Barren Hemmeldal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Barren Hemmeldal

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
HooCairs wrote:However, they come and go and in theory, if you ran around indefinitely, you should find an indefinite nunber of reindeer. Unless the game doesn't recycle them. Anyone know?
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'm pretty sure that reindeer get "recycled", so once an animal leaves the reserve, the same one is respawned at another place close to the border. Like waterfowl...
Ok so if a reindeer leaves and enters somewhere else, its tracks will not occur as "new". And in case I had spotted it on its first appearance, when it enters again and leaves tracks, I would see the adjusted weight estimation on the tracks?

If so, then yes that would be the same as with waterfowl. Makes sense. You can shoot a duck multiple times when it appears in different flocks. Can't do this with reindeer though. A hurt reindeer won't leave the reserve.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:Ok so if a reindeer leaves and enters somewhere else, its tracks will not occur as "new". And in case I had spotted it on its first appearance, when it enters again and leaves tracks, I would see the adjusted weight estimation on the tracks?
I don't have any "proof", but that's how I always understood it.
HooCairs wrote:A hurt reindeer won't leave the reserve.
You're right, this seems to be a difference between fowl and reindeer. I'm sure that I've learnt that from one of your videos. Didn't you even say that reindeer won't leave the reserve if they have been spooked? Or is my mind making that up?
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
HooCairs wrote:A hurt reindeer won't leave the reserve.
You're right, this seems to be a difference between fowl and reindeer. I'm sure that I've learnt that from one of your videos. Didn't you even say that reindeer won't leave the reserve if they have been spooked? Or is my mind making that up?
Yes, that's what I found out. If you want to get a big bull that you found tracks of, keep running and make sure to spook it before it exits. Otherwise you will have to find it in a complete different place. :D
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Seifer wrote:Spent the day running around on Hemm. Thought y'all might be interested to see the results of my expedition.
Expedition (https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/seif ... n/82752554)
Pretty amazing numbers! Many thanks for your dedication to undertake this animal study project.

Came up with a good way to sum this up and put a smile on faces
Spoiler:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Ravenousfox wrote:Hunting on Hemmeldal a bit more because of the Lynx I've noticed the Willow Ptarmigan idle calling sound cuts out A LOT.
Just noticing now that the female turkey calls also cut off.
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

HooCairs wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Hunting on Hemmeldal a bit more because of the Lynx I've noticed the Willow Ptarmigan idle calling sound cuts out A LOT.
Just noticing now that the female turkey calls also cut off.
Yeah I forgot to mention that but yes it sounds like all of a sudden they get killed mid call. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:Just noticing now that the female turkey calls also cut off.
I've noticed that too just recently. Should post a bug report...
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Female turkey calls are cut from a long time before the summer event, i don't know if was reported properly, but is a known bug.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

This is the most recent bug report about turkey calls that I could find (June 6th, 2018). Female turkey call cut off (http://forums.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ll#p940427)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Seifer wrote:Spent the day running around on Hemm. Thought y'all might be interested to see the results of my expedition.
Expedition (https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/seif ... n/82752554)
Eight hours and just 2 lynX!!! so people like me who don't have much time to play, will gonna bag a lynx every 3 months!!! that's not fun

Now i know why i cannot find a lynx when, I spend some 2-3 hours a session and found/track NONE, well I think is time to EW to increase a little the population for Lynx and decrease at least HAL those annoying birds

Return to “General Chat”