What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's Bugging you the most?

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello Hunters!

I am back and as promised I am on a mission to turn this place upside down, shake out the negativity and get everything back on track.

A first step I believe in doing this is addressing the issues with long standing bugs, we want to know from you guys your top three most annoying bugs, that in your opinion need to be fixed as a priority!

So please reply in this thread with the bugs you would love to see squished and we will do our best to get them sorted where possible, and obviously we will have to prioritize and can not promise we squish them all this time around!

Please reply in a clean format:

1, Bug title- Quick Description

2, Bug title- Quick Description

3, Bug title- Quick Description

If you have links to the bug reports, feel free to add those in as well!

Looking forward to seeing all your feedback!

TK
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Vitals, Hit boxes
For me it is the hitting intestines in the rib cage of an animal.
This happens often on many different animals but for me it is mostly bear and moose.

Here is an example: The animal below was shot slightly quartering away yet the hit was Left front leg (Intestines, Stomach)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ridg ... /608541486
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Another game has started on this account - After minimizing the game for ~5 minutes, when you go back to the game you see the message & have to close the game.

Can't harvest animals on the 2nd day - After game time reaches 19:00 and the game rolls over to the next day, many animals can not be harvested.

these are both low priority, and hopefully "low hanging fruit", but annoying nonetheless...

Bearmuda / Wreck island missions won't complete. - Missions with an objective to visit Wreck island won't complete when Wreck island is visited.

HM distance doesn't match hunt stats distance. - The distance reported on the hunt summaries & added to life time distance doesn't match the distance traveled in the game according to the HM.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Hard to pick just three unfortunately but i would say:

1. Body shots when hitting a vital area. Similar to what RidgeBack was saying.

2. Another game has started on this account after minimizing the game.

3. Unable to use dogs in MP games if you are not the host.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

1. PTARMIGANS!!!! they are so bugged and messed up in multiplayer they are almost impossible to get (WTP that is, but the other ones are still totally messed up too). They dock etc and work as i think they should in SP, but they don't have specific behaviour in MP, they can run away when they see you 200 meters away, or they can just start flying in circles and never stop, and then they just fly away and you never see th4em again. They have been like that since a couple of months after release, which is now almost one and a half YEAR ago!! even though they aren't the most hunted species in the game, it's almost a tragedy how a fix on them have been avoided for so long.

2. Hitboxes, just like explained ridgback, getting intestines when you shoot directly broadside into the ribcage. I have even shot a Moose purposely in its leg and gotten stomach...

3. Ptarmigan and rabbit scores are messed up in MP, another 1.5 YEAR old bug... just to mention one i can go on a WTP hunt on someones game and if i get any they will always score either 305, 381 or 457. Scores work as intended if you are the host or in a SP game. Same goes for the other Ptarmigans and all Rabbit species

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

1: Animals instant spooking with recurve and other bows.
2: Every players seeing a different arrow impact in MP.
3: Completely ridicules Hit Boxes.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

1-Bow spooking, really bad with bears - maybe we need to get a dev to hunt with us to prove this, IDK but this one is going on at least a couple or more years.
2-those hit boxes on moose and polar bears especially is terrible with the 340-
3- The other big one is the turkey decoys and flippy tail decoy- But something else extremely strange I noticed in a MP hunt with turkey, and this may be cleaned up with the decoy fix- I was in a tower (fixed tower) on WHI and 3 turkey walked past the decoys obviously and right through the tower with me in it- could not make them spook- There is no way in hell a turkey walks through a tower with you in it and do not spook- doesn't happen. Something is amiss with the turkey logic is all I know.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

Hit box
blood trails
scent hounds acting like they are level 1 or like a pointer!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

1. Dual hit from single shot with rifle,... could be hit boxes miscalculation or projectile multi-paths.
Happens with different animals shot in chest area,.. and may have an extra shot hitting head or another different organ or spot on the body.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=86867
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=86489
2. Lung/Heart hit incorrect tracking initiation shot blood trail then changes track info into lesser body shot for longer tracking distance while using any weapon on animals.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=87713
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=87517
3. Missing trophy shot copy not going to game gallery. 1 copy goes to the HDrive screenshots for theHunter. 1 copy goes to game gallery and this copy not always will show up there whether it is caused by server hic-up loss data or whatever causes it. Would be nice to have back-up copy transfer to the game gallery from HDrive. There are 3 copies if I remember correctly how it works but I don't know what is done with the 3rd copy.
Could not find bug report though it was discussed in GC forum post.
Last edited by gas56 on July 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

1. Square Purple texture glitch on blood spots on the ground.
2. Dogs not spawning in MP
3. Just discovered today, pointer dogs do not appear to detect mule on loggers

extra 4. The old single shot shotgun has really weird animation wobble when moving. This started quite a while ago. Never has been fixed.
Last edited by Bumblewoot on July 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”