What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty!

Post by Threwlys »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Threwlys wrote:IF ANYBODY HAS GOOD LOCATIONS TO PLACE TENTS, TREESTANDS, DEPLOYABLE HUNT TOWERS, ETC., PLEASE LET ME NOW. GIVE ME THE X-Y COODINATES. I'll try all. Thanks in advance.
Here's my setup: http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/myreserve/?cod ... FPJMBAFDGN

Not all of those stands and stuff have proved to be really productive though. There are ideas to move or remove some of the stuff, but I haven't found the time yet.

Very interesting. Thank you very much. I'll try everything to see what works for me.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Here's my setup: http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/myreserve/?cod ... FPJMBAFDGN
Not all of those stands and stuff have proved to be really productive though. There are ideas to move or remove some of the stuff, but I haven't found the time yet.
Here needs to understand each other, otherwise it is useless to write, the setups have nothing to do with it. When I started playng this game, I didnt know almost anything about it, I was completely inexperienced and I didnt have any setup, I was a rookie nevertheless I was hunting much more than now that I've experience and many setups. The truth is only one for those with eyes to see, the situation of the EHR has changed for the worse. This is it, right here.
Last edited by 1Al on August 27th, 2018, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I guess that Extended Render Range and the introduction of new species (looking at you, ptarmigans and cats) might have changed the outcome and success of certain hunting styles, but if Mat says that the spawn numbers haven't changed significantly, I do believe him!
Image Image Image
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I guess that Extended Render Range and the introduction of new species (looking at you, ptarmigans and cats) might have changed the outcome and success of certain hunting styles, but if Mat says that the spawn numbers haven't changed significantly, I do believe him!
With any hunting style. With all due respect to Mat, I only believe in what my eyes see.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

1Al wrote:With any hunting style. With all due respect to Mat, I only believe in what my eyes see.
I respect your opinion, but 90% of your hunts in the last 12 months have been on TGT. Are you sure that it's reasonable to generalize those experiences and call them "the truth"? This thread is about WHI and you haven't been there for a year or so...
Image Image Image
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:With any hunting style. With all due respect to Mat, I only believe in what my eyes see.
I respect your opinion, but 90% of your hunts in the last 12 months have been on TGT. Are you sure that it's reasonable to generalize those experiences and call them "the truth"? This thread is about WHI and you haven't been there for a year or so...
TT for sure, but also in another reserves the situation got worse than in the past. Bat by the title itself of this post, sounds like someone else has noticed some worse in the game. I'd say that the general disaster of this game, coincided with the release of Piccabeen Bay.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

1Al wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
TT for sure, but also in another reserves the situation got worse than in the past. Bat by the title itself of this post, sounds like someone else has noticed some worse in the game. I'd say that the general disaster of this game, coincided with the release of Piccabeen Bay.
I can tell u what the Problem with TGT is. Has nothing to do with any sort Animal Population manipulations or less Animals in general. U can Pretty much go to every Reserve and find dozens of Animals and have a blast - ofc finding a good Trophy is something else … but TGT ... They ruined the map with a stupid Addition and havent even bothered to fix it since they made the genius implementations.
TGT is a mess and i can tell u why and when it all started - but it wasnt with the Piccabean release. This problem started with the introduction of Bobcats and the "super" system they implemented with them ( which in their words if i remember correct should haven been there before but just didnt work ... lololol ). With the release of Bobcats in the game they implemented the predator mechanic which causes Deer/Elk species to flee if any of the predator animals are close. Before Bobcats u would only see this behaviour with Wolfs and Elk. After they introduced them u can now see Deer and Elk spook from Bears too.
U wont notice this on other reserves were u mainly have only the Bobcat or one other Predator roaming. Sometimes u see a Deer freakout but not that much of an issue. In most of the Reserves that feature one of those Predator Animals it isnt as noticable cause the Animals mostly roam in certain Areas where u always find the species. Like the northern River in VDB that is infested with Bears or the Coastline of WRR that has Polar Bear.

But TGT has a huge Problem. Even before the System got implemented it was one of the Reserves were all the Animals could be literally all over the Place. This made it super fun before the changes cause u could go out anywhere and had good success on everything ( except Sheep and Ratflys cause ofc are only up north in the Mountains compared to the other Species ) but this is also the reason the map had its huge downfall after that point.

Let me go a Little bit deeper. After late summer last year people have complained more and more about Wolf chasing getting out of hand and there being way to much of them on the Map. I remember reading it a lot of times in the Forum here in different topics. Elk hunting could end up a mess more often then u wanted it to be. Now adding the new System it made everything even worse ! U now have a giant population of Wolfs not only spooking Elk everywhere on the map but also spooking the Deer - add a good population of Grizzlys on top of that , that also now spook Elk and Deer and are also pretty much Walking all over the entire map and this whole place has become an absolute Clown Fiesta with spook chain reactions from hell. The aggresive Wolf chasing on top of that, that makes them roam big Areas Pretty fast in some situations leaving behind nothing but nervous Animals and absolute chaos. Two populations of Predator Animals in good Numbers seem to have been enough to ruin the entire Map ( except the Northern Mountains … bot no one goes there anyway - that is Ratland :D ) . I went for a hunt there today in my Treestand that was once the pinnacle for Stand Hunting on that map. I had one Bear and one Wolf around the Stand that just refused to leave and spooked away every single Animal that came close. Making it nearly impossible to hunt with a Bow and make safe shots from my stand.
I have said this in more then one topic now. But the current state TGT is in is absolutely horrible compared to the awesome beast of a map it was before. I practically lived there for weeks on end last summer and hunted hundreds of Mule Deer and Elk there. I had a huge Setup and loved it. Since the Predator Mechanic got introduced it never was as good as it was before. I try it every now and then but i always end up getting ***** cause it feels like Arkham Asylum now.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

