Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Community Lynx Thread- Tips, Help and Screen Shots

Post by Pittie »

I just wonder about why nearly all animals are set to the west side of Hemmeldal. The east side is nearly empty. The lynx was the chance to fill the map more spread.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The Lynx and the Bobcats behavior is practically the same in the way they can be lured into close range of you.
Using the E-caller and Predator call in conjunction together as like using them with the Bobcats works pretty much the same.
Turning the E-caller on for awhile then shutting it off to use the Predator call can get the Lynx/Bobcats to come to you at a faster rate
thus revealing a faster moving animal for your eye to detect. When a lynx does come in to a call after using the Predator call after you turned off the E-caller they will
not spook as readily and will give you more ample time around your stand as if the E-caller is still on when they get close they will spook when they find the e-caller.
The lynx's natural camouflage blends with the textures of Hemm really well and at my age my eyesight is not as acute as it used to be detecting still objects or really
slow moving objects, especially in a video game,.. I got to admit EW made this animal purrrrrrrrfect with its fur and this map. I can pick them up pretty easy in the really
open areas at long distances but it's seldom that I spot them all the time when they are in the forests, brush, bumpy or rocky spots at further distances.
They are really good at sneaking up to your stand without sometimes you noticing them doing that.
Just using the Predator caller will not draw in every Lynx unless you just happen to have a randomly good day when they are lured by it every time you use it.
Using the E-caller also is not 100% with every Lynx out there to get them to come to your stand for whatever reason that might arise, as if you spooked a bear or Roe deer while
getting on the stand and they ran in a lynx's direction that you didn't even know was present.
The lynx spooks pretty easy and will run a pretty good distance away from you, and when following/tracking them even when getting closer and being prone and trying to be as
quiet as the game allows you and then using the e-caller and they don't come to the call, and when picking up the track again find that they spooked because you got to close to them.
They're tricky but you can draw them back into you if you hear them calling again and begin the calling process all over or you may even accidently call in another lynx you didn't
realize was within attraction range while you're doing that.
Good luck with the Lynx,..
Last edited by gas56 on September 14th, 2018, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Pittie wrote:I just wonder about why nearly all animals are set to the west side of Hemmeldal. The east side is nearly empty. The lynx was the chance to fill the map more spread.
Because when you hunt them or track them on the west side the animals got plenty of room to flee and run on the east side,
especially if you're me.......... :lol:

Well the complete west side has a lot of Ptarmigans and it looks like the Lynx has the same spawning spots........... ;)
Yesterday I finally hunted the upper west side and found some lynx there,.. but I found a hell of a lot of Ptarmigans also and
arrowed a couple that were on the ground just for the fun of it................ :lol:

The best reason though IMO is with random spawning spots the maps seem to acquisition places where they tend to spawn most times.
As long as the map works good it's better to leave it alone and let the player adjust to where they find the animals on it.
I like it that way because I know where the animals will be just like IRL when I go hunting.
Spawning all over the place and different each hunt makes it very hard to know where the animals will be,...
and that's what would make it hard when you have to change and learn the new spots that are spawned.
You have to learn them all over again even though you learned once on them which should have been enough time learning them the first time around.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Ravenousfox wrote:E-caller 220m attract range.
Scent spray 150m.
Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller 100m.
Least with the scent spray you don't have to put up with the annoying E-caller sound loop of the Lynx calls.
The Predator caller only works out to 100m? I thought all callers worked out to 220m.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:The Predator caller only works out to 100m? I thought all callers worked out to 220m.
Cats are an exception here. The predator caller works out to 100m, the e-caller out to 220 meters (as far as I know).
Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Oh, ok, so that's why none of the cats I was calling yesterday came in. Wow alright then, hahahah.. Another Attempt, here I come! :lol:

Thanks Tann!

(this also explains why I don't seem to have a whole lot of luck with the bobcats either, hahahah!)
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

I'm beginning to think i found a HOT SPOT. If you start at "orms stone", in the bottom south of the map (i have a tent there). Then go almost due west 288 m. there's a narrow valley you look down on. In the tree-line on top of the valley, i have a treestand. in that area i've seen tracks and heard calls. In 2 different hunts, i harvest 2 lynx (pr hunt) there, in rather short time. First time i got 2 lynx (1 male and 1 female) in 49 min. of hunting. Second time i got 2 females in about 20-30 min. of hunting. So i believe it's pretty good spot
Hunting is living
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Got my first two lynx today with the help of the scent spray. Had to stalk them for a while until I got a growl and could pinpoint their position. Then it was all just spray and wait. I also discovered that the lynx just like the bobcat does indeed make "meow" calls that the huntermate cannot register. Quite useful, but didn't TK say that they weren't supposed to do that?

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Villkatta wrote:Got my first two lynx today with the help of the scent spray. Had to stalk them for a while until I got a growl and could pinpoint their position. Then it was all just spray and wait. I also discovered that the lynx just like the bobcat does indeed make "meow" calls that the huntermate cannot register. Quite useful, but didn't TK say that they weren't supposed to do that?
He did but maybe didn't understand my question. TK has corrected this in the meantime.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p950970
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

HooCairs wrote:
Villkatta wrote:Got my first two lynx today with the help of the scent spray. Had to stalk them for a while until I got a growl and could pinpoint their position. Then it was all just spray and wait. I also discovered that the lynx just like the bobcat does indeed make "meow" calls that the huntermate cannot register. Quite useful, but didn't TK say that they weren't supposed to do that?
He did but maybe didn't understand my question. TK has corrected this in the meantime.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p950970
Ok,thx Hoo!

Return to “General Chat”