Bobcats... do NOT growl.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Bobcats... do NOT growl.

Post by BearJohnson »

They sound like a screaming infant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7_xJdWjvA
Never heard a growl in Pennsylvania... lotsa screams
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Bobcats... do NOT growl.

Post by outrider »

i agree with you, but you do understand, you are hunting in a fantasy world ?...... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BearJohnson wrote:They sound like a screaming infant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7_xJdWjvA
Never heard a growl in Pennsylvania... lotsa screams
Exactly- I said this on day one- They make your skin crawl when they cry at night - My mom freaked the hell out one time in the middle of the night swearing there had to be a baby in the woods- The whole time my dad couldn't stop laughing hysterically which made mom even more upset he was laughing - My mom grew up in Washington DC, total city girl - My dad came from the mountains of WV so he knew this - Never forget that night as long as I live :lol: ~ and although there's a YT vid as Fox shows, living on the mountain with lots of bobcats- never heard that sound in my life. I only know what I know and don't know what I don't know is all I can say about it.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Bobcats are very, VERY scarce around here these days (Illinois). Sitting in a treestand before sunup, about 10 years ago, my Son & I heard a Bobcat. At the time we had no idea what it was. When we met up at the car later on, his eyes were the size of dinner plates.... "What was that screaming noise? It made my skin crawl!!!" I told him I had no idea but it made me a little uneasy also. A few years later I was hunting at my Brother's place in Missouri & I heard one. Later on he asked me if I heard that Bobcat. I ended up digging out a video on Youtube to show my Son. And we haven't heard it since. :twisted:
That is one creepy noise when have no idea what it is & you are in the woods an hour before sunup. :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Violator31 wrote:Bobcats are very, VERY scarce around here these days (Illinois). Sitting in a treestand before sunup, about 10 years ago, my Son & I heard a Bobcat. At the time we had no idea what it was. When we met up at the car later on, his eyes were the size of dinner plates.... "What was that screaming noise? It made my skin crawl!!!" I told him I had no idea but it made me a little uneasy also. A few years later I was hunting at my Brother's place in Missouri & I heard one. Later on he asked me if I heard that Bobcat. I ended up digging out a video on Youtube to show my Son. And we haven't heard it since. :twisted:
That is one creepy noise when have no idea what it is & you are in the woods an hour before sunup. :lol:
:lol: ~ Man, you are so on point with reality. I already know it was an experience you will never forget because it's just not possible. It would be a hoot to take someone who's never heard it out to the woods in the dark and have a bobcat cry for a while- the first time you hear it you better hope you don't have to go pee pee or you just might involuntarily :lol: :lol: Skin crawl? would be the most epic skin crawling experience you'd ever have never ot be equaled- it will literally make every hair on your body stand up straight and scare the living sht out of you I bet money it :lol: :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Radamus wrote: :lol: ~ Man, you are so on point with reality. I already know it was an experience you will never forget because it's just not possible. It would be a hoot to take someone who's never heard it out to the woods in the dark and have a bobcat cry for a while- the first time you hear it you better hope you don't have to go pee pee or you just might involuntarily :lol: :lol: Skin crawl? would be the most epic skin crawling experience you'd ever have never ot be equaled- it will literally make every hair on your body stand up straight and scare the living sht out of you I bet money it :lol: :lol:
YES!!! Looking back on it now it's a riot. The critter was much closer to me & on the opposite side my Son was on. He thought it was coming from right by me. He was a teenager at the time. The look on his face was classic. I can STILL see that look every time I think about it. :lol: :lol: I wish I could have seen his reaction at the time. I do remember my reaction & it wasn't just a subtle glance in that direction! :lol:
I haven't actually seen one around here since the late 70's but I did get eyes on one in Missouri. When we hunted in Southern Illinois, my Son was about 13. I took him to a stand & walked off to mine. He said about 30 minutes later one walked up & followed my tracks as far as he could watch it go. I've always wondered how long it watched me from the underbrush. :D
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Bobcats make a lot of sounds,.. I had 1 bobcat growling and hissin' at me one time that I had never heard a bobcat make.
here's a couple of more sounds besides the other 2 recordings in this post.

Return to “General Chat”