What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
lamanorbu

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by lamanorbu »

1. Animal AI - it's common for animals to get stuck on rocks or against trees, but more importantly animals start jumping and pivoting around their central axis when trying to climb steep terrain;
2. some weapons have a bit of lag from trigger input to actual sot being fired, especially bows and crossbows: it might be related to game FPS to be honest, but it makes hitting moving animals pretty hard;
3. wrong shaders on scopes: when taking out a scoped gun at dawn of dusk, the scope will have a strange greenish dusty glow that looks totally off compared to the good metallic shine on the guns: I experienced this on the default 4x scope and the Anschutz one, but might affect other scopes too.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

1. Dogs resetting performance-wise, back to level one ; https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=87501
2. Dogs unable to be used in multiplayer
3. Multi-day hunts being unviable due to inability to claim animals (seriously, if multi-day were fixed it would change a drastic element of the game! Imagine hunting out an entire map over the course of 20 hours :D )
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

lamanorbu wrote:1. Animal AI - it's common for animals to get stuck on rocks or against trees, but more importantly animals start jumping and pivoting around their central axis when trying to climb steep terrain;
That's true, animals look really silly when "dancing" and stuttering up a steep hill. And dall sheep don't even have a fleeing animation, it has been that way since their release. You shoot them on the mountainside and they just stand there frozen. Not the most annoying issue for me, but I agree that animal AI could be improved and fixed in many ways.
Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

1: MP - Please fix all things MP to make it on par with SP. MP is the single-most reason I bought into this game and it's been the most broken thing in the game since I've been here.
2: Animal Hitboxes - They're bad across the board, especially when an animal is moving, but even when they're still. Shooting a still animal, full front, no angle, right in the chest, should always hit at least one lung before hitting anything behind.
3: Deployable Tower - Not gun wobble, that's fine last I was in one, but the "sticky jitter" thing, the way our avatar seems to get hung up and tweak out on something invisible inside them while looking and moving around.

Thanks
tsg303
Tracker

Post by tsg303 »

1. Ghost hunting! unable to harvest wolf and dallsheep day one.
2. Be able to play in Realtime.
3. Reload don`t Automatic starts on the next pack of ammo in backpack
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Please add a alphabetical order of

Lifetime Statistics
Achivements
Ranks
Loadouts
Leaderboards
Missions
The whole shop

At no charge would be nice. ;)

Searching for a specific thing is very boring every day.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Bug1: Each comp should have its own fixed load in, so when X amount of players enter that comp they all know they have the same load in as all the others doing that comp, and have the same chance of getting wieght/score and winning, which makes it a fair playing field for all, instead of the roll of dice what animal(s) a player gets loaded in now, is unfair.

eg: If a comp for the high'est Fox score was chosen/running, then a random number would be generated (out of 10 say) if 6 was generated then it would load in animal group 6, when/as all the players start/enter that comp they would ALL get animal group 6 loaded in.

Above: (just my opinion and the reason i do not play the game anymore)

Bug2: Bloodhound needs more work, in short...will follow a blood track get to the 3rd or 4th blood spot and sit there with ? above its head when another bloodspot is about 3m away. happens to many times, dog is level 41.

Bug3: "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."

"What color is the "theHunter Forums" logo at the very top-left of the page?:
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots."

Every time i have to type in "Orange"
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

1. The infamous "a new game has been started with this account" bug.

And two Grey Wolf bugs:

2. Occasionally they cannot be harvested. This is NOT the 'second day' bug, but similar. It is too intermittent to reproduce consistently, but it happens once every four or five hunts. Leaving render doesn't fix it. ((I believe this also happens with Dall's Sheep.))
3. Health info for a body shot is TOO DRASTIC for a relatively minor injury. When poorly hit (i.e. hind leg) health bleeds down to as low as 1% in four or five splatters, but then the wolf stops bleeding and lives. The gameplay is right, because the animal isn't badly hurt, but the tracking info makes you think it's worse than it is.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

1. "Personal best" scores missing from stats in the game for quite sometime now, yes you can get them from the uhcapps but that only covers you from when you joined the forum.
2. The forum requiring the word "Orange" for the captcha every time you try logging in.
3. Getting stuck when throwing yourself down a cliff resulting in multiple uses of medkits costing the players "money" to replace them.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i'v had the same thing bugging me for a long while now. AND THAT IS, the removal of the PERSONAL BEST. if the newer members would have experienced the 'personal best' of the older day, i would imagine there would be a lot more members complaining....

as far as the 'orange logo'. when i log in the first time, it's not there and i get the 'name or password' is incorrect and has the 'orange logo' thingy...i can only assume that it's not suppose to be there the first time...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “General Chat”