What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

Post by Threwlys »

Sorry, guys, but after very long time trying to hunting there, i have to get something off my chest: i simply hate Whitehart Island!

What a waste of the great talent of the devs. Is huge, ugly and empty. No other reserve is like that in a level so high.

Yes, i tried everything, i tried everything in different hours, in different places. I tried all the official spawn points and another places. Crouch or prone, nothing changed.

I'm done with this reserve. The only way to go back there is through competitions.

My head is heavy after so many frustrating hours of pratically no animals (just walking, walking, walking and finding some awful and sad females).

It was supposed to relax me, not get me so angry.

Sorry again.

If anyone has some advices to change my mind, feel free to tell me, but i doubt it will work.
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 22nd, 2018, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title
Mills
Outfitter

Re: What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty!

Post by Mills »

In case you weren't aware, Whitehart Island was the first reserve in theHunter. It originally only had mule deer on it. Oh how times have changed! The people who created that reserve are either not around anymore or moved onto other projects.
When I want to hunt coyotes, turkeys, and whitetails Whitehart is my go to. Plenty of great hunts on that reserve.

If you're looking for whitetails wander around the southern island going from stand to stand and listening for calls or looking for tracks. Plenty of bucks!

Coyotes too are prevalent on the southern island but more on the northern half of the southern island, but can be found around the big lake in the middle of the northern island.

Turkeys are scattered around the northern island but mainly congregate around the middle in some of the more open fields.

If you're looking for elk try the northern half of the northern island and northern half of southern island.

Blacktails are mainly on the northern half of the northern island.

Gotta say, Whitehart does need patience sometimes, but if you have all the necessary callers/stands/decoys/etc. and the proper techniques you can easily pull off a 2 hour 20+ animal hunt. I'm sure there's plenty of others who can lend some expertise on the matter.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Threwlys wrote:If anyone has some advices to change my mind, feel free to tell me, but i doubt it will work.
Maybe a few videos that may help? I still find WH a great place to hunt. Try the southern lodge and keep north of it, or around the big lake on the northern island.

Snakebite Power from the Tower - 24 Kills in 90 Minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQCpZoSjNaE

Causeway Blacktail Hunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osGWAYApKJc

Southcliff Whitetail Hunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1-B2rcThg

Bow Hunting with the Pulsar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_YBjnqEjg4

Let's Hunt TURKEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2NQVwhsoHk

7.62x54R vs. Elk/Whitetail/Coyote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeRZ9BFykc
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Whitehart is one of my favorite reserves, especially for turkey.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Man when i was reading the title i was sure it was about Bushranger Run, now WH, i think you had a case of bad hunts, it happens sometimes that no matter what you try you always end finding nothing of worth, but imho WH is one of the more overpopulated reserves, now that is not the same as say you will find good bucks or trophy animals around easily, but is hard not find at least a turkey or a yote, and whites are always around the towers in the south, something you need to consider is that bobcats roam in that reserve, and they can see you far before you to them, and they can scare other animals and let you wondering where everyone is.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sounds like somebody is having some bad luck hunting WHI.
Maybe you should do the slow approach, turn up the headset and listen for clues, find tracks, and start filtering
the area with a fine tooth comb for any sign. Mark their positions on the Hunter Mate & Call the animals to you when you hear them.
Your luck will change when you learn the map better. Don't stop looking.
Find an experienced hunting partner to show you the ropes.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

not sure if you a pretty new player but to many vets its regarded as the best map in the game.i dont get unless new how you can struggle on it. many guides videos in the hundreds from people like me , hoocairs and others. kinda puzzled tbh.

all you need to do is go middle whitehart around meadows and towers.animals everywhere.south island of whitehart is teaming with animals.especially whitetail has probably the best concentration of whitetail than any other map per size of reserve.

read some of the fan guides.watch some of the videos. you will see what a good reserve it is.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

WHI is one of the best map in the game
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

I agree, sounds like bad luck. WH has a decent number of wt bucks on the south island, and some good action in the middle region of the north island (got a giant blacktail there once, 190-something). I have definitely had games with nothing but sad does though. It's certainly not my favorite; I like to hunt maps with bears.
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

The only empty part of Whitehart seems to me to be that expansion they made to the left of the South island.
Otherwise it is a great place to practise bow and caller.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”