Motion Predator Decoy VS Electronic Caller

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Motion Predator Decoy VS Electronic Caller

Post by ehr_Icaar »

What is the best caller?
Motion Predator Decoy or Electronic Caller

As far as I understand you cannot use both.

And are there any difference between the two Motion predator decoys, do they stack on each others effect?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Motion Predator Decoy VS Electronic Caller

Post by DYEUZ »

You can use both and i have made a thread somewhere in the past , showing how to do so . They can be about 1-2 feet apart if install correctly .
Search for it or i can try to find for you when i have a bit more time to search .

Here : https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... oy#p908766
Sorry about pics not there no more .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ehr_Icaar wrote:And are there any difference between the two Motion predator decoys, do they stack on each others effect?
No, the difference is just cosmetic.

The motion predator decoy has an attraction radius of approx. 50 meters on dogs and cats, but they need to see it, similar to how the turkey decoys work. It overrides the attraction of the jackrabbit caller, so once a yote/fox sees the decoy, it'll ignore your call and come straight to the decoy and stand there for a few seconds. It'll also be distracted a bit, so doesn't sense you as easily. Generally if you get a call, place a decoy, find a place to hide, then use the caller and you should be good.

The e-caller works on bobcats or lynxes (depending on which sounds you own/use), it's attraction radius is around 220 meters afaik. You can combine these with the decoys too. Since a cat flees if it comes too close to the e-caller (because it realizes it's fake), you can turn the e-caller off as soon as the cat sees the decoy and it should come closer and not flee as easily.
Image Image Image
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

How useful is the motion predator decoys for bobcat and lynx? red fox and coyote I never felt the need and it says just occasionally attracts bobcat and lynx
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

knott wrote:How useful is the motion predator decoys for bobcat and lynx? red fox and coyote I never felt the need and it says just occasionally attracts bobcat and lynx
I think it's more effective with Coyotes . For Bobcats / Lynx , it's minimum attraction imo .
So , i stick now to what goes best for each species.
So , i am saying , not that useful .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

knott wrote:How useful is the motion predator decoys for bobcat and lynx? red fox and coyote I never felt the need and it says just occasionally attracts bobcat and lynx
On and off. Can be useful to get them to hold still and get them on the spot you want as I find the electronic caller they can get within 40m or so and then just walk away. If you know one is in the area though scent spray works much better in combination with the E caller.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

It is only useful if an animal is already very close. You still need a caller if you want to attract distant canines and felines.

If they detect the decoy, they will come and stand 1-2 m next to it for a while, then walk away. I actually never found a use for these decoys.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”