What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by gas56 »

ATM an internal server error page messing up a game I started to play.
May not be a bug but it sure bugs me right up there with the top bugs.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

1) Hitboxes
2) animals getting stuck

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

"Another game has started on this account"-
leaving the game by hitting my windows button (as i usually do) to check the forums or competition rules.
I've had big animals infront of me multiple times and left to check the comp rules before i killed them and lost the animals. because of this glitch popping up.
Nathan22Outdoors
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Hit Boxes
Alt Tabbing (Another game has started on this account or Sticky Mouse)
Animal AI (tracking issues (overlapping exact same trail / bleeding incorrectly, stuck ie: Ibex on Rocks)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

1_ The scent hound tracking is messed, details and info on the bug: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=20
2_ The Ka-chung sound of the 12ga pump shotgun is to low or was changed for the sound of other weapon, i know is not the biggest issue on the game but its annoying me.
3_ All the other bugs already mentioned and to be mentioned after my post.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

1- Hitboxes: Animals and all objects in the game has really bad hitboxes. Deployable tower hitbox, etc!
2- Animals AI: AI really needs to improve. Animals are very dumb and they stuck on objects here and there since I remember.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1396893491
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

First thing I thought of is the problem with the Aspen Trees in TgT.
Too many times while attempting to mount a TreeStand in a hot-spot or very good area setup there are usually many tall and straight Aspen trees that are perfect - Except, these trees have never been "developed" so they will accept TreeStands.
I'd love to see this fixed. Thanks Matt. :D
Last edited by Swampfox on July 18th, 2018, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

1) I agree about hitboxes being the most annoying problem. I have no issues when shooting standing animals, but on moving animals they are a mess!
2) The "A new game has started with this account" problem prevents me from pausing my game and quickly doing something else on my PC because it might crash. This used to work until two months ago when this error came up.
3) The "lung blood turns into body blood" bug. I know that some people claim this is by design, but to be honest I don't understand the reasons behind it. Why does an animals that was hit into a lung and a bone live significantly longer than an animal that was shot into just the lung? If it's really by design, then it should be explained properly by a dev!
4) The small server issues that happen much too often - which result, as far as I know, in things like dead animals being unclaimable or the harvest screen never finishing score calculation (resulting in an animal missing from the hunt statistics sometimes).

Other than that I must say that I'm one of those players that are really satisfied with the game. I know there are a number of minor bugs, but either I rarely see them during my hunts or/and they do not take away the fun or immersion for me. I understand that depends a lot of one's hunting style and personal preferences, but I must say that the game is still worth its money. The "Extended Render Range" update was very good and despite its problems in the first weeks (bait sites and ropes and such), I think it went quite smooth and it is a real improvement now.

Now if only EW finally decided to take this game, port it to a new engine and give it a long and prosperous future. The Steam charts seem to indicate that it's continually losing its appeal to new players and something needs to be done.
Image Image Image
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

1:Hit boxes - for animals and environment(trees, rocks) + invisible walls
2:MP - unable to harvest dead animals and the most important for me the inability to Join most of the servers (around 70/80%), https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 33#p935133 Even thought there aren't to many forum posts about this problem many players that I spoked in the game have this issue...
3:Dog's - recent scent dog bugs
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

My vote would go to:

1. Inaccurate and inconsistent hitboxes.
2. Alt-tab causing the "a new game has started with this account" error.
3. Animals jumping the string.

I know it's not a bug per se, but I would also suggest adding a 60-90 second grace period when a game starts, before deducting a competition attempt. I would also try to fix the problem with em$ not being properly credited to competition winners (may already be fixed but it was a common issue for a long time, resulting in many forum threads and no doubt countless support tickets).

Thanks in advance for the bug fixing efforts.

Return to “General Chat”