Barren Hemmeldal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Barren Hemmeldal

Post by HooCairs »

Radamus wrote:If I'm reading you right, are you suspecting there's maybe some kind of RNG thing that selects specific spawn numbers on top of the typical RNG gods selecting rates/locations/pathing and species mix? And since we are having this discussion someone is following along and flipping some switches? Call me naive (somewhat a weakness I'll admit) but I'm going to need a lot of ketchup to get that burger down my friend :lol:
Don't know what RNG means but yes, I know that they are monitoring what animals and what reserves are hunted. They hear a lot about there should me more of this here or less of that there (e.g. wolves, ptarmigans, grizzlies) and then sometimes they actually make changes. And they don't tell us many times. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I thin rng is random numbers generator, but to add location to the Lynx, i have found consistently tracks and audio clues in the area right west of the Grimulfr's Sten, i haven't hunt one yet because i was there after other objectives, but that area also seems to spawn Lynx... and ptarmigans, so many f..ixed ptarmigans.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HooCairs wrote:
Radamus wrote:If I'm reading you right, are you suspecting there's maybe some kind of RNG thing that selects specific spawn numbers on top of the typical RNG gods selecting rates/locations/pathing and species mix? And since we are having this discussion someone is following along and flipping some switches? Call me naive (somewhat a weakness I'll admit) but I'm going to need a lot of ketchup to get that burger down my friend :lol:
Don't know what RNG means but yes, I know that they are monitoring what animals and what reserves are hunted. They hear a lot about there should me more of this here or less of that there (e.g. wolves, ptarmigans, grizzlies) and then sometimes they actually make changes. And they don't tell us many times. ;)
Sometimes I feel this way is working spawning less animals during Comps or is it just my bad luck.
Server side or not............ ;)
Maybe it is just being used more at those times and randomly more percentage of bad spawns server side for client side info.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well I can say the same thing about S.WHI right now. Went looking for WT and found 3 doe and 1 buck on the whole place. Plenty of cats though- more cats than WT. 1 elk bull and 2 packs of elk cows. What a load of crud.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:Well I can say the same thing about S.WHI right now. Went looking for WT and found 3 doe and 1 buck on the whole place. Plenty of cats though- more cats than WT. 1 elk bull and 2 packs of elk cows. What a load of crud.
I've tried both for SS's competition - southern WHI and SW Redfeather - and the latter is the way to go. No that I had more luck with finding a real trophy buck, but at least I saw some whitetail. Southern Whitehart Island is probably for cats and dogs only nowadays - for deer you better go somewhere else.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Radamus wrote:Well I can say the same thing about S.WHI right now. Went looking for WT and found 3 doe and 1 buck on the whole place. Plenty of cats though- more cats than WT. 1 elk bull and 2 packs of elk cows. What a load of crud.
I've tried both for SS's competition - southern WHI and SW Redfeather - and the latter is the way to go. No that I had more luck with finding a real trophy buck, but at least I saw some whitetail. Southern Whitehart Island is probably for cats and dogs only nowadays - for deer you better go somewhere else.
I'm afraid you might be right. Man, it used to be crawling with WT but now it's sucking bad. Such a shame, the reserve that started it all and it's trash.....can't believe it. I did pick up yotes tracks too, there's 1 spot they almost always spawn so I suspect that's where they were.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
I did exactly the same yesterday. Went to RFF and found the whitetails as usual. I hope they never add anything to that map.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

gas56 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Sometimes I feel this way is working spawning less animals during Comps or is it just my bad luck.
Server side or not............ ;)
Maybe it is just being used more at those times and randomly more percentage of bad spawns server side for client side info.
I think of it this way...
One area has lets say Whitetail, Bobcat, Elk.
The game will roll a dice on which animal takes up that spawn in that area each hunt.
1-2 Whitetail 3-4 Bobcat 5-6 Elk.
That's why I feel adding more animals into a map decreases the amount of a certain type of animal you want from that area.
Can we get a dev to confirm this is how the spawning system works?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

they said for the lynx the spawn wasnt reduced.to allow for the lynx . its pretty simple how the system works. i dont get why so many cant work it out. so many spots on reserve. certain species are tagged to certain spots. visit spot with said species there.if they not at certain species location then obviously they at a other one.thats all it is.unless a animal species is bugged or spawn system has a bug.

south whitehart maybe the whitetails have been moved.or spawn swapped round.just start at bottom go to first tower. you either get a elk call straight away or a whitetail. if its any other animal means spawns have changed.simple.

just did a few quick 3 minute hunts checking as above. 6 whitetail male in 10 minutes.also elk.on southern whitehart.

so seems fine.normal spawns also.for the bottom half.
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

I hunt WHI north and south every day, I spend much time there.
One thing I've noticed since the game update for the lynx is that whitetails are now spawning all over in north WHI.
Used to be they would spawn in the southern part of north WHI and migrate to the north as the game progressed.
Now there are as many WT as there are BT in northern WHI from the start of the hunt.
I am seeing normal WT spawns in southern WHI.

Return to “General Chat”