Best weapon in game, what is your favorite?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Best weapon in game, what is your favorite?

Post by ehr_Icaar »

One gun to rule them all!
Spoiler:
16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun
This is in my opinion the best weapon they have added in a looong time. I love it.
Have you tried it yet? Go buy it otherwise.
What do you think about it?

I love the sights, sound, look, performance and the scope.

Thread is also for other ideas about what is the best weapon, share your favorite! :mrgreen:
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Best weapon in game, what is your favorite?

Post by Seifer »

The drilling is nice because it's ethical for absolutely everything. I haven't used it too much but the little bit I have used it I think it's a great all round gun. As far as my favorite, that honor goes to the first rifle I've purchased in the game and that's the .300. Love it even more now that they've introduced the Eagle Mk 1 scope! I like the different skins for it but my favorite is probably the .300 Carbon. Such a beautiful rifle :P
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I love all the classic rifles but if I had to pick one it would be the .303 British Bolt Action Rifle.

16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun is okay for multipurpose but that's it I wouldn't take the gun on just a rifle hunt or just a shotgun hunt as any shotgun/rifle alone can do better.
With the increase weight to 5kg the gun has the worst gun wobble out of any gun in the game.
Also note you can't use that gun on a tripod rest which in itself makes it not be able to go past level 20 shooting skill unlike other rifles can get to level 27 using a tripod rest, if a comp requires a tripod rest you're out of luck.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Hunter.Glass

Post by Hunter.Glass »

Easily the 7mm Break Action and the .300 Carbon rifle
~Glass
Favorite Caliber: .300 - Favorite Species: Bear - Hunting Since: 2015 - PC: AMD 1500X, 12GB, 1050 Ti
Hunter.Glass

Post by Hunter.Glass »

I also tend to take the .50 Muzzleloader and the Buffalo Rifle, which are the best in my opinion, despite some accuracy issues with the .50 muzzleloader, depending on how you use it, but I also like the heavy Recurve Bow but I'm not that great with it, but I want to get better.
~Glass
Favorite Caliber: .300 - Favorite Species: Bear - Hunting Since: 2015 - PC: AMD 1500X, 12GB, 1050 Ti
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I was a huge fan of the 7mm break action (premium one cause pretty guns shoot better) until I got the Drilling! I have to say I love that gun! Its got great iron sights & while I carry a scope for it, rarely do I mount it. The extra weight doesnt mean anything to me, I rarely exceed 60% of my carry capacity & I only own one tripod rest but never use it so that limitation doesnt affect me.

I like the 30-30 allot as well. Another classic rifle that also has very good iron sights. I love the old guns; I just wish many of them had better iron sights. Come on EW, put the same love into the iron sights of the rest of the rifles that you did on the drilling.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

To me it's the 9.3x74R Break Action Rifle. Very versatile, good for everything from small deer to big game. Not everybody likes the reticles of the scopes though. The .30R O/U Break Action Rifle I also like a lot, even though it's not ethical for beef.
Granted, I don't do long range shooting, so I can't say anything about their effective range or ballistics.

The Drilling surely is nice, even though the 16GA ammo is a bit weak imo. Probably had to use that for balancing reasons...
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Parker Bow for quadruplets. 10GA for anything in the air. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Heavy Recurve Bow for fun & traditional realism, and POWER. Parker Python for silence, light weight and holding your bow up for ages. 7mm--Bullpup for just complete OP amazing gun or Break-Action for looks & sound.

I really want a .300 Composite, but they're never in st--WAIT, yes they are. Time to go buy one :D
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

I like the parker, I have 17,775 kills with it.
If I had to pick a rifle I would choose the 30R.

Return to “General Chat”