What are your opinion about Cable-backed Bow, Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow and Longbow?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

What are your opinion about Cable-backed Bow, Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow and Longbow?

Post by Threwlys »

I would like to know the opinion from people who frequently use this bows:

.Cable-backed Bow;

.Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow;

.Longbow.

In what huntings you use them, which one is more deadly and accurate, etc.

Which one you use for little, medium or big game.

Above all, which one is more silent to kill animals in herds, turkeys in flocks, etc.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: What are your opinion about Cable-backed Bow, Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow and Longbow?

Post by BuiuRei »

If you want to get one and just one, go heavy recurve and never look back.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: What are your opinion about Cable-backed Bow, Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow and Longbow?

Post by JimboCrow »

I agree with Ivan (BuiuRei.) The Heavy Recurve IS A DREAM at 20 meters. Like a samurai sword through the heart EVERY TIME.

I've used them all plenty, but I had a tough time with the Longbow, and the Cable-backed bow is now just an anchor on my hunting yacht. It ain't for the faint of heart. I just couldn't get the aiming down with either one of them.

However, RavenousFox is a wizard with the Longbow, so it can be done if you're a guy who enjoys a challenge.... :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Threwlys wrote:I would like to know the opinion from people who frequently use this bows:

.Cable-backed Bow;

.Recurve Bow & Heavy Recurve Bow;

.Longbow.

In what huntings you use them, which one is more deadly and accurate, etc.

Which one you use for little, medium or big game.

Above all, which one is more silent to kill animals in herds, turkeys in flocks, etc.
The Longbow is the most silent.
The Heavy Recurve Bow is the most powerful and the one IMO I would use for any hunting out of those 3 types,..
although those 3 types of bows are more difficult to master accuracy than Compounds or Crossbows that use sight pins & scopes.
Last edited by gas56 on August 17th, 2018, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

BuiuRei wrote:If you want to get one and just one, go heavy recurve and never look back.
Exactly the one i bought. I'm getting used to it, but i already like it.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

gas56 wrote:
Threwlys wrote:I would like to know the opinion from people who frequently use this bows:

The Longbow is the most silent.
The Heavy Recurve Bow is the most powerful and the one IMO I would use for any hunting out of those 3 types,..
although it is more difficult to master accuracy than Compounds or Crossbows that use sight pins & scopes.
Maybe i'll try a longbow too. I already have the Heavy Recurve Bow. That Cable-backed Bow doesn't fell too good to me; i think i'll pass.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Threwlys wrote:Maybe i'll try a longbow too. I already have the Heavy Recurve Bow. That Cable-backed Bow doesn't feel too good to me; i think i'll pass.
I've owned them all to play missions,.. but the bows I like I keep in hand,...
the others like the cable-backed bow are seldom used. I have never used a cable-back bow IRL either.... :roll:
One thing with bows is that if you always keep short range in mind they will all do the job.
But there are a few missions and the occasional comp that will require some long shots & trick shots......... :)
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Heavy Recurve is a beast and my "Lucky" bow, it's what I killed my favorite trophy animal with. That aside all of the compounds have their advantages. The rest of the bows I just used to level up.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I enjoy all of them, although the heavy recurve is my go to bow. It's fairly easy to learn, and I've gotten to the point where a 35-40 meter isn't to difficult on larger animals. On the other hand, I think that the longbow and cable backed bow are more fun and challenging to shoot. I guess it never hurts to buy all three and see which one fits you. I like them all.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Threwlys wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:If you want to get one and just one, go heavy recurve and never look back.
Exactly the one i bought. I'm getting used to it, but i already like it.
Any archer in the game should also be aware of how the heavy recurve came to be- so if you aren't aware (forgive me if you know all about this), it's based on the IRL bow build Instinctive Archer built a few years ago from scratch! He designed it, laid it out and built it and ended with a video of him shooting it for the first time. He's too humble to mention but I'll shout it out for him! He gave us a step by step project update the whole time start to finish that was a joy to follow along. I'd never seen anyone build a bow from just an idea so it was pretty cool. One of the Devs caught it on the forum and began working on art for it and was eventually introduced to us as a new weapon. The fact it's existence is based on a member's real life scratch build makes it a must have as part of TheHunter legend where Instinctive Archer will live forever :D ~

I'm with Jimbo on the cable-backed- reminds me of something found with Otzi when the glaciers receded. Performs best when used to prop open a window- It will certainly challenge you-

I'll always remember my first hunt when I decided to buy the regular wood recurve - I was apprehensive to buy it but decided to buy it based on all the praise it got. I never took it to the range, didn't know how it sighted. I was used to shooting instinctively IRL as a young guy with my dad's recurve, (some version of a Fred Bear from back in the 60's) - I was in WHI and some elk came along, I dropped out of my TS and called them - the first arrow I ever let fly found the heart of an elk which dropped like a rock- It was truly love at first sight at this point and became a constant in my loadout from there on- Just turned out to be one of those go-to relationships.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”