Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Feeling Very Disappointed..[No Africa for tHC]

Post by HooCairs »

I thought this was a funny and unfortunately quite fitting comment on my Youtube channel about the Africa DLC after someone from EW said why none of the popular animals were added:
That's like a dev team that's making a racing game saying "well we didn't want to add any expensive sports cars, look at the ford focus, it gets much better mileage and is a much more reasonable choice for a city car not to mention much cheaper, we don't need any pagani zondas or ferraris or any of those, I'm sure our player base will understand it's not really about speed."
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HooCairs wrote:I thought this was a funny and unfortunately quite fitting comment on my Youtube channel about the Africa DLC after someone from EW said why none of the popular animals were added:
That's like a dev team that's making a racing game saying "well we didn't want to add any expensive sports cars, look at the ford focus, it gets much better mileage and is a much more reasonable choice for a city car not to mention much cheaper, we don't need any pagani zondas or ferraris or any of those, I'm sure our player base will understand it's not really about speed."
I had read that, Hoo. Of course it goes on a little longer lol, but still really does make sense. I can understand EW’s take on the matter. I really do. But the reality of it is that ITS JUST A GAME. No one bats an eye at popping human skulls with bullets in Sniper Elite, no one has much to say about the many things you can do in GTA, but wow even mention the Big 5 (excluding one as its in CotW, but poorly done) and the SJWs have a field day. I do think her although as said I can understand, I do think it was a fumble. I’m not discounting thier work on it, no way ever as it’s a great looking reserve, but what good is great looking but boring?
And just a quick note: Melanistic Lesser Kudu seem to be quite common in the game. I have 4 already.....
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I believe that if EW created an African Reserve with the same QUALITY that they did with the Timbergold Trails map it would be AMAZING, but agree with Hoo that is must have at least a couple of the Big Five (such as the Lion and Elephant) or forget about it! I'd also like to see the Zebra, Kudo, Gazelle (or other deer species) and maybe even a Crocodile of some type put on this map along with some scattered watering holes where we could put up our blinds or stands and wait for the animals to come for water. he he If done right, this would be a HUNTERS DREAM and be a fitting final map for TheHunter Classic if EW believes the game is near its ending point. But, please let it contain small HERDS of some species so it feels like an African map. I believe that the many loyal hunters that have supported this GREAT Game for so many years DESERVE to get a Reserve like this.

Wetland :D
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I'm just getting tired of the "realism" excuses. We hunt polar bears as much as we want and not only is that entirely unrealistic, it's controversial. It would be so easy to let us hunt these animals realistically, and yet we just get the same old runaround we've been getting since the game launched. Look at Cabela, it's practically an elephant and lion blasting game with no realism whatsoever and no one cares. At least this game could do it right. I've lost all my motivation to play, honestly, I just feel completely ignored as a player. I know I'm not the only one with low morale lately either, look at the General Chat boards, they're dead. :(
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I'm really not too worried about getting Africa for Classic,..
I would rather see Big Game animals done right than have a rushed unwanted map of misnomers that classic players wouldn't really
appreciate. If we get it,.. than fine, as long as it fills the requirements of our needs and EW already knows this.
If we don't get it than I can live with that also.
So even if COTW got a somewhat non-standard African based map, it is not what Classic is about and
is irrelevant with what we've asked for.
So there are still a lot of environmental hunting habitats that can be made besides Africa and I think we still have
a long ways to get there before they run out of ideas........... ;)
South America, Mexico, India, Asia, China, Russia, Deserts, Prairies, ...........anyone?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

This map is not rushed at all. It´s great.

