I need help to understand the specific effectiveness of each one of this shotgun calibers: 10 GA, 12 GA 16 GA 20 GA.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: I need help to understand the specific effectiveness of each one of this shotgun calibers: 10 GA, 12 GA 16 GA 20 GA.

Post by Threwlys »

MaxVe wrote:An interesting test to be done in my opinion is to go to a shooting stand located in the lodges and try to shoot with the different gauge on a white plate, the results and differences on the density of lead ejected from the various shotguns leaps immediately to the eyes...Just to satisfy your curiosity...
Excellent suggestion. I'll try it. Thanks.
Crazyhorse
Scout

Re: I need help to understand the specific effectiveness of each one of this shotgun calibers: 10 GA, 12 GA 16 GA 20 GA.

Post by Crazyhorse »

I'm not really a shotgun guy and i have limited exp with the 10g so take this as just my thoughts on them. The 10g and 16g are to me a waste of time. The 16g just cant compete with the 20g on speed for birds and the damage seems so similar, there isn't much point to taking the 16g over the 20. The 12g does pretty much everything the 10g does with better options for scopes. I'd say the 12g pump is the best gun in the game just because of how many different scope/ammo combos it can do. As for using it for the biggest game, who cares you'll mostly want more range and a better scope for those animals so you want to be using a rifle.

Thanks,
CH
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

12 ga pump action can effectively kill birds up to 35 meters, but with the 10 ga, I have managed to kill birds up to 50 meters.

Return to “General Chat”