Rage quit! Trax vanishing...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Rage quit! Trax vanishing...

Post by BearJohnson »

since the release of the lynx I have been pounding Hellmendal...

I have had my dog stop tracking...
Trax on Lynx, Brown Bear, roe deer, and fox - vanish while tracking them.

Got so frustrating I rage quit...

Question:

IF animals run off the reserve, does that cause trax to vanish?

I had trax vanish near the edges AND dead smack in the middle of the map.

I need some sleep.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Rage quit! Trax vanishing...

Post by VonStratos »

I think is the bug of the vanishing tracks, its not new but doesn't happen often, however like you i was tracking a Lynx that ran in direction of the border and then the tracks vanished before my eyes. I cant say if was because the animal flew with direction towards the out of the reserve border or just coincidence.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I'v had lynx tracks that make no sense, usually first track points the right way, 2nd track points completely wrong way, 3rd is right away, 4th is wrong and it keeps going. Basiacly every 2nd track being printed wrong on the ground. I'v also had issues when the lynx tries to come down a hill, not even that steep one. Instead of going straight it starts running headlessly around for minutes until it finds the game calculated path again, very similar what bobcats used to do when they reached the motion decoy/e-caller.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I saw a bobcat running in circles like chasing his own tail for a lot of time the other day, don't know if bugged or part of the behavior, but was hilarious, but i think that if Lynx have that issue, that could explain the messed tracks, i have also found that inconsistent Lynx tracks. but in step terrain line the one around Grimulfr's Sten.

ImageImage
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

This is happening more often than before, at least in hemmeldal, I saw many buried tracks in the ground just like the one in the video and not only for lynx, I bet there are way more tracks like this but being completely invisible is hard to tell, you can only hear those tracks when you pas above them with the hunter mate equipped and hear the sound, this might be the cause why many players are complaining for loosing the track and can't find the next one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnjCJBa ... e=youtu.be
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

I think there is a limit of how many tracks there can be on a reserve, maybe it goes to max and old tracks star to vanish?
Usually it takes very long but maybe some bug or setting need to be corrected.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

yes there was a bug long ago where tracks were vanishing, and maybe is back in a minor scale, i had Lynx tracks vanishing before me when i was about to click them with the HM. and that has happened with other animals too.

ImageImage
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

They are 2 types of bugged tracks as far as I saw, one is when you are getting close to a track and it disappear in front of you and one is when the track is completely hidden like the one in my video, but don't wait for a quick fix for this bug as-long this was reported way way back and is till happening...
Animal Tracks Hidden Under Objects
Postby Furley » August 10th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Sometimes when im tracking an animal i'll lose the trail then while walking around stumble across the next track hidden under a rock, stump, etc. Sometimes they can be partially hidden but sometimes they are completely hidden under something and the only way i know it there is the HM beeping.

Return to “General Chat”