Thoughts on the new weapon

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MaxVe
Scout

Re: Thoughts on the new weapon

Post by MaxVe »

The drilling or combined are beautiful weapons aesthetically average cost ten times (but also much more) a "normal" weapon also weigh like a mortar ... in my opinion they serve little if not to show off their wealth (which I do not despise in itself but that should not be unnecessarily flagged)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Villkatta wrote:
Knut wrote:
Villkatta wrote:I'd love a 12GA and 6,5x55 combo.
A rimmed cartridge like the 6.5x57R would be way Mord befitting
That's also an option of course, but since we're not dealing with irl issues ingame, I thought they could use existing ammo. But a fair point Knut.
There isn't really any IRL issue with chambering a break action in a rimless caliber, though. It's more of a tradition thing.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

It should a barrel for buckshot, one for birdshot and one for slugs, that can all be fired simultaneously when a roe deer rides on a moose with a ptarmigan on its shoulder. :shock:

In case they do two shotgun barrels, it would definitely be great if they were for different ammo types, e.g. birdshot and buckshot. Gonna be cool regardless. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:when a roe deer rides on a moose with a ptarmigan on its shoulder. :shock:
This calls for a Gas drawing! :D
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

can we have when the gun fires it makes the roe deer bark noise :lol:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
HooCairs wrote:when a roe deer rides on a moose with a ptarmigan on its shoulder. :shock:
This calls for a Gas drawing! :D
The Moose shoulder or the Roe deer?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

Wouldnt it just use the wheel to select the trigger and not support a scope?

Thanks,
CH
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

O.K. guys & gals the callout is left blank intentionally so you can write a funny joke where I just wrote Oooooooops!
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

"Oops, I did it again..."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Gas- I have the simple solution for that photo -ALL 3 of those taken with 10ga slugs - simple solution solved easily- YOu shoot the flying rat first- "POOF" gone in a fluff of feathers and a misty looking pink and red color explosion - Next, the roe hops down and does his best "Tigger" impression on his pogo stick tail - and the moose last as they're not very fast, about like a horse who's been feeding on Jimson weed~ kind of like a stoner who's paranoid driving on the interstate all mellowed out doing 45mph preparing to take every exit ramp because they aren't really sure where they are or where they're going "it's all about the journey, not the destination" And they're on a journey all their own.

So the new drilling- My first impressions of the announcement tells me 1 big thing- They HAVE solved the impossible so for that I'm impressed! I'm still fuzzy on where the middle button is on a mouse :? In the center of my mouse, counting the wheel I've got 7 functions. Sadly, I need a new mouse as the wheel tilt has lost one of it's functions I have set to kneel/prone-rise/stand up my character.
So this drilling, isn't as popular here stateside that I'm aware of as it is in Europe. I think this is because in the mainstream our CF cartridges are generally not a rimmed design and break actions make up a very small market segment as this would be dominated by bolt actions then auto-loaders. I fear plenty of Doc letters getting adjusted to this new feature. The idea of this function in general opens up all kinds of possibilities and I would LOVE to see this expanded to lets say, selecting a barrel on our double scatterguns to say load a slug and buckshot for example at once. This really takes the finer details of managing our weapons to a new level so for me that's what really sticks out, the development of this type of feature. For this fact alone, I have to say the "small, understaffed" Dev team really pulled off some good stuff! I think they deserve a "Attaboy" for this.

As for the choice, I dig it! I like the idea of this 16ga slug for sure. I don't have the 16 double and no intention of adding it but this triple drilling thing interests me enough that it will end up in the rack and I'm a fan of mounting a scope on it. I'm as far from a purist there is when it comes to optics, give me more and better! When your time comes, if it hasn't yet, your eye's will thank you! :lol: ~ Most of my weapons, if they can't mount a scope I either don't buy them or they become dust collectors - 405 comes to mind, it would be no different than IRL with what's in my gun safe- Only open sights I have are shotguns. If It's drilled and threaded for a base it's got a scope but that's just me. I'm getting familiar with this 9.3 and as is with all new guns, you've got to go out and use it before it becomes useful skill wise because until you build a weapon up a bit they are all garbage at first, this one will be no different. Take a new gun out and hunt hard with it for a month and you'll start to become pretty comfy with it has been my experience.

To to the Dev team I say - Good job folks!!! I'm impressed that you didn't just re-wrap the same thing that's been done for 10 years now, this is a real trailblazing achievement in my book! Go treat yourselves to an extra Starbucks break! you deserve it :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”