Barren Hemmeldal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Barren Hemmeldal

Post by Radamus »

HooCairs wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Radamus wrote:Well I can say the same thing about S.WHI right now. Went looking for WT and found 3 doe and 1 buck on the whole place. Plenty of cats though- more cats than WT. 1 elk bull and 2 packs of elk cows. What a load of crud.
I've tried both for SS's competition - southern WHI and SW Redfeather - and the latter is the way to go. No that I had more luck with finding a real trophy buck, but at least I saw some whitetail. Southern Whitehart Island is probably for cats and dogs only nowadays - for deer you better go somewhere else.
I did exactly the same yesterday. Went to RFF and found the whitetails as usual. I hope they never add anything to that map.
I did a RFF hunt and I agree with you 100% Hoo- Lets pray they never touch it or add a thing- It's the only reserve that is still the same as it always was. 1hr 45m spotted 16 WT ~ Nowhere else to find that.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

dont know. as i was just doing just done another 10 minute hunt spotted 4 whitetails from spawn. on southern whitehart.just do as my image indicates.

start at bottom spawn 11am. walk forward as soon as spawn.walk towards first tower. you will normally 90 percent of time get a whitetail call or elk. if elk fast travel to middle tent.normally on fast travel its a whitetail call.4 hunts of ten minutes maxed has yielded on avg 4 whitetails.so nothing other than normal.

if you want to see what it yields max. start at bottom take a bow and rifle but try and bow all whitetail.zig zag across the bottom left right killing all whitetail.ideally you will come close to 17-20 whitetail on the southern part.17 was my best total in one hunt on there.depends how you hunt it. where you start.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Hunting on Hemmeldal a bit more because of the Lynx I've noticed the Willow Ptarmigan idle calling sound cuts out A LOT.
Come to think of it I've been noticing a lot of animal calls being cut mid call or give a call but it's totally silent, can still ID it on the Huntermate.
What is going on, this game is getting so buggy of late.

Not to mention the Willow Ptarmigan flapping sound overlapping too much (when there's lots of them in flight) to the point where the sound cuts out a bit on that too.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ravenousfox wrote:
gas56 wrote:
HooCairs wrote: Don't know what RNG means but yes, I know that they are monitoring what animals and what reserves are hunted. They hear a lot about there should me more of this here or less of that there (e.g. wolves, ptarmigans, grizzlies) and then sometimes they actually make changes. And they don't tell us many times. ;)
Sometimes I feel this way is working spawning less animals during Comps or is it just my bad luck.
Server side or not............ ;)
Maybe it is just being used more at those times and randomly more percentage of bad spawns server side for client side info.
I think of it this way...
One area has lets say Whitetail, Bobcat, Elk.
The game will roll a dice on which animal takes up that spawn in that area each hunt.
1-2 Whitetail 3-4 Bobcat 5-6 Elk.
That's why I feel adding more animals into a map decreases the amount of a certain type of animal you want from that area.
Can we get a dev to confirm this is how the spawning system works?
What I really mean is that maybe the game isn't working like it should from server side spawns to client side info..........
It is a possibility,... and it's seemed weird to me sometimes since the server side spawning started. I really wouldn't add more animals to the maps... EW should try and get a graph done
to see how well the game system is working on the spawning rates on maps over a period of a time frame, maybe every 2 weeks or so.
I've been having great spawns lately though..... so I'm really not complaining ATM..... :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the whole mystique of the hunter is the data you will never know. making that public might aswell end the game. the problem with speculation is some are saying spawn this that animals are broke.yet i go on check this that and see totally opposite in under 1 minute of playing. so unless there is solid proof of something happening nothing needs to be changed or tweaked.

people just been saying prime eg about no whitetails or not as many on southern whitehart i just watched 14 in about 30 minutes of gameplay. not even trying.only other animal that i did see what a elk.yet none are about. the other week it was elk on redfeather. spawned in to check i videod it elk within 1 minute.killed that next tent elk.change up hunting or just try different things. the key of it all is under normal spawning the animals ARE there.so if you not finding a species its cause they not at the location you checking.

so you cant really say something isnt working without proof.from what i just seen on southern whitehart normal behaviour. i saw nothing but whitetails.
Gru

Post by Gru »

ronMctube wrote:so you cant really say something isnt working without proof.
That`s so funny I could of swore you just said you need proof when you make a claim ? Bit of dejavoo.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

rather than fall for bait from you what do you mean ? i saw what someone posted spawns were not right for whitetail on sw. went to check myself that they are fine.so the proof is there.they are fine.if they werent there wouldnt be whitetail.

people saying the spawns are broken need to prove they are before the issue if there is one will be looked into.the only thing spawn wise thats been broken we actually know about was the ptarmigans.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Ravenousfox wrote:I think of it this way...
One area has lets say Whitetail, Bobcat, Elk.
The game will roll a dice on which animal takes up that spawn in that area each hunt.
1-2 Whitetail 3-4 Bobcat 5-6 Elk.
That's why I feel adding more animals into a map decreases the amount of a certain type of animal you want from that area.
Could be that we find some sweet spots over time and when EW introduces another species, they look over all spawns and redistribute a bit. I mean that's what I would probably do, certainly if the distribution was noticeably uneven. The result is then the same amount of each species on the map overall, but in a bit different places. We think they got reduced, but they may just be in other locations more. Hirschfelden started with no red deer (HF's first icon was with a roe deer in it) and was full of wild boar in the south. Once the red deer came, you had to look for the boars in different places. We can never know for sure, but players' reports about possible changes usually have a reason.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Spent the day running around on Hemm. Thought y'all might be interested to see the results of my expedition.
Expedition (https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/seif ... n/82752554)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

that really is great work. really surprised on the reindeer.did you go left to right or how did you do this ? interested.thanks.

Return to “General Chat”