What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty! [WHI]

Post by HooCairs »

A quick and dirty attempt for a WH animal heatmap. :?

Whether or not you like the map, go to the bright places! :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Map is right on Hoo! in fact I think that's an actual map and the blood seeped through and stained your map from all the killin possible :D ~

Sorry bro, WHI one of the BEST maps there is.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

When someone that joined recently say that the older reserve is ugly you cant really blame them, its true from a certain point of view, they come to the game and jump from the "humble" Loggers or WH into the bigger a newest TgT or WRR and notice the huge difference in size and game play possibilities, for those of us that were used to hunt in the good old reserves is not so "dramatic" the change because we were here seeing the new reserves and the improvements being implemented step by step. But this only bring to me to an obvious conclusion, the old reserves need some love from the devs, a rework, not in the animals, that's ok, but the size, the graphics, the environment, the game play possibilities like the tunnels of TgT... i would like a revamp of the old classic reserves more than a new one, or at least before a new one. Imagine a WH with the size of TgT, or a fused Loggers and Settlers, etc.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I've a stand on southern WH with a constant, and I do mean constant, influx of whitetails. I've bagged some HUGE bucks there, too. I got shot down for posting it without hunting it for months first but it hasn't failed me. If you want a shot of the exact location check here; it's 100% worth placing a stand and sitting for a bit calling.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 22#p929622
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TheSheWolf wrote:I've a stand on southern WH with a constant, and I do mean constant, influx of whitetails. I've bagged some HUGE bucks there, too. I got shot down for posting it without hunting it for months first but it hasn't failed me. If you want a shot of the exact location check here; it's 100% worth placing a stand and sitting for a bit calling.

that's a good spot. I have a place across the road down by the small pond - it's a go-to spot and like you, taken a lot of nice stuff out of there.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

TheSheWolf wrote:I've a stand on southern WH with a constant, and I do mean constant, influx of whitetails. I've bagged some HUGE bucks there, too. I got shot down for posting it without hunting it for months first but it hasn't failed me. If you want a shot of the exact location check here; it's 100% worth placing a stand and sitting for a bit calling.

Thanks for sharing this. I've just looked at yours and a few other examples in that thread and have re-positioned my Whitehart tents. Was long overdue; I remember droppin a few tents in random spots and would have to walk a ways to the prime locations. Now I can either start at the good spots, or fast travel.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Good luck with it! I prefer RFF just because I like the other animals on it, and the animal flow is a bit higher. But the Whitehart spot hasn't done me wrong yet.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Whitehart Island always was my favourite reserve. It is a little more challenging than the open ground of Redfeather and Logger's Point.
Hunting elk there always was a particularly enjoyable experience for me, add to that the fact that EW didn't cheap out on towers back then.
Add to that it's just plain scenic.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
stalker270

Post by stalker270 »

I have to disagree about Whitehart Island having no animals. About four days ago was the first time I hunted there and have spent the last few days walking through the woods on each island. I had calls shortly after leaving the lodge on each hunt. Wandering the woods while looking for places I might want a tent I found plenty of every species there. Most shots are pretty close range because of the terrain. as most of the animals I found were in the woods and not the fields. As of yet I haven't found any real big keeper, but have found numerous average size animals.
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: What a horrible reserve. Huge, ugly and empty!

Post by Threwlys »

Mountaineer wrote:Must have been a really bad run of spawns. WH is were I hunt 90% of the time I can play. I am usually getting calls and finding tracks as soon as I spawn in.
For all read here, i'm getting pretty convinced that this is exactly the problem: "Must have been a really bad run of spawns."

In fact, i started again over and over a great number of huntings to see if gets better and nothing improved.

For sure, a incredible bad luck in a long and bad sequence of spawns.

I'll give a try in a near future, as i said before, folowing the advice from the great HooCairs and going more to the southern lodge and in the middle of the northern part of the island. Of course, before that i'm going to study a few videos.

IF ANYBODY HAS GOOD LOCATIONS TO PLACE TENTS, TREESTANDS, DEPLOYABLE HUNT TOWERS, ETC., PLEASE LET ME NOW. GIVE ME THE X-Y COODINATES. I'll try all. Thanks in advance.

Return to “General Chat”