What's Bugging you the most?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: What's Bugging you the most?

Post by Ravenousfox »

For a bug that's actually affecting em$ payment and trophies I'd say this should be top of the list:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=10
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

1) Hit boxes. Add Arctic fox to the list.
2) Getting the following message EVERY time I log into the forum...requiring the word "Orange" for the captcha.
"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."
3) The universal misspelling of the word LOSE spelled as loose. To lose = Not winning. Loose = Not tight. ;)
4) Punctuation atrocities. i.e. One such individual who posts many good videos for hunters has recently begun to leave out spaces between sentences. There is punctuation, but leaving the space out makes it very difficult to read/follow. I know somebody who likes to ping on folks who have posts without any punctuation and usually leaves a message like: !,:.,;?
Spoiler:
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

1. Hit boxes could be tightened up.
2. Rabbits dying underground or not appearing until you leave render range and come back.
3. Ill edit if I think of another one. :)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

1. The near-constant spook state of the animals in TGT due to the over aggressiveness of the Grey Wolf chasing AI and the amount of wolves. The mechanic is a nice touch for sure, but REALLY needs toned down. TGT was crazy excellent upon release, now after the wolves were released and never tuned that reserve is a real test of a person's patience

2. The constant tracking issues, worst on TGT and Piccabeen. As was mentioned here in this thread, a lot of tracks overlap or just straight up disappear. Especially bad on Piccabeen.

3. Bugs that are reported and seemingly never looked at. I know there are priorities and all, I get that. But c'mon. It's July 2018. How are there still certain bugs that were reported like a year ago with seemingly easy fixes, such as a texture issue (missing textures) reported in December 2017, that STILL exist?

4. Hitboxes. I still crack up laughing when I can hit a moving animal in the neck, broadside, hit decal shows neck wound, but registers as intestine.
GunnyMac22

Post by GunnyMac22 »

1_ The scent hound tracking is messed, details and info on the bug: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=20
2_ The Ka-chung sound of the 12ga pump shotgun is to low or was changed for the sound of other weapon, i know is not the biggest issue on the game but its annoying me.
3_ Hit boxes
lazygirl5
Spotter

Post by lazygirl5 »

Here are my top 3 of many.

1. This is a fairly new one I think, but Turkeys ignoring decoys and acting like they don't even see them.

2. Dog issues- Mainly being unable to use my dog in most MP games unless I host. Also my level 31 scenthound acting like a pointer sometimes and reverting back to level 1 behavior at times.

3. Being unable to claim animals sometimes in MP games as well as occasionally in SP. Sometimes you can see the animal lying their dead but can't claim it. Occasionally though the animal is there but is "invisible" and you are unable to claim it.

Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

1) Hit boxes. I get perfect placement on the lungs and I get intestine or body shot.
2) Scent hound went from bad to worse after the pointer update. I also feel he should track scent (not a bug just seems like common request and logical)
3) A new game has started on this account if I have to alt tab or minimize even for a short period I lose my session.

Those immediate things aside I have to say I love the direction the game is going and I have truly enjoyed my experience and I joined in may this year. I feel the veterans truly need the glaring issues addressed as they are the lifeblood of the game and the community of them is always ready to offer a hand or helpful advise, but if we lose them due to unaddressed bugs and HITBOX fixes that would be a determent. Ty for you're time
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

1) Pansy bears
2) Pansy bears
3) Pansy bears
TK, you asked for it :mrgreen: :evil: :lol: :lol:
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

1) Lazygirl5's 3rd point is definitely 1 of the top 3 for me. I've seen it twice in the last couple weeks and a few more times before that. An animal will die and you see the colored blip but the body is invisible for me and cannot be claimed, and then another player will see the same animal as wounded and be able to shoot it infinitely without killing it.

2) I'm really surprised nobody else has mentioned this 1, please chime in people if you experience this too. Sticking on fall! If you hurl yourself off a cliff anywhere it's far enough to hurt you, you will stick to the slope like a magnet instead of tumbling about half the time, causing the waste of multiple medkits instead of a proper tumble and 1 medkit, it's been happening for at least 2 years too guys....

3)I could easily list 10 bugs but if we're sticking to 3 here's 1 that should be an easy fix, the left ears of sitka deer go all stretchy every single time in the trophy shots, please try to fix this 1.

Also to agree with other people's posts... I noticed a few I'd like to mention that I also experience.

Not being able to harvest a lot of the kills on day 2 of a hunt, this 1 makes me not ever want to let the hunt day 2 go on.
The ptarmigan scoring for other players besides host in multiplayer, I constantly see people kill them and get the exact same 1 or 2 scores over and over.
Not being able to use dogs in multiplayer if not the host.
Not being able to join many of the games in multiplayer for no apparent reason. (Didn't do that in the past.)
The purple squares on blood tracks, (tends to start happening after the hunt has been up for a long time).
Someone mentioned having to put in the forum password and "orange" response after getting a message saying incorrect login, this happens to me 100% of the time also.
The "Another game has started using this account, please close game" message, only gotten it 4 or 5 times of the last 100 hunts probably but its still very annoying.
SwampFox's post about the nice tall aspens in Timbergold not accepting treestands, I wanted to mention this 1 a while but never got around to it. Another part of this 1 that makes no sense, the very tall straight trees that are perfect for stands don't work, but the ones with so many branches in the way that you can't see a thing once you get into the stand always work.

Thanks for your time guys, if we could take care of all of these bugs the game would be so much more enjoyable, especially the ones that have been around for 1 or even 2 years+.
Last edited by Ardillamente on July 18th, 2018, 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

1) Scent hounds getting worse with higher level
2) sunglasses are transparent sometimes
3) ugly/fail textures like flying roots, floating water in little puddles (maybe it is helpful for you that the community locates those spots with coordinates?)

Follow our crew on instagram

Return to “General Chat”