Animal Fleeing AI Rework

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Animal Fleeing AI Rework

Post by INTIMID883R »

I would not mind seeing it more realistic. However having said that, there are plenty more important things that need fixing before starting a whole new project to break even more things in game. I think it best to worry about fixing what has already been broken before breaking more.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Fix what is broken instead of breaking something else :!: :!: :!: :!:
Spoiler:
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I'm scared. You have bigger fish to fry than animal AI. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I would appreciate any changes to the AI, be it fleeing or other aspects (like approaching an atttractant). So yes, if changing the fleeing AI opens the door for more, I'm all for it.
Image Image Image
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

You have other things to worry about right now such as fixing lots of bugs. You might open another can of worms here that you won't be able to close anymore.
I completely agree, would be great that the next big update Won't be a new weapon or anything else But a Major Bugs Fix, I think there are a lot of players here who would like to see this. "What's bugging you the most" post is still fresh and the number of fixed bugs compared with the Big number of bugs posted by players it is way to small...
I don't think it's a good idea to bring something new or make changes to a system that's currently bugged in so many ways, lets try first to fix it and after continue from there .
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I would appreciate any changes to the AI, be it fleeing or other aspects (like approaching an atttractant). So yes, if changing the fleeing AI opens the door for more, I'm all for it.
i think most here would ideally want better ai fleeing or whatever changes.the thing is and its being mentioned here mostly through the thread.what if its not done right ? with other numerous bugs about some getting worse would you open another possible worm can ? there is the ideal scenario and there is possible a very bad situation if its not done right.

look at recent threads.spawning issues.have animals become less. basic functions not working. like just looking through binos.then add in possible animals not fleeing correctly or other issues. could possibly be a finisher.fix some of the glearing obvious bugs then have a rethink.

i start a hunt bring up binos for eg locked in position. cant even move. that is a basic game breaking function. its noticeable within seconds of launching the game. im all for new content but lets get the game as stable and functioning as good as possible first.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

How dumb can we be as users that we refuse to accept some new content from the devs. You guys always think on the things it could potentially break instead of what it could improve. Then you wonder why developers don't ask at the players so much, but oh man, with that negativity I don't blame them...
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ronMctube wrote:i think most here would ideally want better ai fleeing or whatever changes.the thing is and its being mentioned here mostly through the thread.what if its not done right ? with other numerous bugs about some getting worse would you open another possible worm can ? there is the ideal scenario and there is possible a very bad situation if its not done right.

look at recent threads.spawning issues.have animals become less. basic functions not working. like just looking through binos.then add in possible animals not fleeing correctly or other issues. could possibly be a finisher.fix some of the glearing obvious bugs then have a rethink.

i start a hunt bring up binos for eg locked in position. cant even move. that is a basic game breaking function. its noticeable within seconds of launching the game. im all for new content but lets get the game as stable and functioning as good as possible first.
Ron, my personal opinion and I'm completely aware that most people will shake their heads when they read this: The game is (pretty much) fine the way it is right now!

Seriously, I don't see those "game-breaking bugs" when I play. I encounter minor bugs every now and then. Every once in a while I lose an animal because of bugs or server issues. That can be annoying if you're in a competition and have invested time and resources. But it's so rare, I think the last time it happened to me was during a competition in June, some hundred in-game hours ago. Looking at the big picture, with my personal experience, I have loads of fun with the game and almost never have to "rage-quit" because of a bug! A lot less than in other games I play(ed), I can tell you!

If there's one issue that makes me take breaks sometimes, it's repetitiveness. Which is okay, because I can't do the same stuff, play the same game all the time, so I take a break and come back later. But anything that reduces repetitiveness, that enhances realism and immersion, would be a big plus for me. That's why improving animal AI is very high on my list.

Anyway, everyone speaks just for himself of course. And just as much as many people in here are free to say: "Fix bugs first!", I am free to say: "The game is just fine!"
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on September 21st, 2018, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I like the idea of reworking the fleeing AI and am all for new stuff in the game. But I have to agree with most others and please fix the bugs first! :D The game is not unplayable as it is, but the bugs can be very annoying and frustrating at times. If they were fixed first and then the AI reworked, everyone would be happy and it would be a much better game!!!

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

We are starting to look into changing the animal fleeing AI, but were wondering if it is going to be something you actually want? Currently it is a little unrealistic and predictable.

So the question I want to ask is "Would you like to see the animal fleeing AI more randomised, or would this change be too drastic and infuriating?"

Please do not reply with other examples of AI that needs to be changed, this is potentially a first step into getting some changes in other areas as well.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

TK
Oh for the love of god.. No. Why do you insist on trying to make this game CotW and why do you not fix what is already broken before introducing a change in animal AI of all things? How are you going to monetize "random fleeing"? In the name of everything blessed and holy please leave the AI alone. Please do not jump into this pool when the game is already standing on it's toes trying to survive. My god this is infuriating. Unbelievable.

Return to “General Chat”