Buying Ammo

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Buying Ammo

Post by sircaptgordo »

I bought 2 boxes of 45.70 ammo to have 2 extra boxes on my hunt with gm's. All that showed up was my 3 free boxes, did I just screw myself?

thanks
g
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Buying Ammo

Post by VonStratos »

Ehm yes, you can only have 3 boxes per hunt, so if you are a member you already have the ammo covered, now when your membership end those 2 boxes still will be there for you to use them.

The only ammo that members should buy,(if needed or desired) is the premium ammo, like tracer arrows, and again the limit is 3 boxes each hunt.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

VonStratos wrote:Ehm yes, you can only have 3 boxes per hunt, so if you are a member you already have the ammo covered, now when your membership end those 2 boxes still will be there for you to use them.

The only ammo that members should buy,(if needed or desired) is the premium ammo, like tracer arrows, and again the limit is 3 boxes each hunt.
This is not true. I just loaded 5 boxes of 6.5 ammo into my backpack. You can take with you as much as your pack will hold.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

sircaptgordo wrote:I bought 2 boxes of 45.70 ammo to have 2 extra boxes on my hunt with gm's. All that showed up was my 3 free boxes, did I just screw myself?

thanks
g
You must put the extra ammo into you back pack. But beware you can not tell the differance between the free ammo and the xtra ammo so when you start your next hunt any left over ammo might be gone.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tod1d wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Ehm yes, you can only have 3 boxes per hunt, so if you are a member you already have the ammo covered, now when your membership end those 2 boxes still will be there for you to use them.

This is not true. I just loaded 5 boxes of 6.5 ammo into my backpack. You can take with you as much as your pack will hold.

What? man i was totally convinced that the limit was 3, i could swear i read that when i was starting and that i made the same mistake years ago... my apologize if i give a bad answer, still, as advice, use the gms for consumables(medpack, camp supply, scent lures) instead ammo, they will be more necessary in the long run and gms are hard to get if you still dont have to many weapons to complete missions ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
sircaptgordo wrote:I bought 2 boxes of 45.70 ammo to have 2 extra boxes on my hunt with gm's. All that showed up was my 3 free boxes, did I just screw myself?

thanks
g
You must put the extra ammo into you back pack. But beware you can not tell the differance between the free ammo and the xtra ammo so when you start your next hunt any left over ammo might be gone.
I'll try to test it again, but I think they load in order (3 free boxes first, then the purchased boxes).

With the old system, you could click in the ammo slot & it would show them all in a row with the free boxes on the left, and the extra boxes on the right.
Now that they consolidated them, you can't tell anymore.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

I bought the ammo and then started the hunt which I'm still on now. I have depleted 1 box, 2 shots left in another box and 1 shot left in another box. I'm back at a cabin now and it shows no more 40-75 ammo at the cabin. I also have a tent with me which also shows no more ammo when I set it up. Back to the hunt. I'll check back before the end.

thanks
g

I probably should have waited until I ran out and then bought during the hunt.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

sircaptgordo wrote:I bought the ammo and then started the hunt which I'm still on now. I have depleted 1 box, 2 shots left in another box and 1 shot left in another box. I'm back at a cabin now and it shows no more 40-75 ammo at the cabin. I also have a tent with me which also shows no more ammo when I set it up. Back to the hunt. I'll check back before the end.

thanks
g
If you bought the extra ammo it should be there if not send a message to support and I am sure they will make good on it.
Spoiler:
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Ok, I used up all the ammo for the 40-75. There's no more in reserve. I'll contact support and see what happens.

thanks for the replies guys.
g
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Thanks Support,

Support reset my gm's back before the purchase.

g

Return to “General Chat”