Best weapon in game, what is your favorite?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Best weapon in game, what is your favorite?

Post by DanthemanBoone »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Bluejay wrote:I like the parker, I have 17,775 kills with it.
If I had to pick a rifle I would choose the 30R.
Agreed. The 30R is my first choice now. I also have the 9.3x74R Break Action Rifle but find the 30R is flatter shooting, has more consistent accuracy, has better knockdown power and gives more clean kills on all the animals they share permissions for.
For the really big stuff I still like the 45/70 lever action best.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

For rifles .30 R has still been a solid rifle for me even after they added the 9.3 i still go back to the .30 R. Drops what i shoot at more times then not.
For bows i like the pulsar and have it maxed out so i use the parker now.
For handguns i like the 10mm.
For shotguns the 10ga is my fav.
Nathan22Outdoors
Kung_Fujas

Post by Kung_Fujas »

I am from Austria, so the (Steyr) Scout 7mm08 has to be mine^^ and so far I can say the weapon is a beast :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

My two personal favorites are the .303 British and the .45-70 Buffalo rifle.

The .303 has great animation and sounds, and is just a sweet pleasure to hunt goats with. I can really imagine myself in Australia about 100 years ago hunting goats and roos. Love BRR.

The .45-70 is the buffalo rifle of my dreams. It is an incredible weapon to try those super long shots with since the Extended Render update. Awesome! My only wish is that I also had a decent .45 Long Colt on my hip to finish them off with - but a real six-shooter, not a way-too-weak five-shooter. And a horse of course! :D
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

.30-06 Lever Action Rifle (Classic) when i started to play the hunter 2013 :D

at the moment i love the 7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle -> lightweight + 10 shot polymer magazine but i don´t like the intergral bipod :x i need a manually option to use it

But most use and love with the Compound Bow "Parker Python" ... now the Red Dragon Version

with the drilling i make every hunt a mistake of use the right ammo :oops: and Doc is not amuesed: What's this? Unpermitted projectiles hitting ...

i don´t have the time to try all out :idea:
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

mapache01 wrote:Easy .3000 Carbon, 7mm and 30-06 (great for pack of yotes, Mule Deer brothers),

I wish the .300 have the reload mechanism and magazine of 308 Carbon Bolt I'm using this one for Goats/Roos

Here's my new "toy" acquired last week , Browning Stalker .308

And here's what I carry normally. (40SW) my other pistols a Bull Cherokee and SIG 229 both 9mm
I'm assuming you are from the US (apologies if I am incorrect) it's a side note but it's so alien to me being from the UK for someone to say "what I carry normally" guns are rare (and banned) here so it's just completely out of the ordinary! :D

Fave weapon: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle ! I love the green crosshair scope for some reason ;)
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Hynu wrote:
mapache01 wrote:...I And here's what I carry normally. (40SW) my other pistols a Bull Cherokee and SIG 229 both 9mm...

I'm assuming you are from the US (apologies if I am incorrect) it's a side note but it's so alien to me being from the UK for someone to say "what I carry normally" guns are rare (and banned) here so it's just completely out of the ordinary! :D

Fave weapon: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle ! I love the green crosshair scope for some reason ;)
Nothing to apology my friend, and nope, I'm not from US, I'm from Guatemala, I was some 10 years ago on the National Air rifle regional team also an Army Reservist, I don't carry always my .40mm or 9mm, mostly weekends, but yes I regularly go to Shooting Range, I try to go once or twice in a month with some friends, to loose some stress and have a good time with them, then we end making a BBQ (no one drinks alcohol, and only one smokes)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

mapache01 wrote:... then we end making a BBQ (no one drinks alcohol, and only one smokes)
Huh, a BBQ without a beer. Interesting concept. What's that like? :?
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

The 30R is getting my vote also. Honourable mention for the 7mm magnum bullpup.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Is hard to pick only one, but the .30R O/U is pretty much my first choice when a all around weapon is needed, then the PP and the snakebite both are excellent choices as bow, now in practical terms i think the best weapon would be the 12ga pump shotgun+slug scope, is ethical for almost everything and the ammo is free for guest, so is a great beginner weapon and a keeper.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”