What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
1Al
Hunter

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by 1Al »

Commanche wrote:Just general slackness around regression testing for new patches / releases that ends up resulting in more bugs.
This is an old and well known problem. But it appear to get worst with each new "patch".
An issue there is to kill mule deer in TT, sometimes on the chasing their blood tracks turn into different kind (body) and then vanish. Or sometimes after a body shot there are no bloody tracks. Mule deer in TT are very bugged.
Last edited by 1Al on July 19th, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

1. Various dog-related bugs (bouncing ducks, dogs don't show up in MP hunts)
2. Animal pathing into terrain, causing them to get stuck in trees, rocks, etc
3. Hitbox issues
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I remember another one!

- Animal's HP(Health Point) needs to rework. For example, Water Buffalo will drop at the spot with Double Lungs hit, but Roe Deer will run for more than 30m with Double Lungs hit! :?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

HD_Artworks wrote:For example, Water Buffalo will drop at the spot with Double Lungs hit, but Roe Deer will run for more than 30m with Double Lungs hit! :?
With the same weapon?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Elrique64
Spotter

Post by Elrique64 »

1) Unharvestable animals in MP games. Usually these are animals that have been hit at a long range and have run past render. when tracked down, you can see the body, but can't pick it up. Happens a lot in WRR with Dall sheep. (See #3 below, I think they could be linked.)

2) Scent hounds not coming out in MP games. I generally host my own MP sessions, and always have my scent hound out. As other people join my sessions, many of them aren't able to bring their dogs out. Along with this is the bug where the scent hound has been told to track a blood trail, and upon the player seeing the dead animal, the dog comes back reporting he couldn't find it. Sometimes he's standing ON TOP OF THE ANIMAL when he gives the whine and question mark icon!

3) tracking arcs disappearing in MP games. Following a blood trail, and everything looks good. You see the next arc up ahead, but when you get nearer, it's gone. Can't pick it up with the HM, and when you move away, the arc never reappears. (A lot of times when this happens, the first bug I mentioned happens. When you finally find the animal you can't harvest it.)

I can guess when I'm going to have the first bug. It's typically after the 3rd one happens. As soon as I have an arc that can't be picked up with the HM, I can generally expect that I won't be able to harvest the animal.

There are a number of other issues I think are bugs, but I expect I might be the only one.

- .243 and .300 rifles being single shots.
- 12Ga pump shotguns having a 6 shot capacity instead of the 3 allowed by most countries.
- Can't order the scent hound to track a blood trail while crouched.
- Tree stands in TGT on trees that just don't make much sense. (gnarled up trees you wouldn't put a stand in RL, but it's the only tree in the area that you can place it.
- Can't place a tree stand at a height you want it. Some trees it's 30 feet in the air, other trees it's 10 feet. Depending on where you are and the branches in the way, it would be nice to tweak the height of a stand while placing it.
- NT deer with way gnarly antlers always. Sometimes all that makes an NT is just a few non-standard points on an otherwise standard rack. (drop tines, paddles, webbed tines, etc.) The antlers don't always have to look like they came off a glue stick factory floor after a fire to be non-typical. Sometimes they don't even need to have BIG tines. One of the best known from my youth was one called the Cactus Buck. He had just two beams, coming straight up, about 4" in diameter. These were covered in a huge number of small points, coming out like the spikes on a cactus. See here for some more modern examples: https://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2015 ... -syndrome/

Thanks for this thread. I hope some of these issues reported in it can get fixed.
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

onkel_henry

Post by onkel_henry »

The thing that is bothering me the most is the "Another game has started on this account-issue". And it`s frustrating that I haven`t found any info on the issue from the developers. (Is there any?) Will it be fixed soon?
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

1. Hitboxes (especially on bears and invisible walls - try to shoot near the edges of a deployable tower).
2. "Personal best" missing.
3. The forum requiring the word "Orange" for the captcha every time.
4. Getting stuck when falling from a cliff resulting in multiple med kits.
5. Everything else I can't think of because I'm tired. All the posts in this thread really.
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

1. Hit boxes could be tightened up.
2. Rabbits dying underground or not appearing until you leave render range and come back.
3. Another thread on the forum reminded me of my third bug. The Shotgun red dot scope and having the black border. Not sure if its a bug, but it bugs me :)
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

aussieshooter wrote: 2. Rabbits dying underground or not appearing until you leave render range and come back.
I've only recently learned that you can go prone and crawl around inside the burrow to retrieve your shot rabbit. No need to run away and then go back. Not sure if this is part of general gameplay or a workaround, but it works a treat.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

Generalkommendant wrote:1. Hitboxes (especially on bears and invisible walls - try to shoot near the edges of a deployable tower).
2. "Personal best" missing.
3. The forum requiring the word "Orange" for the captcha every time.
I totally agree, these bugs are bothering me the most!
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”