D3AKUs wrote:
1Al wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: I respect your opinion, but 90% of your hunts in the last 12 months have been on TGT. Are you sure that it's reasonable to generalize those experiences and call them "the truth"? This thread is about WHI and you haven't been there for a year or so...
I can tell u what the Problem with TGT is. Has nothing to do with any sort Animal Population manipulations or less Animals in general. U can Pretty much go to every Reserve and find dozens of Animals and have a blast - ofc finding a good Trophy is something else … but TGT ... They ruined the map with a stupid Addition and havent even bothered to fix it since they made the genius implementations.
TGT is a mess and i can tell u why and when it all started - but it wasnt with the Piccabean release. This problem started with the introduction of Bobcats and the "super" system they implemented with them ( which in their words if i remember correct should haven been there before but just didnt work ... lololol ). With the release of Bobcats in the game they implemented the predator mechanic which causes Deer/Elk species to flee if any of the predator animals are close. Before Bobcats u would only see this behaviour with Wolfs and Elk. After they introduced them u can now see Deer and Elk spook from Bears too.
U wont notice this on other reserves were u mainly have only the Bobcat or one other Predator roaming. Sometimes u see a Deer freakout but not that much of an issue. In most of the Reserves that feature one of those Predator Animals it isnt as noticable cause the Animals mostly roam in certain Areas where u always find the species. Like the northern River in VDB that is infested with Bears or the Coastline of WRR that has Polar Bear.

But TGT has a huge Problem. Even before the System got implemented it was one of the Reserves were all the Animals could be literally all over the Place. This made it super fun before the changes cause u could go out anywhere and had good success on everything ( except Sheep and Ratflys cause ofc are only up north in the Mountains compared to the other Species ) but this is also the reason the map had its huge downfall after that point.

Let me go a Little bit deeper. After late summer last year people have complained more and more about Wolf chasing getting out of hand and there being way to much of them on the Map. I remember reading it a lot of times in the Forum here in different topics. Elk hunting could end up a mess more often then u wanted it to be. Now adding the new System it made everything even worse ! U now have a giant population of Wolfs not only spooking Elk everywhere on the map but also spooking the Deer - add a good population of Grizzlys on top of that , that also now spook Elk and Deer and are also pretty much Walking all over the entire map and this whole place has become an absolute Clown Fiesta with spook chain reactions from hell. The aggresive Wolf chasing on top of that, that makes them roam big Areas Pretty fast in some situations leaving behind nothing but nervous Animals and absolute chaos. Two populations of Predator Animals in good Numbers seem to have been enough to ruin the entire Map ( except the Northern Mountains … bot no one goes there anyway - that is Ratland :D ) . I went for a hunt there today in my Treestand that was once the pinnacle for Stand Hunting on that map. I had one Bear and one Wolf around the Stand that just refused to leave and spooked away every single Animal that came close. Making it nearly impossible to hunt with a Bow and make safe shots from my stand.
I have said this in more then one topic now. But the current state TGT is in is absolutely horrible compared to the awesome beast of a map it was before. I practically lived there for weeks on end last summer and hunted hundreds of Mule Deer and Elk there. I had a huge Setup and loved it. Since the Predator Mechanic got introduced it never was as good as it was before. I try it every now and then but i always end up getting ***** cause it feels like Arkham Asylum now.
I couldn't agree more!!!!!! Before the wolves TgT was glorious I had it full of large equipment! Fast forward to today I have two tents there. One up top for sheep and another in the center of the map.
I can't really comment on WHI as I have not hunted it much in a long while but when I did it was the best reserve in the EHR! IMO. I just got bored with it.
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Re: What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

Post by Mills »

I wonder if the OP realized the can of worms they'd be opening up with this thread... lol :D
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

D3AKUs wrote:
1Al wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: I respect your opinion, but 90% of your hunts in the last 12 months have been on TGT. Are you sure that it's reasonable to generalize those experiences and call them "the truth"? This thread is about WHI and you haven't been there for a year or so...
I still have a good time on TGT and am not sure that predator chasing ruins it, but I will throw in my vote for excessive wolves on that map. Like holy hell wolves everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if there are as many wolves as there are elk!! I know the idea is to have large populations of a few species on each map so that you can target a specific species more easily but I really don't like that system. I think elk and muley populations are fine but would way rather have fewer wolves per map in a greater number of maps (like WRR, RFF, maybe Hemmeldal - areas they would naturally occur), and have small populations of other Rocky Mountain species in TGT, like black bear, whitetail, moose and/or bison.

It A) is just unnatural to be in a Rockies map and see 0 black bears but find wolf pack around every bend and B) would be way more exciting (to me) if there was more variety than just 4 species in the lowland areas.

Return to “General Chat”