HOW Here is HOW 10/10

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

HOW Here is HOW 10/10

Post by INTIMID883R »

From spotter view.

Spoiler:
Shooter view to follow.
Spoiler:
BCOX

Re: HOW Here is HOW 10/10

Post by BCOX »

From shooter view.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Well would you look at that, fair play lads fair play. Hand up I was wrong it can be done, it has been done and we have proof. However if I may ask are all comps won by lining up the tip of a mountain with a reticle or was that happy coincidence?. Is that how you guys do it place feeders where you know you have reference points? Or do you make reference points after you place feeders?

And being honest I’m willing to say you win and I’m not checking Hunt history’s I just wana Know did it happen first time or did it take one or 2 hunts to get the position of the bear perfect?
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Nice shooting BCOX.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

It was several hunts to set it up, I tried several times, and my shacking hands were killing me. When Mr Cox got home I took him to the spot, He made a few practice shots and only missed one. So we started a new hunt, and you see the results. As for your other question about long range comps, I don't shoot in those unless it is a forum comp.

EDIT Hunt history would do you no good, He shot from the mat and no shots registered.
Last edited by INTIMID883R on September 13th, 2018, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
BCOX

Post by BCOX »

Thanks Mills. Was one of the easier long shots I have done with a bow, with wind not being a issue and having a great aim point.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Post by Shaggymobilly »

I guess I have pretty good shooter sense. As soon as Mr. Cox hit that mat and turned around I saw the target down there and would have bet anything the aim point was the peak of that mountain.

Just out of curiousity, when you are sorting these shots out do you pick a point of reference such as that mountain top and fire two or three shots to see where it hits then place the target accordingly? If not, how do you make the set-up. How many shots does it take on average prior to get to the 10/10 result?

Neat to see someone post the deed after all the goings on in the other thread. Thanks for taking the time. Not really my cup of tea, but cool to watch.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

INTIMID883R wrote:It was several hunts to set it up, I tried several times, and my shacking hands were killing me. When Mr Cox got home I took him to the spot, He made a few practice shots and only missed one. So we started a new hunt, and you see the results. As for your other question about long range comps, I don't shoot in those unless it is a forum comp.

EDIT Hunt history would do you no good, He shot from the mat and no shots registered.

Fair enough mate I was wrong you can drill with with the crossbow, the mat never entered my Mind I was looking from the angle of set the hunter up to the target not the target up to the hunter :/. Appreciate the honestly.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

congrats thats all i will say.
BCOX

Post by BCOX »

Yes Shaggymobilly, we will usually start by picking a object out (point of mountain, tree, rock, ect.) and start adjusting from there. Since the aim point was figured out by Tony prior to me getting on, it took me maybe 5-10 practice shots, only missing one, before we restarted to make the videos. When we are looking for a brand new aim point however, it could take us 50 shots to start getting dialed in since most of the time we are dealing with wind.

Return to “General Chat”