A Vehicle for theHunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by caledonianblues »

ElusiveShadow wrote:I'm actually a smidge confused as to why there is speculation on what the vehicle is. Surely it will just be the same as in COTW? I find it hard to believe they will do something radically different.

I know people are curious etc it just seems highly likely to me that it will be the COTW quad bike/atv.
Based on the screenshot provided in the last update, my view is that it's not a quad/ATV. It would make sense to re-use assets but I don't think that's the case here.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

it could be a landrover/jeep style vehicle looking at the wheel arch.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I could almost live with this... :idea: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dnalur
Spotter

Post by Dnalur »

With the latest news break and reading through comments here I'm just going to put in my opinion.

To me, it looks like a UTV, something similar to a Kawasaki Mule from a few years ago. Or possible similar to the John Deere Gator. If they managed to procure some sponsor money from any UTV manufacturer and put it in game that is great. I'd gladly fork over some EM for a UTV and if they added GM/EM needed to purchase fuel that is fine also....IF the UTV can carry a LOT of equipment so a hunter can decide what they want to hunt in the area they are at. It would also be great if a cover came with it so once parked it stopped spooking anything nearby.

Speaking of spooking game, IRL our ATV and UTV we use around our homestead farm and the neighbors, along with going through the woods doesn't spook game as bad as a guy thinks. I've easily driven within a hundred meters of a WT and they just stare at you. If the wild game are use to farm equipment, ATV's and other vehicles, then they will be used to the noise and movement. Now, that said, if it is a hunting area way away from human activity then yes a UTV crashing through a trail will scare the local game pretty easy.

So hopefully there is a new reserve coming to complement it, possibly something midwestern US with farms and large fields, little woods, to make it feel like a well traveled human area. Settlers Creek comes to mind first with some tweaking. I do hope though that we are able to drive it on the roads of any reserve. Especially in MP games where the host can have one and transport players where they want to go. Would make for some fun hunting with people who need assistance.

Regardless, I'm excited for the addition to the game and will happily spend some bucks on whatever is released.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

That shot says side by side to me~ but why would we need lights? We going to get nighttime hunting too? spotlighting cats would be fun.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Don't need lights, but surely do need a "dog box". How else would we carry our four legged friends and hunting partner.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

INTIMID883R wrote:Don't need lights, but surely do need a "dog box". How else would we carry our four legged friends and hunting partner.
I agree, but think the same could be said for the avatar when you are carrying 2rifles + handgun, you avatar never show all the weapons he is carrying, graphic limitations i guess. Now from that screenshots it look like a quad, but the pov is a little off center, that may be due the shaking while driving, or that is a screenshot taken from a passenger side, and is a vehicle similar to a quad but with 2 seats.
Last edited by VonStratos on October 3rd, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

VonStratos wrote:the pov is a little of center
I think the POV is also high, as if its over the roof.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Giuh wrote:Image
At first I thought this looks like a guide on his safari jeep looking down over his knees... :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”