Track Domes Disappearing

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Track Domes Disappearing

Post by J_Birdman »

Last night in HD I had several brown bear track domes disappear right in front of me right as I approached and was just about to click on them. Has anyone else been seeing track domes disappear right in front of them like this? I can't really say how new or old the tracks were, too many different bears/tracks(both old and new) in the areas I was hunting to determine. After the first one I thought hmm that's really odd, maybe it was old and just expired? After the next couple I new for sure that was not the case because they were from different bears and the domes each vanished about maybe 1m away from me.(i.e. it was not just coincidence of several different bears' tracks expiring at exactly the same distance between me and the tracks) I should add that none of the bears I tracked last night were wounded. I searched the bug section and these three hits are the only recent ones I see that maybe have anything to do with what I saw last night.

July 18, 2018 https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ng#p945173
Knut wrote:And yeah, animals getting stuck, weird hitboxes/shot detection, tracks disappearing in front of the player and "another game has started" are nuisances, too.
July 25, 2018 https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ng#p945985
gas56 wrote:Anything found at all on the off hitboxes/multi hits or the initial blood trail changes/tracks disappearing bugs?
These ones really need looked into.
August 10, 2018 https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ng#p947720
BCKidd wrote:I jus' had a terrible experience myself. I've been huntin' SC for bear. Find two- not very high-scoring in CSS but, better than what I have now. I walk for a bit longer, I finally see a male. The HM reads him off 20-22, it's a male so I know it is goin' to score better than the two females. I line up, and fire. Intestine shot, he ain't goin' far, or so I think. I track him down to 50%, he's still goin'. Then poof tracks start disappearing- right before my eyes. I know the general direction so I pursue the male. I come over a ridge and a spawn of bull Elk starts happenin', now even tracks from turkey, hog, etc., simply start vanishing. Moral of the story. I think the disappearing tracks are due to when new critters spawn. I never did find the bear, or another track laid by 'em.
Or is everyone already aware of this except me and have just been really patiently waiting and hoping in silence that this disappearing track issue gets fixed?(I gotta say, it's approaching comical every time I see this in a SU and makes me believe that none of the multitude of bugs listed in the "What's Bugging you the most?" thread are "achievable to fix" by EW. Wow, two whole months now since it was locked. I wonder what the total number of new bugs is since then?) :lol:

September 19, 2018 http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-284/
TreeKiwi wrote:What’s bugging you the most?

We are still working on the list and working out which ones are achievable to fix. Once we have a more solid list, we will let you know what you can expect in the near future."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Track Domes Disappearing

Post by DYEUZ »

J_Birdman wrote: Has anyone else been seeing track domes disappear right in front of them like this?
Yes, this happened to me couple times in the past ( this year ) to couple of friends also , because they told me about it .
Can't remember exactly what reserve and with what species , but my reaction was : W.T.F ?! Was about to click on it !! :shock:
And they were not 60 minutes + tracks .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

For the past week, I only had this issue when i played long hours game. Like in-game time after 1600hrs, where the tracks starts to disappear, even the blood tracks as well. My scent hound also stopped once the tracks disappeared. It happened to me in Whiterime Ridge and Timbergold Trails.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I know this bug, was affected by it two or three times in the past years. Because it happens so rarely (to me), it's not high on my personal "what's bugging you the most" list. But I do know what bug you're talking about.
Image Image Image
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

A couple three months back I had it happen in a few hunts. I just thought the animals was far enough away the tracks were disappearing. After a few times it never happened again.

g
Beldin
Scout

Post by Beldin »

Only few times I have seen this happening is after the Lynx release. It was about two hours (real time) into the session in Hemmeldal, and it definitely wasn't tracks disappearing because of their age; I had just wounded a roe deer and immediately started tracking it. However, every single track simply disappeared before I could click it. I had to track him down by going towards track domes to see which one would disappear, and figure out the direction based on where I came from.

Must have been some kind of hardcore mode activated in that game... I could also see some really strange thick red outlines and a rectangular boxes on the ground around blood tracks before they disappeared, so that may be related to the issue.
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Yesterday when I was hunting RFF and tracking an Rvlt Elk while on hot pursuit, I might add... :P 1 dome was missing.
The black tracks were there as I just barely noticed them but no lit-up pink dome (I use pink) was present, I thought I may have gotten to close to it so I backed away
but the dome didn't appear at all. Never saw that before, or don't remember. Now I wonder how many times it's really happened without me noticing just the black
tracks that I may not pass close enough by and there is such a long stretch in-between domes sometimes? I cannot hear that well so I don't notice the beep on the hunter
mate sometimes when getting close enough to a track, or maybe I just ain't getting close enough to the track for it to beep..
Chalk up another one.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Just had a lynx track disappear before I could click it. Age unknown. This isn't good.
stalker270

Post by stalker270 »

Yesterday I was hunting moose on WRR for both a comp and mission. I spotted a nice Bull but he got behind some pines before I had a shot. I found where I had lost him and started following the tracks. After tracking for 100 meters or so I got A call from a bison close on my left and when I turned to look the was a bison that didn't like my looks and started to attack so I shot her. I marked where I was (on the moose track) and went the 40 to 50 meters the bison ran after being shot to claim her. As I returned to where the moose track was I couldn't see the track dome, but is often hard to see them in the bright sun on the snow. When I got to my mark there was still no dome and no track. I made a pretty wide circle and there were not tracks of any animal. There had been several around before I left the trail to claim the bison. It was if when the bison's tracks disappeared so did all the others. It must have been 4 to 5 hundred meters before I found another track. Of course it was from a bison and not the moose I had been tracking. It was a little strange since I had just read this post yesterday before starting my hunt. This was my first experience with this bug, but as a newb I don't have a lot of hours in the game. It is very annoying though since nice animals don't come around every hunt and when you find one you don't like to lose it that way.

Return to “General Chat”