What happened to Trapper Tent?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

What happened to Trapper Tent?

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Hey been away for a long time.
Noticed in store trapper tent is gone. Why did they stop selling it?
It's my fav tent.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: What happened to Trapper Tent?

Post by DYEUZ »

It's in Doc's shed now . Not buyable , unless they bring it back some day for a special occasion .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

But why was removed, i wasn't here at that time either, and the last time it was buy able and looked very nice, its very strange to develop a whole new tent and then put the thing in the Doc's shed, was there some bug or something with the tent?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

VonStratos wrote:But why was removed, i wasn't here at that time either, and the last time it was buy able and looked very nice, its very strange to develop a whole new tent and then put the thing in the Doc's shed, was there some bug or something with the tent?
You can walk right up on top of the trapper tent, crouch, and even go prone and shoot. This gives it a particular advantage over other tents. Buy it when you can, because it's a good one to use if you like to keep a tent in your backpack. ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ah i read about that, but was really a reason to remove it for good? maybe EW could have fixed it in some way, is a pity, looks really unique.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It will be back on sale I'm sure, but no one knows when. Watch for it! :)
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

They dump some of the old stuff into "Doc's Shed". It'll be available for sale one day.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I never quite could get on board with the psychology behind Doc's shed. Not for this game. I mean, I understand the whole scarcity sales tactic, but I think it would be more suited to a teenage target audience. The theory is that if you have to wait for something you will be more inclined to buy it during a limited period of availability and that if someone tells you that you can't have something you may want it even more. It just seems like a revenue generation contingency plan for the bad month-ends which, although probably a clever way of hitting sales targets when all else fails, most likely just generates confusion with new and returning players, and frustration with completionists who chose to buy at their own pace. I would just find it annoying if I didn't already own everything in Doc's shed. If people want to buy something just let them.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

caledonianblues wrote:I never quite could get on board with the psychology behind Doc's shed. Not for this game. I mean, I understand the whole scarcity sales tactic, but I think it would be more suited to a teenage target audience. The theory is that if you have to wait for something you will be more inclined to buy it during a limited period of availability and that if someone tells you that you can't have something you may want it even more. It just seems like a revenue generation contingency plan for the bad month-ends which, although probably a clever way of hitting sales targets when all else fails, most likely just generates confusion with new and returning players, and frustration with completionists who chose to buy at their own pace. I would just find it annoying if I didn't already own everything in Doc's shed. If people want to buy something just let them.
Yep. Well thought out and well said, thank you.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Post by Shaggymobilly »

caledonianblues wrote:I never quite could get on board with the psychology behind Doc's shed. Not for this game. I mean, I understand the whole scarcity sales tactic, but I think it would be more suited to a teenage target audience. The theory is that if you have to wait for something you will be more inclined to buy it during a limited period of availability and that if someone tells you that you can't have something you may want it even more. It just seems like a revenue generation contingency plan for the bad month-ends which, although probably a clever way of hitting sales targets when all else fails, most likely just generates confusion with new and returning players, and frustration with completionists who chose to buy at their own pace. I would just find it annoying if I didn't already own everything in Doc's shed. If people want to buy something just let them.
Couldn't agree more.

As someone who should up late for this party it is very frustrating not to be "allowed" to buy certain items. I actually thought about this quite a lot today. I was at first excited to see the winter camo Snakebite bow and Primal shotgun show up for sale today. The more I thought about it however I was just buying them because they were kept from me, not because I really want or need them. I have a few thousand shots left to max out the bows I already own. Long story short, if it is a sales tactic it's not the way to get my business so I didn't bother to buy them.

Get this stuff out front and let us buy it. It's not very smart business to not take your customer's money. :shock:

Return to “General Chat”