Lynx hunting, Too easy? Or just lucky?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stuntmstr

Lynx hunting, Too easy? Or just lucky?

Post by stuntmstr »

I was hyped the moment I heard the new lynx would present a more "Realistic" Challenge for hunters.
Today with the release of the Eurasian Lynx into hemmeldal I decided to go on a hunt to see if I could get one.
The plan for my hunt was to take the more reasonable aproach, 10-15 minute sits with the E-caller and a lot of glassing, This is how the hunt turned out.

SIT 1 - Spent about 12 minutes glassing and calling at the first spot, saw nothing but a fox and a bear.

SIT 2 - Another 10-13 minute sit where all I saw or heard was a female moose.

SIT 3 - A couple hundred meters awy from the second spot I sat for the third time, about 2 minutes in I heard a Female Lynx and took her out with my Parker Bow.

SIT 4 - Got a call But a bear spooked and presumably spooked the lynx since it never came in.

SIT 5 - Just 150m from that 4th spot I found my first Male Lynx And took it out with the bow too.

NOTE: All of this happened within an hour real time. Given my first experience I'd say Lynx hunting is very similar to bobcat hunting, maybe a bit more challenging but not too big of a difference.

Female Lynx: 6.425
Male Lynx : No Score :shock:

Hunter and rugby player.
Gray1977

Re: Lynx hunting, Too easy? Or just lucky?

Post by Gray1977 »

Definitely seemed a little too easy to me. I went all out and brought ground blind, e-caller, double tail motion decoy, and scent lure because I thought it would be a trickier hunt. I used a .17 HMR lever action with HV rounds. I headed to the NW corner of the map (which seemed like the logical place to find Lynx based on Bobcat behaviors). I took a Reindeer in the first 15 minutes of the hunt, and then found the Lynx track on the other side of where the reindeer pack was. The Lynx might have been stalking the Reindeer, but the shot made it flee. I tracked it shortly until it went to roaming. I immediately set up a ground blind, lynx scent, and callers, and in the first 30 minutes of the hunt I had it. I was pretty shocked as I figured they would be way more elusive.

Score 11.123 (Boone and Crockett Club sheet linked below)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gray ... /618280653

Trophy Shot (I am not great at taking trophy shots)
https://photo.thehunter.com/48/fc/48fcd ... 8b3b03.jpg
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Yeah I don't find em as rare as they hyped them up to be. As I found 5 Lynx in one area 200m zone (bottom left of map)
Incoming Lynx spawn rate nerf. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

If Lynx is rare, then Roe Deer must be ultra rare since I saw less Roes than Lynxes :P
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

I think they are about right personally.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Try stalking them without the e-caller and Lynx scent,...
you can use scent eliminator & the predator caller though......
Then tell me what you think after that?
I just wanted to see how hunting them they compared to other animals going against them one on one.
They're right up there at the top of the animal evasion list....
They ought to make a lynx comp without no help of the e-caller, lynx scent, stands & blinds.. just to see what players can get............. :lol:
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

I used no scent eliminator, no camo, no stands, no scent spray and no guns. Just my bow and the E-caller

Hunter and rugby player.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I find the E-Caller is not very effective, had it on for 1 hour real time and though I could here one 170m away it would'nt come in. I turned off the caller and used spray and in it came.....
Also the noise on the E-Caller is a shocker.... First the seagull and then the sound of some poor fellow who is stuck on the loo with severe gastroenterites, even with the poor "sniff" at the end :D

I had a MP game open with 7 E-Callers with stands setup along the west side and in nearly 3 hours real time 3 Lynx were harvested by all players..... my aim of 250 of all species has just been set back by 3 years.... :roll: :?
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

First "hunt": I ran from the south-east lodge to the south-west area to place a tent. Found a track right were I wanted to place the tent.

Second hunt: After ~25 game minutes I got my first lynx using scent eliminator, predator caller and the new lynx spray.

I wouldn't call that a "rare" animal that is difficulty to hunt.

But let's wait.

When a new animal is released, the devs make them easy to hunt for about ~2 weeks, so nobody is p*ssed not getting their trophy.

I remember the red deer on hirschfelden. When new: 1-2 monster-deer on every hunt. Now: A lot of females and small males.

MfG L.E.

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

OOOOOO, I would be happy to try make them even harder :twisted:

Accept I remember how people handled and still do handle the Sambar Deer... But this is all good feedback thanks, I am a fan of providing challenges :)

Return to “General Chat”