As a simracer I would say.
It´s like releasing a formula game with GP 3 cars only. As a formula game you may expect formula One to be included but that is not to say GP 3 can be entertaining and they run on the same tracks :)

Cape Buffalo is what a Red Bull?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i honestly believe that there is no point in africa now. for classic. the sole priority should be on how will classic be developed on for the future.if this is possible.africa on classic i dont see as a issue.as its sorta just prolonging things.not advancing.

wouldnt it be better to start developing on a newer engine classic ? than spending those same resources on africa which unless its being made now it would take 6-9 months for the reserve and 3 months per new animal.realistically will this game even be open then ?

so rather than debate how we would have africa. how about discussing or looking at how we can play this game in the future . thats far more important.

i still cant work out if the games just going to run until it fizzles out or if upgrades will finally be made and put on a new engine.the thing with that is call of the wild maybe then fizzle down and lots of resources have been put into that. maybe use a different engine so there is distinction between the two. unreal 4 would be a nice engine to do so.the problem in that would be the royalities.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

All i can say is that i used to play The Hunter Call of the Wild.

Then, in a given day, just for curiosity (and extremely bored about COTW), i decided to try The Hunter Classic.

WOW! Boy, i fell in love immediately :D :lol: . I never went back to COTW! Nor ducks or Africa made me even think about it :x :cry: .

COTW is so without personality, without energy, without sense, without purpose. There is no point in playing, because is just beautiful (in my 4K Sony Bravia and a Geforce GTX 1080 looked pretty good). Is about time to make the marvelous The Hunter Classic look like that. I wouldn't care if i had to buy all my stuff again.

For me, The Hunter Classic is plenty of great reserves, is so dynamic, with many exciting competitions, is absolutely captivating and offer a serious and astounding hunting artificial inteligence system.

So, i have to agree with the great ronMctube and i suggest to the devs to open a permanent topic about it:
ronMctube wrote:
so rather than debate how we would have africa. how about discussing or looking at how we can play this game in the future . thats far more important.
And call me crazy, but i don't want Africa! As said before, i want a great american prairie with bisons who looks very majestic and ferocious.

Above all, i don't care what reserve or animals the devs may be planning right now. All i care is if they are reading this forum and if they intend to do something to better The Hunter Classic for good. Their silence is not cool. They have a unique game, they should be very proud about and showing this to us frequently.
Last edited by Threwlys on September 3rd, 2018, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:i honestly believe that there is no point in africa now. for classic. the sole priority should be on how will classic be developed on for the future.if this is possible.africa on classic i dont see as a issue.as its sorta just prolonging things.not advancing.

wouldnt it be better to start developing on a newer engine classic ? than spending those same resources on africa which unless its being made now it would take 6-9 months for the reserve and 3 months per new animal.realistically will this game even be open then ?

i still cant work out if the games just going to run until it fizzles out or if upgrades will finally be made and put on a new engine.the thing with that is call of the wild maybe then fizzle down and lots of resources have been put into that. maybe use a different engine so there is distinction between the two. unreal 4 would be a nice engine to do so.the problem in that would be the royalities.
Like I've said before,... Transition with a new platform while still maintaining Classic or they won't have the needed funds to continue on to new and better things and the original Classic will run its course.
Otherwise this game franchise will eventually peter out fundwise and COTW will be the only thing left leaving us dedicated classic players without a game.
I would really like to hear anything from EW about what their future plans are and if this is even a credible venture for them.
I have read from them before that one reason they couldn't change into a new game was acquiring funds,...
But maybe now they have for-seen a new way of continuing investing with a new hunting game production that can have merit making revenue for them.
Last edited by gas56 on September 3rd, 2018, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

they could easily do it if they choose to. Avalanche is massive now. its not ten years ago. they have the finances/resources to make theHunter classic 2 or whatever it would be called.easily. the difference is would it be worth it ? its a business.you can see from the numerous titles they doing now and and the new studios.if they want to make it they will. as said the main thing i see is the engine choice issue. making it on apex dont seem to mesh.not with cotw using it. they are both different games. so you need a identity for both. so ideally you would use a different one for classic if it was to be remade. then keep call of the wild as it is.develop both.covering all the hunting video game market.

you dont have to put all the content we have in straight away. just gradually introduce it.avalanche could make it EW continues with what we have now then when the times right . turn on the new version crack down the old one. continue on. thats ideally what we would want to happen whether that will happen who knows ? maybe this game will just run as is till the wheels fall off and the lights go off. with no upgrading and just a dead ip. that seems odd though as theHunter is a main brand for avalanche. just have to sit with fingers crossed. hope it happens.

Return to “General Chat”