The "New Animal" Dilemma and an Idea

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

The "New Animal" Dilemma and an Idea

Post by HooCairs »

Having the Hemmeldal discussion and seeing everyone's posts, I have been thinking about this whole hype about "we are working on a new animal". Nowadays that gives me more shivers than excitement. Every introduction of an animal into an existing map messes it up. I have been suggesting grey wolf for RFF. You know what, please don't do it! RFF is great as it is. The wolf packs would require some 30 wolves to be added at the cost of 30 other animals. Thanks but no thanks. Seriously I can only hope every new animal only gets added to no more than one map. The bobcat on WH is superfluous for example given that we all liked that reserve as it was and the bobcat already is on three other maps. They can remove it from WH any day. Elk have become sparse on the southern part since that cat.

I have an idea if they really want to add animals to existing maps, using an example.
  1. Copy Redfeather Falls.
  2. Replace the summer vegetation by fall vegetation and leave everything else exactly the same. Every tree (we have treestands), every shrub, every rock, etc.
  3. Offer it at game launch as an additional new map.
  4. Remove black bear and add grey wolf.
  5. You can even change the spawn of existing animals, e.g. make large elk herds (!) and reduce whitetails.
Idea sound good?

And then, maybe one day... :D

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: The "New Animal" Dilemma and an Idea

Post by BearJohnson »

LOVE the "season" idea!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Just to set the record straight before this thread kicks off, for both the Bobcat and Lynx. No animal numbers have been reduced to make way for these animals. Both the Lynx and Bobcat populations were added ON TOP of the existing map numbers, increasing the total number of animals.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just to set the record straight before this thread kicks off, for both the Bobcat and Lynx. No animal numbers have been reduced to make way for these animals. Both the Lynx and Bobcat populations were added ON TOP of the existing map numbers, increasing the total number of animals.
In therein perhaps lies the answer of what happened to Hemmeldal after ptarmigans were introduced. Or at least part of it...
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just to set the record straight before this thread kicks off, for both the Bobcat and Lynx. No animal numbers have been reduced to make way for these animals. Both the Lynx and Bobcat populations were added ON TOP of the existing map numbers, increasing the total number of animals.
Sorry if I dare but ... did you walk around Hemmendal? Because with all the good will it becomes difficult to believe...
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/67573
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/67574
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/67575
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Well somehow there seems a disconnect between you mechanics and us drivers. ;)

But as for the idea Matt, how do you like it personally? Without giving any "EW promises" of course.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

BearJohnson wrote:LOVE the "season" idea!
season change has been a idea since the game began . i made a autumn colouration video for eg about 8 years ago. :D when talking about making different seasons for whitehart.

i get what hoo is saying about adding certain animals but i wouldnt want any reserve copying. just make new. i dont see the point of take all these assets we already have and same animals and put them on a new/same reserve.especially when that time could be spent on a new reserve.

if a reserve works well just leave it as it is. redfeather is a fun map. works well is a community fav why would you add anything more to a popular map ? if anything you would add things to a least popular map. like settlers.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hoo, if they removed Black Bears from RFF and added Grey Wolves instead, I collect your head. :P
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Hoo, if they removed Black Bears from RFF and added Grey Wolves instead, I collect your head. :P
:lol: :lol:
Ouch! Thus the option to either have bears (summer map) or wolves (fall map). No loss of anything, just some gain. Well yeah I know about the wolf chasing dilemma. Actually grey wolf only chases RM Elk and makes mule deer nervous, none of which roams RFF. :)
Spoiler:
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

HooCairs wrote:
Seasons would be awsome

Return to “General Chat”