How to increase the hunter score?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

How to increase the hunter score?

Post by Threwlys »

I think this is one of the most usual question.

What i have to do to increase my hunter score?

What are the most common activities that leads more quickly to a higher score?

Participating in compettions? Finding rare animals? Leveling up guns and trail skills? More time playing? Etc.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: How to increase the hunter score?

Post by VonStratos »

kill animals, 1 point for animal +1 point for using a weapon that are not maximized, weapons get maximized after 1k kills, animals depend on the specie, you can check in the achievment section of your profile in the main web page, also the collectables like mushroom give 1 point each.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Check out the Wiki. It can answer just about any question you may have.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Score
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

VonStratos wrote:kill animals, 1 point for animal +1 point for using a weapon that are not maximized, weapons get maximized after 1k kills, animals depend on the specie, you can check in the achievment section of your profile in the main web page, also the collectables like mushroom give 1 point each.
Thanks, VonStratos.

By the way, may i ask you what mean "weapon that are not maximized"?
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Seifer wrote:Check out the Wiki. It can answer just about any question you may have.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Score
Great! Thanks.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't remember the proper term, but every weapon get achievements when you use it for killing, first and 1 kill then 25 then 100 and so on, until 1000, after that the weapon no longer gives points for the hunter score, nor get more achievements, that when is considered maximized in lack of a better word to describe it, but don't confuse it with the weapon skill, that's another separate thing that also goes up the more you use a weapon.

Animals also gives achievements and points, but the limit is not always 1000, since some are easier to kill than other, ducks by example.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Welcome! And to put it simply- go kill everything in sight :D
Weapon skill increases by hits- double tap all you can - but more important than hunter score is spotting and tracking- collect every track, spot everything you see. The more you do that the better you become when you want to find something big - good for winning those comps - and enter all the comps open on a reserve just in case :D It's better to be lucky than good.

If you want to build points real fast- go shoot ducks/geese - problem is, you can max those out pretty quick. Lastly my all time top 2 pieces of advice- hunt long hunts- I'd rather do 1 hunt 2-3 hours than 5 or 6 30 min hunts, I believe they are more productive for pile making. And learn to love bow hunting! Learn to drop animals so you're hunting and not tracking and fleeting animals chase others off but a dead animal doesn't bother anyone.

There's also some tricks to using render range to your advantage - hunt BRR and WRR hard, another easy way to rack up numbers. Run and Gun on those 2 reserves is cake~ I'd call them "trainer" reserves because they are so easy to hunt.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Radamus wrote:Welcome! And to put it simply- go kill everything in sight :D
Weapon skill increases by hits- double tap all you can - but more important than hunter score is spotting and tracking- collect every track, spot everything you see. The more you do that the better you become when you want to find something big - good for winning those comps - and enter all the comps open on a reserve just in case :D It's better to be lucky than good.

If you want to build points real fast- go shoot ducks/geese - problem is, you can max those out pretty quick. Lastly my all time top 2 pieces of advice- hunt long hunts- I'd rather do 1 hunt 2-3 hours than 5 or 6 30 min hunts, I believe they are more productive for pile making. And learn to love bow hunting! Learn to drop animals so you're hunting and not tracking and fleeting animals chase others off but a dead animal doesn't bother anyone.

There's also some tricks to using render range to your advantage - hunt BRR and WRR hard, another easy way to rack up numbers. Run and Gun on those 2 reserves is cake~ I'd call them "trainer" reserves because they are so easy to hunt.
Great suggestions! Thanks.

I'm doing exactly as you say. I kill every animal (even those mouses and scorpions), i collect everything, my huntings are about 7 hours (i really don't like "micro-huntings"), i spot everything in the ground or in the air (i believe some day i'll even find Jimmy Hoffa :lol: ), i love bow hunting and BRR and WRR are two of my favorite reserves.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Threwlys wrote:Great suggestions! Thanks. I'm doing exactly as you say. I kill every animal (even those mouses and scorpions), i collect everything, my huntings are about 7 hours (i really don't like "micro-huntings"), i spot everything in the ground or in the air (i believe someday i'll even find Jimmy Hoffa :lol: ), i love bow hunting and BRR and WRR are two of my favorite reserves.
I took a look at your stats- For your efforts your numbers should be way way higher but I'll follow this up on a bright side :D - Yeah you like to do long ones! Fantastic! That also adds game time, experience and education. It's a long damn learning curve to the small nuances that will separate you from the pack but tough love is best applied here not giving everything up all at once. besides a lot of small details won't matter when you are still learning the big ones.

There's 2 approaches - walking and stalking or sedentary in a treestand - Lets take WHI for example- It's a small reserve- There's a couple places I set 2 tents and pinch both coasts so the animals have to pass between you and the beach. It's a choke point lets say, pick the narrowest spot and you'll figure it out- kill packs of coyotes, turkey and elk and lots of deer - you should be bagging 15-20 harvest an hour when it's hot - Conversely, setting in a TS on WRR will just make you cold and make you see white spots after a while. Myself I'm not really the pile hunter I used to be and have slacked off hunting time for a while so I'm not a good example to use. Lately just participating in the community comps- jump in those and learn from the pros, we got some master assassins who are really good - I'm just a "also participated" but I do try :lol:

Bright Side*** When I was in your shoes I'll start with- the first few weeks I played I didn't know what the HM was for and never collected a thing- but I sent pictures to Doc (or wanted to) to prove I didn't lose an animal :lol: ~ I would hunt for hours and get a couple does or something, just pathetic. I might have average 2-3 an hour and most of my time spent tracking before I ever knew it won't die from a body shot with a gun - Then tried geese when they were introduced - My shotgun stats were so bad it was pathetic- Maybe 20-30% hits and 10-15% kill per hit- I'd be out of shells in a while (30 shots) and have 8 geese ~ I thought I'd never figure this stuff out- But, eventually it comes~ Now I get a kick out of shooting geese with a bow and ducks are fun too! but not at first :lol:

Bottom line, everyone here started fresh just like you :D but in the end the number 1 goal should be- have fun! enjoy it! it either catches you by the hair or it doesn't and by the hours you've put into it, I think you're kind of digging at least a little ;) ~ Go get em man!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Threwlys wrote:
What i have to do to increase my hunter score?
You don't have to do anything. ;)

My suggestion is: just play the game and ignore the hunter score completely.
Not only is it entirely meaningless, it's also not at all benefitial for the game experience to have the hunter score in mind.

All the hunterscore is telling is that you killed a lot of animals with a lot of different weapons you spent a bucketload of money on. A few people here call it the grinderscore.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “General Chat”