Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this.

Post by gas56 »

INTIMID883R wrote:In The past week I have had the same problem with both Bison and RME. Looking at both laying there dead, and vanish as I walked up to them. Nothing there but the dome. Nothing to harvest, and even the HM would not pick up the clue.
That is totally different of the animal completely disappearing in front of you, but no less dis-concerning of losing an animal altogether.
There used to be a bug also if you remember where if you clicked off the main animal you were tracking that was fast roaming or tracking a long time that those tracks would vanish completely if you clicked on another animals track only 1 time just to check out the track info than you might pick the original track up again up to 500 meters away if you looked in the last direction the animal was heading.
Also the Buffalo track that disappeared right before you could click on it when WRR was released. It makes you wonder if there are still remnants of these bugs still floating around in the game.
As far as picking up an already dead animal that disappears I haven't seen that one yet.... but that is 1 bug that needs fixed,.. especially where that animal is a once in a lifetime rare or trophy or even a competition animal.
These bugs have been around for awhile and seriously need to be fixed without no compromise of just being unfixable.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

@gas56 Sorry my friend you misunderstood. It was not the track that vanished, it was the dead animal that vanished as I walked up to it, leaving me with only this.

Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

INTIMID883R wrote:@gas56 Sorry my friend you misunderstood. It was not the track that vanished, it was the dead animal that vanished
It's cool,.. I understood what you meant, I just added some other tracking bugs that might be related to why it started doing that.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Ravenousfox wrote:I just shot a huge Dall Sheep and I can't harvest.
Tried your trick going prone, doesn't help on the Dall Sheep.
I even tried going out of render and back in, didn't work.
Do you remember if had another clue/track beside his dead body? I'm getting this bug/problem quite often.

This bug(on my perspective) happen when the animal dies on top of another "track", I mean any animal clue/info.
I was the Host on that Session, the Guest was unable to harvest it too, tried prone as well, not captured on the clip
Every session that I have more hunters playing at least one person get this bug.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Its getting frustrating with the Dall Sheep, are you placing bug reports guys?

Return to “General Chat”