HOW Here is HOW 10/10

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: HOW Here is HOW 10/10

Post by JimboCrow »

J_Birdman wrote:It's really interesting to know how you perceived this, Jimbo.
I misunderstood. I thought you were skeptical it could be accomplished, as I was. I thought you were being sarcastic and telling Ron to put up or shut up, so yeah, I thought you were doubtful; and then cheerfully admitted it. My mistake, and I sincerely apologize. Oftentimes it's best when I delete my posts before I submit them, or at least reread others' posts first. My bad. :? :oops:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Props on a stunt well setup & executed!
Tod1d wrote: I'd be inclined to call 0 wind & that degree of repeatability with an arrow at 300m a game flaw.
I'm with you Tod. When such stunts are proposed I make the error of equating classic with reality.

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Ravenousfox wrote:Good shooting HOWEVER
Hold up that's a Crossbow with that scope you can still see the target, would be better of an example to do it with a bow like Ron stated in the other thred.
That's why you guys picked the Reverse Draw Crossbow because you could still see the target I know with the Ten Point Crossbow over 249m can't see the target as I've shot that far.
Can you do it with a bow not crossbow?
It does not matter which bow or cbow you use there since all you are doing is lining up a part of your weapon with a part of scenery which without wind results always hitting the same spot, given you have steady hands. Hardest part is to find a spot like this, the lob couple of tracer arrows from a shooting mat and place a target where the tracers land. Almost anyone can do this, takes no particular skill. Skill is needed when you are shooting at something you have ranged with binocs/map and don't know a pre determined spot to aim at.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Andhii wrote:
Hold up that's a Crossbow with that scope you can still see the target, would be better of an example to do it with a bow like Ron stated in the other thred.
That's why you guys picked the Reverse Draw Crossbow because you could still see the target I know with the Ten Point Crossbow over 249m can't see the target as I've shot that far.
It does not matter which bow or cbow you use
Bows you HAVE to shoot crouched or standing crossbows you can lay down to hold your breath for 100% steady shots, does matter m8.
Not to mention most of the crossbows with a scope on can still see your target you're going for, bows you can't that far out.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Andhii wrote:
It does not matter which bow or cbow you use
Bows you HAVE to shoot crouched or standing crossbows you can lay down to hold your breath for 100% steady shots, does matter m8.
Not to mention most of the crossbows with a scope on can still see your target you're going for, bows you can't that far out.
You are right, the ability to shoot cbow prone does give the shooter a slight advantage, however if you have a decent skill level on lets say a compound bow, you can do aswell as you could with the cbow. I shoot ducks from 200m while they swim in water and I prefer snakebite for the obvious reasons.

But my point here is, if you have the fixed aiming points figured out, long distance shot like these can be done with any bow or crossbow, while shooting at a stationary target and no wind. :)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Well done.

Do I get a finder's fee for your payout?

Just wonderin'

LOL
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

@ JimboCrow I was very much trying to get Ron to "put up", but in a friendly way, not jerky. I sometimes have this issue where I feel I should add a stupid smiley face or something just to help make sure people understand the mood/intent of certain posts, but then there's this other side of me that says, "gee, do I really need to add a smiley face so people know I'm not being a jerk here?" Also, I'm a big fan of sarcastic humor, but that doesn't always come out right on the internet/written form, so maybe I need to just start adding smiley faces or something to all my stuff. :lol:

Btw that was a real :lol:, not a "defining" :lol: (hahahah!) Anyway, no worries, thanks man. And you're not the only one who pens a post only to end up ditching it, trust me!

@David aka Caledonianblues I second Bear's notion, please give him 100k em$ for being the actual instigator of this amazing series of events! :lol:
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Also with the crossbow you have the vertical alignment you only have to adjust for horizontal which ain't that hard regarding that for long shots you are close to the bottom of the scope and if you find some tree branches or a mountain in the background to help you align the shoot it's way more easier.
You can see in the video he is using the tip of the mountain to aim and also the small leaf in the lower part of the scope is helping a lot.

I also agree that this is not skill, this types of long shots require just testing + searching for the right locations/environments that you can use to hit the target, in this case with no wind he could have hit easily more than 10 times as long the aiming is so easy.
Aiming a bow at the clear sky with absolutely nothing to aid your aim and having to adjust horizontally and vertically only by mouse and approximating where that arrow will hit Thats Skill, I would like to see 10/10 of those types of shots.
This setup was done so good that anyone who knew where to aim could hit the target, so congrats for the setup which in my opinion is where the prize money should had gone :)
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

If shots over 300 m are so easy, why don't all you experts go out and make a few and post your results. If you can do it so easy, check my lifetime stats for most of the bows, and you will have a starting distance to go for. Oh and BTW most of them are well over 300 m and up to 596 m with the heavy recurve. Looking forward to seeing your results posted. Have fun!!
Spoiler:
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Because not all of us "experts" how you ironically call us wanna spend hours in this game doing long shoots just to brag on forum, the majority of us just enjoy the game as it is and try to have fun, your video proves nothing except the time you spend finding a good spot, no skill what so ever is need in hitting a target while only you need is to aim at the tip of a mountain when there is no wind, and the rest of your long shoots only prove that this is what you are after and your dedication to take them but to keep bragging on forum about this is childish in my opinion.

Return to “General Chat”