New Record game Long Shot.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: New Record game Long Shot.

Post by Nathan112244 »

vsaet wrote:That definitely demonstrates that THC became not an hunting game anymore but a shooting game where all irrational things are permitted.
And that will be the end of that game starting as a hunting game but turned to a long shooting competition.
Now the game is only for ....KIDS! :?

PS Not misunderstanding me. I have nothing against shooting games but we can't call those games as hunting ones.
That cames from an 50 years real hunter ;)
Not all hunting is done at 30 yards, a lot of people hunt at long range like 600m+. Just because someone shoots an animal at 600m with a bow doesn't mean the game is automatically a "shooting game for kids".
If you don't enjoy long range hunting then simply hunt in a stand with your bow but don't be coming on here telling people this game is only for kids and that this game has turned into a shooting competition rather then a hunting game.
Nathan22Outdoors
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

:o Wow Tony, congrats! Good job driving the bison up there too, that was once my favorite hare and sitka spot.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Nathan112244 wrote:
vsaet wrote:That definitely demonstrates that THC became not an hunting game anymore but a shooting game where all irrational things are permitted.
And that will be the end of that game starting as a hunting game but turned to a long shooting competition.

PS Not misunderstanding me. I have nothing against shooting games but we can't call those games as hunting ones.
Not all hunting is done at 30 yards, a lot of people hunt at long range like 600m+. Just because someone shoots an animal at 600m with a bow doesn't mean the game is automatically a "shooting game for kids".
If you don't enjoy long range hunting then simply hunt in a stand with your bow but don't be coming on here telling people this game is only for kids and that this game has turned into a shooting competition rather then a hunting game.
I said that because EW make the game that way for sale only. Older players must remember that 4-5 years ago shooting at +300 m was considered as cheating and the player was banned. The last 4-5 years that changed to record and that because the majority of long shot use bows or crossbows and for long distance ,it was said in previous post ,need from 6 to 10 tracer to hit the animal that means (tracer are extra) more money for EW. I said for Kids in the way that they destroy the game for profit. If we know that the longer range for an arrow is about 500 yards and that by shooting at 45 degrees and the maximum distance to kill a deer in real is 40-50 m ,some says they can shoot and kill at 100 m but is contested,killing an Bison at 600 m is out of imagination. Only Kids can believe that we can kill at that distance even for a game. If it was with a rifle I can accept that because is a game and because rifles can kill at that range with the appropriate scope.
My apologies to the player because my expression was hard but it was not for him but for EW who conduct the game that way.
BryanBSpivey

Post by BryanBSpivey »

Great work :D .
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

vsaet wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:

I said that because EW make the game that way for sale only. Older players must remember that 4-5 years ago shooting at +300 m was considered as cheating and the player was banned. The last 4-5 years that changed to record and that because the majority of long shot use bows or crossbows and for long distance ,it was said in previous post ,need from 6 to 10 tracer to hit the animal that means (tracer are extra) more money for EW. I said for Kids in the way that they destroy the game for profit. If we know that the longer range for an arrow is about 500 yards and that by shooting at 45 degrees and the maximum distance to kill a deer in real is 40-50 m ,some says they can shoot and kill at 100 m but is contested,killing an Bison at 600 m is out of imagination. Only Kids can believe that we can kill at that distance even for a game. If it was with a rifle I can accept that because is a game and because rifles can kill at that range with the appropriate scope.
My apologies to the player because my expression was hard but it was not for him but for EW who conduct the game that way.
i get what youre saying and agree with what you for the most, but what you have to consider is the player base. you have to find a balance between realistic and fun. For the record my personal opinion is it needs pulling back over to the more realistic side but thats just me ive not got all the fact and figures, however this ultra simulation people keep asking for i know i dont want and im confident those people dont either. i cant see anyone sitting at a pc desk all day to see jack shhhh. because thats the reality of real hunting the other things you get from real hunting that make it enjoyable cant be given in a game.

getting back to this particular aspect. yes obviously you cant kill a bison at 600m in real life. not even sure the arrow would have enough behind it to even stick in. but why not in game? by taking that out what are you doing other than taking away something some people enjoy doing. im never gona shoot at those ranges or take part in long range comps so i dont really care if its possible or not but others do. think about it, you change the fact an arrow hit is an arrow kill guarantee and nobody is ever beating tonys record and that ruins the fun for everyone who wants to try and tony who wants go keep pushing it.
BCOX

Post by BCOX »

Another long shot record has been broke with help from Tony.
481.25 meters

https://www.thehunter.com/?utm_expid=.M ... n/82805160

I also got a bonus kill on a cow elk with a neck shot from 480.68 meters.

https://www.thehunter.com/?utm_expid=.M ... n/82793169
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Amazing accomplishments! Congrats!
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Here we go again. Over 1000 m on a target.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BCOX

Post by BCOX »

Over 1600 Meter Shot (1 mile).

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

:o You guys are killing me!!! :lol: This is beautiful! :D I love that you keep pushing the envelope. MORE MORE MORE!!!! Congratulations to both of you!! :)

Return to “General Chat”