How to increase the hunter score?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: How to increase the hunter score?

Post by HooCairs »

The HunterScore is a myth. It never happened. 8-)
Threwlys wrote:By the way, may i ask you what mean "weapon that are not maximized"?
Maximized means that the rank for a weapon has already reached 1000 points.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Knut wrote:
Threwlys wrote:
What i have to do to increase my hunter score?
You don't have to do anything. ;)

My suggestion is: just play the game and ignore the hunter score completely.
Not only is it entirely meaningless, it's also not at all benefitial for the game experience to have the hunter score in mind.

All the hunterscore is telling is that you killed a lot of animals with a lot of different weapons you spent a bucketload of money on. A few people here call it the grinderscore.
Thanks for the words.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Threwlys wrote:
Knut wrote:
Threwlys wrote:
What i have to do to increase my hunter score?
You don't have to do anything. ;)

My suggestion is: just play the game and ignore the hunter score completely.
Not only is it entirely meaningless, it's also not at all benefitial for the game experience to have the hunter score in mind.

All the hunterscore is telling is that you killed a lot of animals with a lot of different weapons you spent a bucketload of money on. A few people here call it the grinderscore.
Thanks for the words.
Wait a minute,.. I bought a lot of weapons but I don't use them all,.. only the ones I like to shoot are the one's that I use that I have fun with. But I do like to try new weapons out.
So I have spent a bucket-load of money but I sure ain't no grinder. So I guess those few people here don't know me too well........................... :lol:
Just kidding............
I agree with you... just enjoy the hunting :)
EDIT PICTURE
Last edited by gas56 on August 14th, 2018, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Just play alot! I have been playing off and on for 9 years. Mostly off until this year and my HS is fairly low as you can see. My hunting partner started playing in January of this year and before June had no membership and just the basic weapons. Yet her HS is over 7000! How did she do it? By playing pretty much every day for over 8 hours a day. Killing, collecting, and exploring the maps. So if you want a high HS just buy a membership and hunt all day every day. But i have to agree with others in that the HS is worthless and you're better off just to ignore it. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I have to agree with the others, Hunter score is a very misleading name for a feature that one could think reflects skills or experience of a player, in fact it doesn't reflect anything of that, sure it can boost the ego a little, i admit i feel better now than when i came back some months ago and my hunter score was around 3k, but a lot of the points was because this time i got my own waterfowling setups(because i like shot birds with my blaser, not for the HS) and it racked up a lot, but that doesn't mean i am better than before... well i am at shooting ducks, but the HS will not mean if you are a noob or a pro, it just show that you killed a lot of stuff or have played the game for a long time.

Realistically there is no easy system to say who is a good hunter, because we are all good in something and have flaws in other things, a hunter can be very good at taking animals over 400 mts like a sniper but fail a lot with stalking preys and bow hunting at 30mts, and is hard to find a system to reflect that with a unique score, that is what hunter score wont tell you.

If you want get better play a lot, try missions, they teach, and competitions, put yourself against other players, and then if you feel ready try UHC competitions, that ones are hard and even if you don't do well you will gain new experience for yourself and learn new ways to hunt, and that worth and is more useful than any amount of hs points

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

If you want to improve your Hunter Score you can do it quickest by hunting ducks, geese, and ptarmigans, using the shotguns and small caliber firearms you already own. (See Gas56's picture above.)

Birds are plentiful, tons of fun, and will give your HS a nice boost fast. No need to grind all of the time like some would have you believe. Come and join me on an MP duck hunt and I'll show you. For free!

Don't let others tell you how to enjoy the game. Play it the way you want to. Find your game, and play.

JimboCrow.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

I just broke 4,000 hunter score and I've been playing for like 7+ years. Guess I need to step that up a bit lol.

Thanks,
CH
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Crazyhorse wrote:I just broke 4,000 hunter score and I've been playing for like 7+ years. Guess I need to step that up a bit lol.

Thanks,
CH
:lol: CH, you know as well as I do that had you wanted to put up HS numbers you easily could have, and would have. But that's not for you. Yet you're still here like the rest of us, because you love the game as much as anybody else does. No shame in that brah, none whatsoever. :)

Glad to see you're still around CH, after so many years. So many others have come and gone now, so many new friends made since; still I just can't seem to forget them, good friends also. C'est la vie. Only the best to you sir! :)
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

JimboCrow wrote:
Crazyhorse wrote:I just broke 4,000 hunter score and I've been playing for like 7+ years. Guess I need to step that up a bit lol.

Thanks,
CH
:lol: CH, you know as well as I do that had you wanted to put up HS numbers you easily could have, and would have. But that's not for you. Yet you're still here like the rest of us, because you love the game as much as anybody else does. No shame in that brah, none whatsoever. :)

Glad to see you're still around CH, after so many years. So many others have come and gone now, so many new friends made since; still I just can't seem to forget them, good friends also. C'est la vie. Only the best to you sir! :)

Heya JC, very true. I really enjoy exploring, doing quests, and being the team scout/spotter. I enjoy my time in the game and I don't care about the whole HS thing outside of making sure I have enough to get into most multiplayer games. :)

Wish ya the best brother, great to see so many of use long time players are still around.

Thanks,
CH
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Around 5k hunter score in a few months just by waterflow hunting, if you want the highest possible number i would suggest ducks.

Return to “General Chat”