A Vehicle for theHunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jagdreviermeister

Re: A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by Jagdreviermeister »

ronMctube wrote:when you start thinking about vehicles though with spooking for eg. its a nightmare. for eg if its electric . sound penalty.electric is pretty silent.how silent ? if its as loud as say running then you can go faster possibly than a person with the same penalty so its a benefit for buying a vehicle.if it is louder and spooks animals then why would you use it ? as you would just use tents . this is a really interesting addition could turn gameplay on its head. either way.
I think it will only be an interesting feature for the big maps such as WRR, Timbergold and maybe RFF. All the other maps are easily to pass through by walking. I see a use for it only in the need of arriving at a specific spot in a far distance as fast as possible.

We know it will have wheels. This raises the question: What the heck am I supposed to do with a wheeled vehicle in WRR? So it must fit to all reserves or at least allow applications such as spikes. I am also pretty much interested in how you will manage the spooking. EW: Will it be like running while wearing the ghillie clothing? Or even worse? Without spoiling too much you could maybe give us some edge information pls. The guessing will go on either way. ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Jagdreviermeister wrote:
ronMctube wrote:when you start thinking about vehicles though with spooking for eg. its a nightmare. for eg if its electric . sound penalty.electric is pretty silent.how silent ? if its as loud as say running then you can go faster possibly than a person with the same penalty so its a benefit for buying a vehicle.if it is louder and spooks animals then why would you use it ? as you would just use tents . this is a really interesting addition could turn gameplay on its head. either way.
I think it will only be an interesting feature for the big maps such as WRR, Timbergold and maybe RFF. All the other maps are easily to pass through by walking. I see a use for it only in the need of arriving at a specific spot in a far distance as fast as possible.

We know it will have wheels. This raises the question: What the heck am I supposed to do with a wheeled vehicle in WRR? So it must fit to all reserves or at least allow applications such as spikes. I am also pretty much interested in how you will manage the spooking. EW: Will it be like running while wearing the ghillie clothing? Or even worse? Without spoiling too much you could maybe give us some edge information pls. The guessing will go on either way. ;)
I don't see implementing a transport as being a problem.

1. Single Player.......option to buy and use it
2. Multi-Player........option to use on Host's game, transport will be checked on Options for all players to see.
3. Advantage..........just where you don't have to wait on a time limit penalty when Fast Traveling, maybe there will be a time limit penalty also in conjunction when using the transport and
want to fast travel ?
I guess we will have to wait to find all this out whatever it is.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

without knowing the ins and outs. its a bit silly to debate about a vehicles use but we all interested so natural to specualate.

speed to cover land is the main reason . also maybe carrying loads/ space. now as to number 3 no fast travelling penalty. there obviously will be a sound penalty of somekind has to be or its pay to win.as its obviously going to be faster than walking or running or there isnt much reason to buy it . the game balance to not make it a pay to win item will be very interesting. the thing is with tents being a instant where ever you want its hard to beat just having a tent. the only time this isnt a winner is the first time placing it. which...would be a decent reason for having a vehicle to put up your set ups.

if we using vehicles and mainly on larger maps. like timber gold wrr if you think about it you can get round the fast travel limit easily. it may not be liked but people do use it.this makes even less advantage of a vehicle.logically youd think its would be something like a ATV but i just cant see it being that simple especially with the sound penalty from any normal vehicle. as said really interested in what it will be and how it will function.
Jagdreviermeister

Post by Jagdreviermeister »

gas56 wrote:I don't see implementing a transport as being a problem.
Me neither. I was not asking for the "if" but for the "how". The vehicle has to be faster than running speed if it shall become interesting for the player, by not spooking everything in a 300m radius at the same time. Maybe additional penaly isn't necessary if the vehicle is silent enough and not too fast. Maybe 2 times the speed of running idk. That's still pretty fast. And ideally it should be suitable for all reserves. I hope for a mountain bike with attachable spikes for WRR. But I'm open minded and just let myself surprise now. :D
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:without knowing the ins and outs. its a bit silly to debate about a vehicles use but we all interested so natural to specualate.

speed to cover land is the main reason . also maybe carrying loads/ space. now as to number 3 no fast travelling penalty. there obviously will be a sound penalty of somekind has to be or its pay to win.as its obviously going to be faster than walking or running or there isnt much reason to buy it . the game balance to not make it a pay to win item will be very interesting. the thing is with tents being a instant where ever you want its hard to beat just having a tent. the only time this isnt a winner is the first time placing it. which...would be a decent reason for having a vehicle to put up your set ups.

if we using vehicles and mainly on larger maps. like timber gold wrr if you think about it you can get round the fast travel limit easily. it may not be liked but people do use it.this makes even less advantage of a vehicle.logically youd think its would be something like a ATV but i just cant see it being that simple especially with the sound penalty from any normal vehicle. as said really interested in what it will be and how it will function.
The only single problem with tents for myself also is if I FT to a tent or a place that I hunt then find that many animals aren't there then if I want to FT again I can't until the remaining time penalty runs out.
I, like everyone else has a few favorite spawn spots (tent setups/where animals are) on the maps when looking for animals thus getting to them in a quick & timely manner is a better choice IMO.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:the only time this isnt a winner is the first time placing it. which...would be a decent reason for having a vehicle to put up your set ups.
I'm of the same opinion. The use of a vehicle such as an ATV, to set up a reserve initially, might be pretty helpful. However, would it be worth the cost? Obviously we have no idea how much the new vehicle will cost, but I can't imagine any vehicle being cheap to develop. It's all speculation at this stage, but if it has wheels there's a good chance, unless it's a push bike, that it will come wit a fairly high price tag.

But otherwise, finding a balance where the vehicle has value without breaking all other elements of gameplay, could be a challenge. It could easily become pay to win, or a hugely expensive waste of space. I hope neither ends up being true, and that it's a useful addition.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

So we know now that's definetely a 3-4 wheeler off-road vehicle. An atv? A sxs utv?
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

We know its not a horse. But my guess is in something with 2 seat, like a utv.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I'm actually a smidge confused as to why there is speculation on what the vehicle is. Surely it will just be the same as in COTW? I find it hard to believe they will do something radically different.

I know people are curious etc it just seems highly likely to me that it will be the COTW quad bike/atv.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.

Return to “General Chat”