Barren Hemmeldal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Barren Hemmeldal

Post by Seifer »

ronMctube wrote:that really is great work. really surprised on the reindeer.did you go left to right or how did you do this ? interested.thanks.
Started at the north lodge, went counter clockwise around the entire perimeter and zig zagged the interior the rest of the time.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

The path I took, roughly.

Spoiler:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't know about the numbers of spawn, but today i had a very strange spawn, i went to WRR and started in the north-western lodge to hunt some foxes, and juts when i step out the lodge area and in less of five in game minutes i hear the loud call of a Moose, a Moose right out near that lodge, now we know animals can roam in almost all places and are generated 60mins before the player spawn, but that Moose from the tracks, and location, and time was clearly spawned in that area, there was also foxes and rabbits and the other usual animals, but is the first time i see a Moose spawning or even roaming in that place, to me the game confused that bull with a rabbit xD

here is the hunt and the score sheet, spoiler, was a lame bull:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/82750380
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... /618622107

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:I don't know about the numbers of spawn, but today i had a very strange spawn, i went to WRR and started in the north-western lodge to hunt some foxes, and juts when i step out the lodge area and in less of five in game minutes i hear the loud call of a Moose, a Moose right out near that lodge, now we know animals can roam in almost all places and are generated 60mins before the player spawn, but that Moose from the tracks, and location, and time was clearly spawned in that area, there was also foxes and rabbits and the other usual animals, but is the first time i see a Moose spawning or even roaming in that place, to me the game confused that bull with a rabbit xD

Moose can generally be somewhere around there west of the lodge sometimes though even when WRR first came out I would see a Moose and even the occasional Bufffalo,..
mostly though Sitkas, Fox, & Rabbits. I usually head South through the mountains when I use that lodge anymore but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moose there.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

VonStratos wrote:I don't know about the numbers of spawn, but today i had a very strange spawn, i went to WRR and started in the north-western lodge to hunt some foxes, and juts when i step out the lodge area and in less of five in game minutes i hear the loud call of a Moose, a Moose right out near that lodge, now we know animals can roam in almost all places and are generated 60mins before the player spawn, but that Moose from the tracks, and location, and time was clearly spawned in that area, there was also foxes and rabbits and the other usual animals, but is the first time i see a Moose spawning or even roaming in that place, to me the game confused that bull with a rabbit xD

There are a few moose that spawn near that lodge, quite often in fact. The lodge is not far northeast of a spot that is very good for moose, Sitka and Dall's sheep, as well as foxes and hares. Just head southwest along the face of that mountain, there is plenty of wildlife along there, up above and down below. Plenty! Head for the hilly area. A very good spot!

:arrow: Seifer: That is some yeoman work you did there! Very thorough, and providing results that ought to be expected I would think. Well done sir! Much appreciated!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok that explain a lot, it just the first time i saw one there and it caught me by surprise, good thing i was carrying a .454 as back up for Polar Bears. and by the way, does some one have found tracks of Lynx in the east side of the road?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Seifer wrote:Spent the day running around on Hemm. Thought y'all might be interested to see the results of my expedition.
Expedition (https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/seif ... n/82752554)
Cool. Thanks for the numbers Seifer. Now we have an idea of the status of HD as it was on Sunday, Sep 16, if you know what I mean. :D

Unless something needs change, it might stay like this for a while now. 84 reindeer, holy cow. However, they come and go and in theory, if you ran around indefinitely, you should find an indefinite nunber of reindeer. Unless the game doesn't recycle them. Anyone know?

Also I would LOVE to see reserve statistics, i.e. what places are hunted the most vs. the least.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

HooCairs wrote:84 reindeer, holy cow. However, they come and go and in theory, if you ran around indefinitely, you should find an indefinite number of reindeer. Unless the game doesn't recycle them. Anyone know?
As far as the reindeer I had the same thought that everytime a herd left the reserve the new herd was comprised of new animals but towards the end of my hunt I was hard pressed to find any new tracks for any animal. Not to say your theory isn't correct, Hemm is a large place after all.
Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Even though I found so many new tracks (292 in all) I did go for long stretches without any tracks. Sometimes as far as a couple km.
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:However, they come and go and in theory, if you ran around indefinitely, you should find an indefinite nunber of reindeer. Unless the game doesn't recycle them. Anyone know?
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'm pretty sure that reindeer get "recycled", so once an animal leaves the reserve, the same one is respawned at another place close to the border. Like waterfowl...
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”