Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 20088
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby HooCairs » October 12th, 2018, 8:11 am

XxStrong1xX wrote:Were the Lynx missions a short term one time thing?
Usually, yes.

XxStrong1xX wrote:If you activated them can you still accomplish them?
Usually, yes.
User avatar
XxStrong1xX
Scout
Posts: 320
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby XxStrong1xX » October 12th, 2018, 8:16 am

HooCairs wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:Were the Lynx missions a short term one time thing?
Usually, yes.

XxStrong1xX wrote:If you activated them can you still accomplish them?
Usually, yes.



Thanks Hoo! That is what I thought I remembered on both questions. Just wanted to check and make sure.
User avatar
XxStrong1xX
Scout
Posts: 320
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby XxStrong1xX » October 12th, 2018, 3:01 pm

Just wanted to confirm that they are still able to be completed if you activated them. :)
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 20088
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby HooCairs » October 17th, 2018, 6:16 am

I wonder how many people hunt our new animal?

I for my part believe the lynx to be way too much work. Was in Hemmeldal yesterday and followed one, never saw it. Then had a call from another. Set up the e-caller and waited. After it never showed up, went to check the place where it had called from. Found fleeing tracks about 100m away. Just the challenge I am looking for. :?
User avatar
MaxVe
Scout
Posts: 321
Joined: February 17th, 2014, 11:23 am
Location: Milano Italy

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby MaxVe » October 17th, 2018, 6:40 am

Also because i think it's the only animal or almost that can give you a little point of HS or am i wrong?
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6987
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby Tod1d » October 17th, 2018, 8:29 am

From my experience they are spooking at about 80m, even with the winter forest camo.
They did say they would be "rare" & "skittish". Skittish for sure, but I'd argue the "rare" part since people are shooting more than one in a hunt.
Stalking them is surely not an experience for the meek or impatient hunter.
Image
"It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 20088
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby HooCairs » October 17th, 2018, 9:03 am

Tod1d wrote:From my experience they are spooking at about 80m, even with the winter forest camo.

That would explain it. I was wearing winter camo as usual in the Hemm reserve and was also crouching at all times.
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6987
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby Tod1d » October 17th, 2018, 9:11 am

HooCairs wrote:
Tod1d wrote:From my experience they are spooking at about 80m, even with the winter forest camo.

That would explain it. I was wearing winter camo as usual in the Hemm reserve and was also crouching at all times.

I was able to get as close as 60m crawling/prone. I also deployed / dismantled the e-Caller many times at those distances, and the lynx did not spook. (see About the E-caller's spooking effect .)
Image
"It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 20088
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby HooCairs » October 17th, 2018, 11:51 am

Tod1d wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Tod1d wrote:From my experience they are spooking at about 80m, even with the winter forest camo.

That would explain it. I was wearing winter camo as usual in the Hemm reserve and was also crouching at all times.

I was able to get as close as 60m crawling/prone. I also deployed / dismantled the e-Caller many times at those distances, and the lynx did not spook. (see About the E-caller's spooking effect .)

The first lynx I followed that I mentioned above was actually one that had called about 200m out. I moved in a bit, set up an e-caller and waited a looong time. It never came. After checking it didn't come and then spook or something, it just never bothered coming closer.
User avatar
ronMctube
Chat Logger
Posts: 15606
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Postby ronMctube » October 17th, 2018, 4:11 pm

think your best just putting a tent in a lynx area. spawning in track one use the ecaller. what i noticed is hunting them static sometimes ones that call dont even come in.so stay moving around then place ecaller.

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jim1975, lefrog52, Oswald74 and 1 guest