A Vehicle for theHunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by TheSheWolf »

The small ones can be pretty lightweight, about 20lbs. --I stand corrected; specially-made ones for hunting weigh as little as 4 lbs.-- As for rivers--I did mention these things can go over VERY shallow water. As a list:

- Shores: Piccabean, Whiteheart, Logger's Point, Settler Creeks, Redfeather Falls, Rougarou, Bushranger's, Whiterime.
- Rivers: Redfeather Falls (TONS of water), Hirschfelden (has a nice, deep river), Rougarou (all those swamps too!), Val des Bois, TgT and Piccabean.

It could easily be that for weight limits, the things can just have some special explanation as to why you can carry them + other stuff. Anyone who's been kayaking knows how easy it is to travel with very lightweight watercraft, though portaging them around is still irritating :D But if you just do like... running speed or double, with only the spook range of walking, it'd be perfect. They're fairly soundless, swift over water and very fun to navigate with. It could be a great way to quickly move between areas, to cross Piccabean's too-deep-waters to get across, or just paddle through the swamps of Piccabean or Rougarou watching for prey. Lots of potential fun, imo.

That idea is not however in -lieu- of a horse. I'd also love a horse. It'd just be in addition to.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Canoes can take you down the creeks and rivers, across lakes, through the swamps, and come in inflatable types.
When you're around water click on it just like a tent works and there you have your canoe sitting at the bank waiting for
you to hunt down the river, or along the banks of a big lake. Maybe you would have to carry a small portable compressor
along with you that inflates it within a minute. I'm sure there are a thousand ideas that would make a transport work whatever it may
end up being in the Hunter.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

boats could be cool if done right they have been suggested for ten years ! :lol:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... boat#p1139

crazy when you think about it. :D
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I think it's going to be a small, electric vehicle. If so, I believe this "hunting simulator"(i.e. the most realistic video hunting game ever created), will have jumped the shark. How many of you actual hunters have ever(or have ever seen or heard of) other hunters using such a vehicle for the purpose of hunting? I think I know the answer, but still interested to know. Thanks.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

J_Birdman wrote:I think it's going to be a small, electric vehicle. If so, I believe this "hunting simulator"(i.e. the most realistic video hunting game ever created), will have jumped the shark. How many of you actual hunters have ever(or have ever seen or heard of) other hunters using such a vehicle for the purpose of hunting? I think I know the answer, but still interested to know. Thanks.
I have to say, battery tech has really come a long way. It's making its way into motocross bikes albeit still in its infancy but eventually? who knows. I could see it fit to some extent in ATV's, just a lot easier to stuff power cells all over it. I highly doubt we'd see electric but it is Europe so a totally different line of thought for the rest of the globe.

I could dig a canoe but that's about it- The more it's discussed and ideas thrown around, Man I'm just not anticipating this with a whole lot of enthusiasm. The whole animal locator dog thing really turned me off and the way they built around them soured me a lot which is why I'm not buying one. They did it all wrong and backwards to reality so me faith be waning as to getting this one right.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: J_Birdman ... To answer your Q ... Never did i use or seen other hunters use any of the vehicles you've mentioned .
Hunted irl for over 20 years and with really great hunters . All was done the old fashion way .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

If it is a silent vehicle it could be one of these:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Would love to see those in Primal!

Yabba Dabba Doo! :)
Image Image Image
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

J_Birdman wrote:How many of you actual hunters have ever(or have ever seen or heard of) other hunters using such a vehicle for the purpose of hunting? I think I know the answer, but still interested to know. Thanks.
I'v heard of the use of motorized vehicles in hunting only in Australia and America when hunting "pests" mainly hogs. Where I hunt, it's a big crime to use any motorized vehicles to aid the hunting in any way. You do that, you lose your weapon, vehicle, license to hunt and ontop of that you need to pay fines. The only allowed time to use motorized vehicles in hunting is on certain areas when finishing a wounded animal. ;)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Andhii wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:How many of you actual hunters have ever(or have ever seen or heard of) other hunters using such a vehicle for the purpose of hunting? I think I know the answer, but still interested to know. Thanks.
I'v heard of the use of motorized vehicles in hunting only in Australia and America when hunting "pests" mainly hogs. Where I hunt, it's a big crime to use any motorized vehicles to aid the hunting in any way. You do that, you lose your weapon, vehicle, license to hunt and ontop of that you need to pay fines. The only allowed time to use motorized vehicles in hunting is on certain areas when finishing a wounded animal. ;)
Yeah we use them in NZ for transport into a location, and for spotlighting pests at night. We also use a lot of helicopters 8-)

Return to “General Chat”