Help - Dall Sheep Kill [Unable to Harvest]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Help - Dall Sheep Kill [Unable to Harvest]

Post by sircaptgordo »

I just killed a Dall Sheep male with horns that look like a curly fry. I need it for the Competition and it won't let me Hutermate-it. This happened the other day also with a female, so it didn't natter, now it matters ………… ha.

I'm in the hunt and will keep trying and check back every minute or so.

thanks
g
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 20th, 2018, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title
BCKidd

Re: Help - Dall Sheep Kill

Post by BCKidd »

I hate when that happens. What has worked for me tho' in the past, is to go back to a few of the tracks that you didn't grab, and retrace your way back to the kill, collecting all the tracks. This worked for me with an Rocky Mnt Elk. It might work for you too, and I hope it does. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

I'll give it a try, thanks. I've been doing something like that. It seemed both times i was collecting a lot of tracks on the way to the kill. Also I made kills after and went back and still wasn't able to collect the last one.

g

Nope, didn't work. Thanks though.

I tried laying down also cause I had to get a Polar Bear under the ice the other day by laying down and of course rabbits dead in their hole.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Something that is said to work for dead animals in a place that you cant reach is get out off render and then come back, maybe that can help with this, but the non-claimable animals is a known bug and there is not a work around that i know at least.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

VonStratos wrote:Something that is said to work for dead animals in a place that you cant reach is get out off render and then come back, maybe that can help with this, but the non-claimable animals is a known bug and there is not a work around that i know at least.
Yow, I tried that going out of the render. Went to the north Lodge and made my way back. I killed 2 nice size, but still not sure if as big as this Male. But I got 1 weighting 104kg which moved me up to 23rd in the standings, but the weekend just started.

thanks
g
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Got in group of males and ended up shooting 4. It happened again, the biggest one of the 4 won't Huntermate. This happened twice in the same hunt, both on big animals.

g

Got another 106.6kg, looked About the size of the others. I don't know when they max out on weight?

Next: Another larger Male won't register. That's 3 now in 1 hunt that I can't get a score or weight for the Competition. Not good.
g

Next: Went back and forth between the 3 males trying to get 1 of them register, nothing. But during this I shot 2 females at different end of the valley and neither would register.

So I had 5 Dall Sheep in 1 hunt not register with the Hunter Mate, 3 big Males I needed maybe 1 of these. :x
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Had 2 I couldn't collect in the brain-shot mission. Tried walking out of render range and returning, in the end just had to give them up. No register from the Huntermate. Frustrating.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Working on a theory... Were all of the unharvestable kills instant kills? i.e. Did they drop right on the last blood track?

I've noticed that many times an instant kill will drop & you can either ID the blood track, or collect the animal, but not both.
My other thought is that it has something to do with the terrain and the animal may be sunken into the ground, so the harvest track is not Identifiable.

but, both theories....
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Tod1d wrote:Working on a theory... Were all of the unharvestable kills instant kills? i.e. Did they drop right on the last blood track?

I've noticed that many times an instant kill will drop & you can either ID the blood track, or collect the animal, but not both.
My other thought is that it has something to do with the terrain and the animal may be sunken into the ground, so the harvest track is not Identifiable.

but, both theories....
1st. Dropped in his tracks. But when you go out of render and go back all the tracks are gone and just animal is left.

2nd. Slid down a mountain along with another Male a few feet away. Both slid down the mountain with-in feet of each other. One registered and the other one didn't.

3rd. Was wounded and found while tracking another Dall.

4th. & 5th. Both females were shot on level ground.

But I've had the double with a dome right next to the animal several times. It's not hard to get around.

thanks, I've moved on to the next hunt
g
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Help - Dall Sheep Kill [Unable to Harvest]

Post by calamar2000 »

sircaptgordo wrote:I just killed a Dall Sheep male with horns that look like a curly fry. I need it for the Competition and it won't let me Hutermate-it. This happened the other day also with a female, so it didn't natter, now it matters ………… ha.

I'm in the hunt and will keep trying and check back every minute or so.

thanks
g
IDEM FOR ME. GRRRR !!!(dall sheep) :evil: :evil: :evil:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)

Return to “General Chat”