeing AI more randomised, or would this change be too drastic and infuriating?"

TK
It would be too drastic and infuriating if it takes priority over everything else that we've been begging for...remember "what's bugging you the most" - the same list you refer to in every weekly update? I can't remember one person raising this with regards to animal AI.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Postby JimboCrow » Yesterday, 10:44 pm

You know what I think?

I think they took the new ATV out on the Beta server and found that the current fleeing AI doesn't hold up to being chased by a vehicle. So now they have to 'cover their tracks' by pretending to fix, or improve, or develop new fleeing AI to protect their recent investment in the quad. I think they're already working on this right now, because to release the quad first, without improving it, would only be the storm hitting the fan, so they're getting out in front of it, and are buffing the AI first. They're just making us think it was a choice we had in the first place, but we didn't.

That's what I think.
It was the first thing I also thought after all those posts that the new vehicle will spook animals on mp servers and can be used for drives etc., but probably it's not the case here as-long they can make a completely different animal fleeing AI only for the vehicle and let the rest as it is?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the simple way to see if its true jimbo is see if a new fleeing mechanic is added about same time as the vehicle. it does kinda speak volumes though when speaking about new content instead of yes thats brilliant cant wait its more about worrying what might be wrong with its addition to the game.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

I just hope that the Devs (and everybody else behind the team) will sooner or later wake up.
This isn't the first thread/t where players have let off some steam.
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

JimboCrow wrote:You know what I think?

I think they took the new ATV out on the Beta server and found that the current fleeing AI doesn't hold up to being chased by a vehicle. So now they have to 'cover their tracks' by pretending to fix, or improve, or develop new fleeing AI to protect their recent investment in the quad. I think they're already working on this right now, because to release the quad first, without improving it, would only be the storm hitting the fan, so they're getting out in front of it, and are buffing the AI first. They're just making us think it was a choice we had in the first place, but we didn't.

That's what I think.
Certainly explains why this suddenly just came out of left field. Pretty acute theory there Jimbo, makes absolute sense, I have no doubt you are correct.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

At least they now asked you want it or no. When the grey wolf released no one thought RMelk hunting will be a nightmare and they dont asked us we want the elk chasing or no. So i think this fleeing AI would be awsome IF they dont change the animal spoke % and their runing speed, but we can already see some new spoke AI on rusa deer in Picabeenbay and if this AI change possible to done then do it i want this game more realistic and im not a starter ;) . I would like to see this too in the game watch at 2:26 when that pig died it slided on the ground i think its a very realistic feature and they make it once, also watch at 0:25 that feather drops its also looks amazing. So + from me to the AI change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwARzhQxQJ0

And i like this want it or no in the forum.

Sorry for my English peace.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Dilaj wrote:At least they now asked you want it or no.
Cover up only man ! Cover up only .
J_Birdman wrote:

That's what I think.
Certainly explains why this suddenly just came out of left field. Pretty acute theory there Jimbo, makes absolute sense, I have no doubt you are correct.
Pretty accurate to say and see also, that no replies have been given to us , since , about our obvious negative answers to EW's question .Let's all wait and see where this is all going !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

DYEUZ wrote:
Dilaj wrote:At least they now asked you want it or no.
Cover up only man ! Cover up only .
J_Birdman wrote:

That's what I think.
Pretty accurate to say and see also, that no replies have been given to us , since , about our obvious negative answers to EW's question .Let's all wait and see where this is all going !
It’ll probably happen anyway, regardless. The animal models were never created with vehicles in mind, thus they have no “avoidance AI”. All the animals flee basically the same, some a little further depending on what they are spooked by (gunshots, for example). As it is, if we are getting an ATV for example, there’s nothing really stopping anyone from chasing an animal down and cornering it. That’s why I totally agree with Jimbo. Who knows, maybe we are all wrong. We’ll see. But as it is, I can’t be certain anything really said here is gonna have any impact on the decision.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

To be more precise, this whole game was never created with vehicles in mind, just consider how many times the avatar get stuck in little rocks or branches that a kid could walk without a thought, now imagine a vehicle trying to explore the maps, i can foresee many "my vehicle got stuck and had to restart the hunt" situations, even if the avatar can get out of the vehicle and ft to a tent or lodge, if the vehicle is not teleported too... well and now add trying to get the animals to interact with the vehicle, is like somebody said, a Pandora's box, we can only hope the devs manage to implement the vehicle without major issues, and then we can talk about other changes, for better or worst.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”