Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MudBug
Outfitter

Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

Post by MudBug »

At the news that Africa is coming to COTW and not to TH Classic. Especially after the "We'll never do an African map" statement from a few years ago, prior to even COTW coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKB6Noe0n-Y

I personally abhor COTW. Granted the AI in Classic isn't all that great. The animal AI is laughably nonexistent making game play too arcadey and that's the game breaker for me. Sad to see an African map get punted to COTW.

THoughts?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Feeling Very Disappointed..

Post by JimboCrow »

Maybe there first, later to us?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I've highlighted what I'm referring to here ^
Makes me wonder... yeah but why didn't you add the Africa map to Classic first since it's been requested on THAT game for years not this new game COTW.
Africa map has been requested for a much longer time in Classic than COTW :lol: so why wasn't it added here to Classic first? :?

Makes me feel a bit disappointed it's not on classic as well but you never know maybe by the end of this year we will get the Africa map with all the big 5 included that way it will be similar but at the same time different from COTW Savanna map.
Since TheHunter Classic is approaching the 10 year mark of the game being out I'd say that's the best time for an Africa map to be added to Classic. (makes it special)
However if the time comes and it's not added then I lost all hope for an African map but until then I still have a glimmer of hope it will be added to Classic by the end of this year. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I think the reason is the graphic engine. In COTW the reserves are very, very large and this is essential for an African reserve.
The details are better than the classic. The animals have a more realistic AI compared to Classic.
I always thought that an African reserve would be released on COTW. Surely I'll take a look.
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

We should be used to not getting what we ask for from EW by now.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Looks like a big message has been written on the wall. All you all have to do is read it now.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Looks like a big message has been written on the wall. All you all have to do is read it now.
I guess you're right. I don't blame EW, the engine is ten years old and the number of players seems to be declining slowly (if the Steam charts that are posted in here from time to time are correct). The possibilities to create revenue with Classic seem to be limited. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but creating Africa for CotW sends a pretty strong message in my opinion.

It's a pity that CotW lacks all the features that make Classic so special - like TruRACS antlers, trophy shots, regular competitions, a proper forum and such. I just hope there's a way to turn CotW into tH:2, but I doubt it.
Image Image Image
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Never say never. From the age that Classic is they still overload us with much goodies. Piccabeen hasnt been launched too long ago. To me it feels that classic is far from dying anyway and given the manic response in the streams yesterday they would silly not to introduce it to Classic. Even if its just for another milking of items. (Arid Camo!)
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

This feels like a slap in our faces, nothing more or less. Very disappointed, shows me how important classic hunters are. Nuff said.
Now offline. Forever.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

We should definitely interpret this as a broad hint to what's still to come.
I would've also described it as a slap into every tH:C players' face.

We provided the funds for EW to grow, for CotW to get developed in the first place.
Now many of the good ol' team work on CotW, Alena isn't around and the workforce turnover is beyond crazy.

I also remember the "we'll never do an African map" statement and all things considered, tH:C isn't that important anymore.

The satisfaction I used to get from playing Classic is long gone. 40, mostly short sessions, since February.

It's absolutely disappointing how it all developed. And how quickly things went downhill.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”