New Animal!!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

New Animal!!

Post by Wetrocky45 »

In case you haven't heard for some reason TheHunter is getting a new animal! Here is what we know.

"Currently we are working on a new animal for the EHR, when this new animal is set free, it will be released into Hemmeldal. Watch this space."

Alright, so this information we are given so far. "Watch this space." I don't know if that was a hint or a typo or something else, I am taking it as a hint. Obviously my mind starts to go to bigger game, as I would LOVE bigger game TheHunter seems to be on a trend of smaller animals/birds. "Watch this space." Could also mean a lot of these animals. Just a lot we don't know. Does anybody have absolutely any idea's or guesses on what it could be?

My guess is a sheep or a musk deer.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: New Animal!!

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I find it a bit of a tough guess on hemmeldal as I find it already nicely balanced with animals. Looking forward to it no doubt.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

It may be a predator, hopefully not another waterfowl like bird, maybe rabbits from some kind or well... what another kind of animal roam in the area where Hemmeldal is based?, but for now the only we can do is:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

The only thing that would excite me new on Hemm would be some kind of deer maybe, a fallow? Can't believe that's the only reserve they would put it on because we've wished for it for a long time and there's other better options- For me, no idea and slightly apprehensive since they dumped flying rats on us which turned anticipation for new animals into more of a concern than the slightest bit of giddiness.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I think it will be the lynx....
Or........ a feral hog...?
Nooooooooooo! :lol:
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

For me, an European Lynx seems to be most propable too. But I would appreciate some really new animal, not only reskined and resized bobcat ;) From other hand, as rhapsodaisical noted, Hemmeldal seems to be quite well balanced (and while not my favorite, in oposition to some, I actually like this reserve), so I'm not sure why EW decided to add a new species there. But we will see. ;)
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

Logic points towards the Lynx.
They have invested designtime in a feline, the Bobcat.
So just as the feral hog was reskinned into the wild boar, the Bobcat needs to be reskinned to get value from the effort to create it.
Spoiler:
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

My guess is still the Wolverine.

Anyone remember that blank spot beside the Willow Ptarmigan when the German Pointer was released? That’s why I think it’s the wolverine.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

If EW took the easy route then Lynx, if it is a completely new animal then Fallow Deer.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
tsg303
Tracker

Post by tsg303 »

I think Lunx or Tetrao urogallus (wood grouse)

Return to “General Chat”