Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Wetland
Outfitter

Re: Feeling Very Disappointed..

Post by Wetland »

BIG Ditto from me as well!!! Does this mean that we should stop Dreaming about ever getting an African Reserve in TH Classic now? GGRRR

Wetland
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The message I get is prepare for the end of tHC.
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I think it might be a little too soon to completely write off an African themed map for Classic. I do not favour one game more than the other. I've always thought that an African map would even be better in COTW due to the advanced graphics capabilities. The AI is different in COTW than Classic, but in my opinion better in COTW in certain aspects. The herding, advanced time of day behavioural AI are only a couple of examples. I am a hunter in real life as well; mostly waterfowl/upland birds/and whitetails. I've downed at least 15-20 deer in my life. From my experience when shooting a whitetail in a herd the rest of them do not all just frantically bolt in every which direction like they do in Classic. Hell, I've had some herds just stand there and look at me after taking one of em down. I live in the prairies in one of the flattest areas of land in all of Canada. Pure farmland where longshots are a must because there' very little cover to do a stalk. Most of the time the herd will run at first in a coordinated direction and then trot together, sometimes stopping after a hundred metres to take another look back and then keep moving to the next bluff. I've seen this kind of behaviour in COTW so I applaud the devs for bringing this realistic behaviour to the game. I personally can't wait for the map to come to COTW. I need to get back into theHunter (COTW and Classic) again... and this is going to be the reserve to get me back. If we are getting Africa for COTW I think it's only a matter of time for Classic. That's my nickel (5 cents). <We don't value pennies in Canada anymore ;)

Take it easy,
Mills.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

iz_da wrote:We should definitely interpret this as a broad hint to what's still to come.
I would've also described it as a slap into every tH:C players' face.

We provided the funds for EW to grow, for CotW to get developed in the first place.
Now many of the good ol' team work on CotW, Alena isn't around and the workforce turnover is beyond crazy.

I also remember the "we'll never do an African map" statement and all things considered, tH:C isn't that important anymore.

The satisfaction I used to get from playing Classic is long gone. 40, mostly short sessions, since February.

It's absolutely disappointing how it all developed. And how quickly things went downhill.
Well said.
I too just feel like this was a slap to everyone that plays classic. Granted I wouldn't want the line up that they are adding to Call of The Wild, but still. EW has said a lot of thing's they cannot do, but end up doing it case and point the Extended render distance, and the drill rifle. It's important to keep it in mind, but also very likely we won't see Africa added to classic.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

Post by gas56 »

MudBug wrote:At the news that Africa is coming to COTW and not to TH Classic. Especially after the "We'll never do an African map" statement from a few years ago, prior to even COTW coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKB6Noe0n-Y

I personally abhor COTW. Granted the AI in Classic isn't all that great. The animal AI is laughably nonexistent making game play too arcadey and that's the game breaker for me. Sad to see an African map get punted to COTW.

THoughts?
I'm with you about the COTW game,..
But this could be a ploy to draw new or classic players who wanted Africa on Classic to play COTW....
OR, this is a big OR, they just want to play around with it before making a map in Classic.
At least I hope they would at least try to do this, because IMO this is still THE # 1 HUNTING GAME to play that's out there on the market.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

When requesting "Africa" for Classic, did not everyone have lions, leopards, elephants and rhinos in mind? Yet only the cape buffalo is added from the big five to the new CotW reserve. Given the list of species that will be added to CotW, I don't think it is really that of a big deal that this is coming to CotW first. I see it as a positive sign because they seem to have overcome the political reservations. Sure I thought this was taken care of with the Polar Bear, but now we can be certain.

"Africa" seems to be the big seller, but looking at that reserve in CotW now (with no Jeeps and only one dangerous animal), there are better reserves out there in Classic, and also in CotW itself already.

The whole Africa buzz is dampened very quickly for many once they look at the list of species there. Just go read some of the comments on Steam. EW said the main theme and missions are around preservation, poaching and the like, not the big game hunting. I don't think the Africa in CotW is what we have requested for years to come to Classic.

So cool down everyone and the next time, don't ask for "Africa", ask for big game and predator hunting! ;)

Edit: By the way, the wide views should also no longer be a problem with the new render range.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think we may hopefully get africa.fingers crossed.rather be positive about it.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

Ravenousfox wrote:Makes me wonder... yeah but why didn't you add the Africa map to Classic first since it's been requested on THAT game for years not this new game COTW.
Africa map has been requested for a much longer time in Classic than COTW :lol: so why wasn't it added here to Classic first? :?
It's not about who asks first mate, it's about priorities. Right now, CotW is the priority as it's the newer game, newer engine and the game aimed for a wider public (hence more commercial). Nothing wrong with it, I think that's better for them as a company and therefore for the Classic to keep up. Of course they'd prefer to promote the new game instead of the old one, why not? It's much more appealing to play an african map in CotW than in the Classic, why? Because of the amazing engine they got in their hands

It'll eventually be added in the Classic, in fact I put my money it'll be the next one to be released.

I personally think if they added main things from the Classic to the CotW, a large amount of players would join it; TruRACs, competitions, trophy shots...
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tanngnjostr wrote:...but creating Africa for CotW sends a pretty strong message in my opinion. ...
Yes! I have the same opinion...
As soon as I read the news about releasing Africa reserve for CotW, I had a very bad feeling.
We just have to deal with it... :?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Just one more stab in the back of the long time supporters of theHunter.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”