Sometimes, where all the animals are gone?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

Sometimes, where all the animals are gone?

Post by Threwlys »

I'm participating in competitions and i realized is becoming more frequently the fact that if i enter in certain reserve e hunt like hell, plenty of animals, full of life everywhere, in the next hunt in the same reserve i find just silence, no trails, the callers doesn't work, it seems no animal have spawned in the map.

I walk and walk (extremely boring) and nothing happens.

Where all the animals are gone?

Sometimes they are distributed in areas absolutelly different than usual? Or just a few animals are rendered to be hunted? Or they become more shy and silent?

In times like this i don't see any other option than finish that hunt and begin another one, what is a great problem when in compettions because of the limited number of attempts.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Sometimes, where all the animals are gone?

Post by VonStratos »

Its a matter of perception and also the spawn is random, so not every time you will find same animals in the same areas, by example i was doing some hunts in Hemmeldal, like 3 of 4 times when i fast traveled to my tent there was full of ptarmigans flying around, and in other i didn't saw even one, is not relevant if you are in a comp or not, its just spawn luck. Now Radamus gave you very good advises about hunting in the other tread about hunter score, but let me give you one for comps.

Do not shot at anything that you don't need to. lets say you see a small or medium white tail while looking for a big one, let him go, get picky, if you shot that deer you will scare all around in 320 meters, including any possible big trophy, use a bow only if you feel confident about the shot, if the animal run he can scare others. competitions require a lot of self control and patience, and luck to get good animals.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

If you're in an area with no animals, that means there is an other area on the map with extra animals.
We've been told before that the number of animals on each reserve remains the same with each spawn, and that it's the score, weight & location that is randomized.

They do adjust the numbers when they add a new species to a map, but other than that they pretty much leave them alone.

Hah, just stumbled on this from today... Re: Are there less animals now?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

VonStratos wrote:Its a matter of perception and also the spawn is random, so not every time you will find same animals in the same areas, by example i was doing some hunts in Hemmeldal, like 3 of 4 times when i fast traveled to my tent there was full of ptarmigans flying around, and in other i didn't saw even one, is not relevant if you are in a comp or not, its just spawn luck. Now Radamus gave you very good advises about hunting in the other tread about hunter score, but let me give you one for comps.

Do not shot at anything that you don't need to. lets say you see a small or medium white tail while looking for a big one, let him go, get picky, if you shot that deer you will scare all around in 320 meters, including any possible big trophy, use a bow only if you feel confident about the shot, if the animal run he can scare others. competitions require a lot of self control and patience, and luck to get good animals.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what is happening. I must be the world champion :( in scare animals during the hunt. My nightmare ever are the whitetails and roes. They are everywhere and run and scream like hell if we don't pay a lot of attention.

Day by day what i need is a more "professional" approach in the field, to be more in the stealth mode.
Tod1d wrote:If you're in an area with no animals, that means there is an other area on the map with extra animals.
We've been told before that the number of animals on each reserve remains the same with each spawn, and that it's the score, weight & location that is randomized.

They do adjust the numbers when they add a new species to a map, but other than that they pretty much leave them alone.

Hah, just stumbled on this from today... Re: Are there less animals now?
Great discussion there, in the topic "Are there less animals now?".

I found this one too. Very interesting: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=87546

And that is what i need to have in mind: "If you're in an area with no animals, that means there is an other area on the map with extra animals". I'll try to explore more, to find where the animals have gone.

Thinking about it, would be very boring to find the animals at the exactly area everytime we enter a reserve. This randomization seems a good thing. Requires more of us in terms of skills to find the game and gives a touch of reality.

Here, some answers from TreeKiwi about the matter:

"Re: Are there less animals now?

Postby TreeKiwi » Today, 4:15 am
I just went and asked if we have changed anything, nothing at all has been changed. Then we went and visually actually checked the spawn numbers as well, nothing has changed at all population wise. Animals may never spawn in the same areas all the time, hence Mapache01's comments above. Rons advice about rethinking your hunting is probably the best bet. If it was the same all the time, it would be boring! I too sometimes have a map that feels super empty, then the next map is full of animals. Its all just completely random. The same amount of animals spawn every time, they are just not always in the same areas.

Happy Hunting all!"
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 14th, 2018, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

They're always on the map,.. sometimes just where you are not spawned...
If this happens on your first spawn place,... move to another spot you've seen animals on the map.
Take the time to learn the map good, and go to all the back-up spots where you've come across them.
They'll be at one of them. Even if it is a place you rarely visit when hunting. This may help you when filling an objective for comps or missions.

Trick # 1.
If you can,.. have set up spots with tents where you can start your hunt and then Fast Travel to another 2nd tent within 300-400 meters away with
a Tree Stand very close already set up where you know animals frequent quite often without spooking them and use animal scent spray and callers to lure them in to you.
You can have as many tent spots that are allowed or can use on a map.

Trick # 2.
Fast Travel to 2nd spot tent with any setup of a TS, Blind, Tower, and also have a feeder set up that animals like bears & goats eat out of to ambush them.

Trick # 3.
To shoot animals while part of an objective is standing, or prone while shooting it, or close distance is required without the help of concealment,
simply get out of the concealment and fill your objective.

Trick # 4.
Have other players help you with comps or missions to find & fill the objective of animals at different places for you to harvest them.

Trick # 5.
Add more Tricks.

Return to “General Chat”