A Vehicle for theHunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Brewmeister

A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by Brewmeister »

Hey, did you see this on Facebook / Instagram?
Ask a Dev!

Today’s question comes from filip_9_, who asked on Instagram "Can we get new vehicle’s?”

This question will be answered by our Game Designer, Patrick, here is his reply!

“That is a ‘Wheely’ good question and the timing could not be better! We are actually currently working on a new form of transport in the game, sadly at this stage I cannot tell you more. But there will be more details coming out very soon, thanks for the question!”

If you have a question you would like answered, simply leave it in the comments below and it might get selected for next weeks question!
I can't see why we'd need a vehicle with tents, lodges, campsites, etc... But it could be interesting. Maybe an indicator of a larger reserve in the future??? ;) :D
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: A Vehicle for theHunter?

Post by SoftShoe »

I'm old, I dont facebook, instagram, twit, tweet or twitter.

I cant imagine this pertains to Classic though. "New vehicles" implies there are existing vehicles which Classic does not have.

What I would give real money for is horses in the game, Classic or CoTW. I would love to hunt from horseback again even if it is only virtually.

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I've never really liked the idea of vehicles in the game, but I'd be interested and willing to give it a fair chance. Like Brewmeister, I hope that a vehicle would indicate a new, really big reserve. We can hope can't we?

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Some sort of transport would really fill in the time after fast travel and trying to get to the next spot but have to wait before you can fast travel again until the remaining time penalty expires. That would be a big plus for the gameplay without waiting. (edited with Amazon Firestick Remote)
Last edited by gas56 on September 4th, 2018, 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Game engine limitations aside, from a graphics standpoint I would think given current CPU & GPU speeds they could pump a ton of content into the game without a significant performance hit. Then again making a new LARGE map would be colossal undertaking from just a testing standpoint alone. I dont really see that happening unfortunately.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Vehicle? New type of transport- perhaps if it were 'transportation' I'd assume vehicle of some sort, but new way of transport- well if anything I vote for Kayaks and canoes... ;) :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

My guess would be horses, but I’m open for anything.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

I have zero interest in a motorized vehicle, but I would be compelled by forces beyond my control to purchase a horse. The horse is one of the features I miss most about TH2003.

If they made a horse for Classic that could jump small obstacles and that you could shoot off of... oh my god.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

007aln wrote:I have zero interest in a motorized vehicle, but I would be compelled by forces beyond my control to purchase a horse. The horse is one of the features I miss most about TH2003.

If they made a horse for Classic that could jump small obstacles and that you could shoot off of... oh my god.

Completely agree, i played TH04/05 too and the bike was kind of useless because is noisy, but a horse fit much better in a game like The Hunter, but are we sure Patrick was talking about Classic?and if so it said transportation, maybe we will get something similar to fast travel, but where we don't need tents, still a horse would be great for immersion and just to travel in the big reserves like TgT and WRR, boats are another nice idea, lets wait and see.

And of course... gentlemen start your wallets.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I've made my opinion known but will restate it- I'd do a canoe! and actually, a horse isn't a bad idea but mechanized? not seeing it, at least not for the reserves we have now outside of TGT and PB, which would be awesome for a canoe! The rest of the reserves you'd have to be able to shoot from a horse because there's really no point in a quad for example. But a canoe? man, how great would that be on TGT or PB? I know the damn FT will eat you alive in camping supplies on those 2.

Can you imagine just riding a horse around on Timbergold? THat would be freaking coolio to explore more of that place because it is huge.

I would tend to believe what Shoe said about misunderstanding between Classic a COTW - But if this is true, and it is for Classic, the lights are staying on for now. From that point alone I hope it is Classic.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”