Changing In game ID

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dave1776
Tracker

Changing In game ID

Post by Dave1776 »

Hi All

Been ages since I was last on Classic and seeing how I have a new laptop wanted to try it out again on it.

Been playing COTW for over a year and I wanted to change my classic ID to my COTW ID just to make recognizing me easier for friends.

is there a way to do that as I checked my account settings and saw no want to change my game ID to my COTW ID.

Only post I seemed to find seemed to be transaction info and such and being I had only started to play when I got COTW I had only a free account here so no sort of transaction history for verification.

Can this be done if so how?

Note that my Game ID is different then my forum ID!
Dave1776
Kinarr
Tracker

Re: Changing In game ID

Post by Kinarr »

No.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Send a message to support. email: [email protected] or website: support.thehunter.com
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

This seems to indicate it is reason I asked what procedures are for those who have only been guests as compared to members.

https://support.thehunter.com/hc/en-us/ ... y-username
Dave1776
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Dave1776 wrote:This seems to indicate it is reason I asked what procedures are for those who have only been guests as compared to members.

My guess is that they will only manually change the name for a member that can prove ownership with receipts. Quite frankly, since you are currently a guest and your HunterScore is only 68, IMO the best thing to do would be to just start a new account with the name you want, then purchase the membership on that new account.
Personal Bests...
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

Fletchette wrote:
Dave1776 wrote:This seems to indicate it is reason I asked what procedures are for those who have only been guests as compared to members.

My guess is that they will only manually change the name for a member that can prove ownership with receipts. Quite frankly, since you are currently a guest and your HunterScore is only 68, IMO the best thing to do would be to just start a new account with the name you want, then purchase the membership on that new account.
OK now bare in mind I haven't played this game for long time except a little bit this afternoon trying to re familiarize myself with the controls compared to COTW.

I do have some EM and GM I forget how I got the EM (Assuming that is the premium cash being the gold icon can't remember). Not much but some is that initially earned in starter missions and such or I forget how I even got that. Just would hate to lose even the little bit I have if possible.

If it's re-earnable I can just start a fresh character with my COTW ID
Dave1776
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ems (the golden icon cash) can be earned winning competitions or taking free surveys(website option "earn ems") but not by doing missions, that is GMS the "basic" money of the game, and GMS can be used to buy only ammo, consumables and some licenses that allow guest temporary hunt animals that are not in the rotation. If you have a good amount of EMS then may be worth to keep the account.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

VonStratos wrote:Ems (the golden icon cash) can be earned winning competitions or taking free surveys(website option "earn ems") but not by doing missions, that is GMS the "basic" money of the game, and GMS can be used to buy only ammo, consumables and some licenses that allow guest temporary hunt animals that are not in the rotation. If you have a good amount of EMS then may be worth to keep the account.
OK thanks yeah now I remember doing some surveys and such just could not remember how I had earned them at the time was so long ago. Thanks for jogging this old geezers memory HA HA
Dave1776
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Dave1776 wrote:
Fletchette wrote:

OK now bare in mind I haven't played this game for long time except a little bit this afternoon trying to re familiarize myself with the controls compared to COTW.

I do have some EM and GM I forget how I got the EM (Assuming that is the premium cash being the gold icon can't remember). Not much but some is that initially earned in starter missions and such or I forget how I even got that. Just would hate to lose even the little bit I have if possible.

If it's re-earnable I can just start a fresh character with my COTW ID
$GM is free money that you earn by doing missions. If you start a new account you can do those missions again and re-earn them. $EM are real money can can only be purchased with cash or won in competitions. If you have some $EM on your current account then it has real value, but keep in mind that each $EM is only worth about a penny (1 cent), so the question you have to ask yourself is how much hassle do you want to go through to keep a few cents or even a few dollars if you happen to have hundreds of $EM.
Personal Bests...
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

Fletchette wrote:
$GM is free money that you earn by doing missions. If you start a new account you can do those missions again and re-earn them. $EM are real money can can only be purchased with cash or won in competitions. If you have some $EM on your current account then it has real value, but keep in mind that each $EM is only worth about a penny (1 cent), so the question you have to ask yourself is how much hassle do you want to go through to keep a few cents or even a few dollars if you happen to have hundreds of $EM.
Actually Von above reminded me how I got them through surveys or apps or what have you so can probably just reearn them again don't have much anyways as only have about 17 hours in game not all that much compared to my COTW account with over 400 hours in game
Dave1776

Return to “General Chat”