Spawn areas changed?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Konsilt

Spawn areas changed?

Post by Konsilt »

Have you experienced any noticable changes to the spawn areas? I have played 4 games today, all started from Causeway Lodge, but I can confirm weird stuff going on already. Usually a Whitetail Deer in northern part is a very rare case, while in all of these games I found at least 4 Whitetails on my way to the lake, actually next to the lodge.

Please share your thoughts on different Islands, together we can gather data much faster.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Spawn areas changed?

Post by XxStrong1xX »

My last hunt was this past Sunday night starting at the Causeway and I noticed the same thing. Haven't seen more than 1 or 2 WT on the north island in years but that hunt we saw probably a dozen or more, killing a couple of trophy bucks even. Highly unusual, then I went to the tower near the lodge on the southern island and it was mostly elk there which is also kind of out of the norm.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Whitetails near Causeway? Cannot remember ever having seen one there except maybe in a very long hunt. I wonder if they flee from the bobcats up there. I have seen quite a few around the tower west of the lake on the northern part and thought that was a bit unusual too to have them there pretty regularly now. In my experience they reach north to where the lake starts and then everything above used to be exceptional.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Yes I would say they have been tweaked, maybe moved the WT spawns around a bit for the Bobcat population.
I say they have because I just started a hunt in WHI top lodge like I usually do and to my surprise I came across not one but TWO WT tracks recently and one Elk. VERY weird.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I haven't had a WT track up there when you start a hunt since... 8 years? :? Been a very long time.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

As for proof here's a pic I just recently took at tower 5 on WHI.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

This could be because of the new tutorial changes we have made, we are taking a look at it now. Cheers for the heads up!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

used to be only mule deer there originally and then blacktail.whitetail did spawn near middle and bottom end of main whitehart but if up top that is definitely odd.or a change.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

But is a bad or a good change? i mean, it could be interesting to have new spawns and so try to discover new hunting areas, or could be bad if someone is very used to hunt x animal in x area... and is it happening only on WH?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

VonStratos wrote:But is a bad or a good change? i mean, it could be interesting to have new spawns and so try to discover new hunting areas, or could be bad if someone is very used to hunt x animal in x area...
From my experience people enjoy knowing a little bit where certain animals are. It is part of your "achievements" getting to know the game better and feeling like you learn and progress when you figure out those hot spots. There are pros and cons to this. You would find plenty of arguments to make the spawns completely random for all animals on all maps. A con would be that the casual player had to work for hours on a single lynx kill. Now folks know where to look and the task becomes manageable.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

VonStratos wrote:But is a bad or a good change?
Nobody likes change :)

Return to “General Chat”