What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by Knut »

1) missing personal best (and other) statistics
2) missing personal best (and other) statistics
3) missing personal best (and other) statistics

And yeah, animals getting stuck, weird hitboxes/shot detection, tracks disappearing in front of the player and "another game has started" are nuisances, too.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

1] server stability
would avoid many of the problems, people are encountering in the game
- not beeing able to log in
- unharvestable animals
- connection losses / unsteady pings
- animals not showing up in the hunt-history / not getting a score calculated correctly
- weird animal behaviour on multiplayer maps

2] hitboxes on animals and environment models
- wrong hitboxes on moving animals
- invisible / not rendered objects like rocks and smaller trees on almost every map
- getting stuck in invisible roots or rocks (vdb river / roots on pbb /rocks in the mountains of tgt and vdb)
- arrows/bullets getting stuck in the air by trying to shoot from a hunting tower or between two trees

3] as the standard for a game should be that it is bug-free, every other bug posted here before should be adressed aswell.

I also have some concerns regarding
communication / exchange of views between players and ew
marketing / long term survivability of the game
censorship on the forum
but since this thread is only for reporting bugs i`ll leave it at that
let`s see if ew is going to turn rhetoric into action <--- not sure if that makes sense
Stats
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Duck retrieval - When my dog goes to pick up ducks 50% of the time upon retrieval the duck starts bouncing around as if it were a rubber ball that never loses its kinetic energy. Once the duck is "dropped" by the retriever it flies off into oblivion. Most of the time if I keep a very close eye I can see where it went. Sometimes 50-100 metres away from where the dog dropped it. Have had this bug since day 1. No problem with other waterfowl.

The bug where if you minimize game for too long it says "the game has been started by another account." That's frustrating because lots of times if I've shot a trophy animal I like to minimize out to check my trophy lodge scores to see if it has beat any of my other personal bests. Sometimes if I take too long it does this and I lose out on the animal.

QA/Testing before release. I think more attention and time need to be taken to make sure there are minimal amount of bugs that become present after new releases.

More consultation with the community before releases.
Take the new pointer for example. I like the addition but I do not see the reason behind not allowing it to fetch birds/small game. If its for "game balance" it should only be allowed for upland birds/rabbits/future small game animals. Leave the waterfowl retrieval to the labs.

Also some of the decisions regarding "ethical" ammunition have me questioning things. Why can I shoot a Roe deer with a 10 gauge slug but not a fox with the 6.5? I think many of the weapons could use an overhaul in allowed ammunition.

My two cents. :)
PSI19

Post by PSI19 »

Atm moment it's the bug were you can't display the 10ga lever action shotgun(football edition) in the trophy lodge
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

Rocky's vote

1. Not being able to Harvest dead animals in MP.
2.Dogs not spawning in on Multiplayer
3.Inaccurate and inconsistent hitboxes. --Didn't know about this one, but other people voted it a lot so it must be an issue. I am probably just not paying enough attention.

Also, VERY glad to see you guy's are fixing bugs. For awhile I felt like it wasn't a priority or nobody really cared about the bugs.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

It would be nice if you could command the dogs from the prone position
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

:arrow: TK

I'm very happy about you're asking this. I haven't written anything since my last post (about North Korea) but now it's time to make a say.

It's a very smart move to let people list their most annoying bugs they wish to get fixed in this one thread. Maybe it will prevent people from letting the steam off in other threads. And I hope you're gonna keep your eyes on this one. I feel confident that you will.

I've red all posts, this far, and I agree with them all!

Thanks again Mat! Smart move! Don't let us down! :twisted:

Edit: I think you should stick this thread to be permanent.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

1. Getting stuck between tree roots on Piccabeen Bay
2. Ptarmigans - For me they've ruined hemmeldal and ibex hunting as they don't shut up are impossible to kill and it feels like since there introduction they've reduced other animal populations on the maps there in.
3. Not being able to collect downed game in multiplayer - This happens sometimes in multiplayer, either the animal will bed down and never die no mater how many shots you give it, or it will die and the huntermate won't pick it up.]

and this is not a bug but certainly a missing feature, Personal Best!!
ruichi

Post by ruichi »

1- The permmited ammunitions for some animals don't make sense.
2- Personal Bests missing. It buggs me that I need to have my own personal bests list that I have to change all the time.

These are not bugs, of course.

Apart from that, not much. The strange hitbox thing only happened to me once, i guess.
The game is fantastic as it is, and I hope it doesn't change much. Specially in gameplay.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

1 - Turkey and motion predator decoys not working.
2 - Rocks in TGT that turns my hunter into a midget "short person" every single time.
3 - Inability to claim harvests in SP & MP including trophy animals and possible comp winners.

Just general slackness around regression testing for new patches / releases that ends up resulting in more bugs.

Return to “General Chat”