Thoughts on the new weapon

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Thoughts on the new weapon

Post by gas56 »

Something extraordinary,.. with interchangeable barrels.................... :lol:
10ga dbl x .340WB
12ga dbl x .300WM
12ga dbl x 30-06
12ga dbl x .223
16ga dbl x .17HMRHV
20ga dbl x .22LR
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok my question here is, how its gonna work with the keyboard? if can shot like shotgun and rifle then will have 2triggers? and a new key for the new trigger, or will work like the other weapons that can shot more than one ammo type and we must chose which one load?.

And i think if have a rifle barrel probably will be compatible with some kind of scope, but personally i like more how those weapons look without scopes, like beautiful SxS shotguns.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:Ok my question here is, how its gonna work with the keyboard? if can shot like shotgun and rifle then will have 2triggers? and a new key for the new trigger, or will work like the other weapons that can shot more than one ammo type and we must chose which one load?.

And i think if have a rifle barrel probably will be compatible with some kind of scope, but personally i like more how those weapons look without scopes, like beautiful SxS shotguns.
If its a double with a drilling
it probably will work as when you click the left mouse button and the 1st barrel will fire, click the left mouse button again and the 2nd barrel will fire,
push the space bar and fire the rifle drilling. Or however you like to set up your command keys.
But preferably the trigger can be set up so it doesn't interfere with shooting the gun...... :D
it could be as simple as setting the keys as:
1st barrel = click left mouse
2nd barrel = click left mouse again
3rd barrel = click right mouse
Space bar = raise weapon
Space bar = lower weapon
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

VonStratos wrote:Ok my question here is, how its gonna work with the keyboard? if can shot like shotgun and rifle then will have 2triggers? and a new key for the new trigger, or will work like the other weapons that can shot more than one ammo type and we must chose which one load?.

I think to change between shotgun and rifle, easiest way would be by mouse wheel button (if your mouse has that, otherwise it has to be some key mapped on keyboard). Click button and it activates rifle barrel, click button again and it activates shotgun barrels. Aiming and firing would be like any rifle or shotgun, no need to have separate trigger buttons.
Last edited by Rugged_Randy on August 4th, 2018, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

If so then a new question arise, how we load both ammo at same time in the weapon? every weapon has one slot for ammo, even if can shot more of one type, this would need a redesign of the inventory, but anyway that weapon looks promising, another way to shot whiteout need the scroll or the secondary mouse button would be to have a key to switch between barrels like the reload key.

Instead shot first barrel, shot second press reload key,and repeat, it would be shot first barrel, shot second then press switch trigger key and shot the rifle. But more important, are we absolutely positive about the new items is in fact a Drilling 2x1?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

VonStratos wrote:But more important, are we absolutely positive about the new items is in fact a Drilling 2x1?
It has been confirmed on thursday's stream.

On the mechanics, honestly I would be absolutely fine if it works like our current mult-ammo weapons so you would have to reload the type of ammo that you want.
Granted this is not how it works IRL, but when are you going to shoot shotgun and rifle in the same instance, anyway?

The advantage of having both barrels in one weapon slot is reason enough for me to get it, regardless of how the mechanics work. But thats just me, feel free to disagree.

Either way, I'm curious to see how it is implemented.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I'd love a 12GA and 6,5x55 combo. Perfect for small and medium game, should be able to put a simple scope on it too.

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Villkatta wrote:I'd love a 12GA and 6,5x55 combo.
A rimmed cartridge like the 6.5x57R would be way Mord befitting
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Knut wrote:
Villkatta wrote:I'd love a 12GA and 6,5x55 combo.
A rimmed cartridge like the 6.5x57R would be way Mord befitting
That's also an option of course, but since we're not dealing with irl issues ingame, I thought they could use existing ammo. But a fair point Knut.

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

20ga SxS and a 308 would be sweet
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”