12ga vs 10ga

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: 12ga vs 10ga

Post by nachthexe »

Ravenousfox wrote:10 GA is trash, you don't need that extra power on goose/ducks more like over kill. :lol:
I still love the 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun as it handles goose/ducks just fine + better open sights.
Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
Trash? Really?
I love the 10 GA for its killing power at range. It drops a buck at 50m+ np, which is not guaranteed with a 12 GA. It can even drop a goose at 70m. Ok, you might not like it, but it is not trash!
Code: Select all
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Ravenousfox wrote:Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
In what RL do you speak of? :lol:
I am sure that some use a O&U for ducks IRL maybe even more than a few but to say the "best design for duck shooting" I don't think so! The over all most popular duck guns by far have been pumps and autos and there are quite a few hunters that like SxS doubles and yes there are those that like a 10g for there water fowling needs.
Spoiler:
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

nachthexe wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:10 GA is trash, you don't need that extra power on goose/ducks more like over kill. :lol:
I still love the 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun as it handles goose/ducks just fine + better open sights.
Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
Trash? Really?
I love the 10 GA for its killing power at range. It drops a buck at 50m+ np, which is not guaranteed with a 12 GA. It can even drop a goose at 70m. Ok, you might not like it, but it is not trash!
I have noticed that the 12 gauge does like to just wound geese after they get out there a bit. If it wasn't $6 i would likely get one. But the ol/ O/U has seen a lot of action
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Sp3aker wrote:Thats twenty dollars(CAD) for a gamble though at this point in the pricing. I can spend 40 and win but thats ridiculous for a skin, even with how badlly I want it. My main gripe is that I wish there were unique event prize skins for tournament winnings and not the the only premium versions of some guns as the prize. Will the 10g ever receive a purchasable premium after this? Yea Im salty, I love the gun but not $40 for a 100% sure win sort of love.
Yes it is salty man - Normally I would, but since they changed the way HS works, I buy one and that's it. Although the special event ones, such as this, never had their own achievements it didn't matter but in general re-skins did. Whether it's ever available? It's the tradition it never will be and I hope it stays true to it's namesake. But today, new people, new thoughts, they can change anything they want at any time they want. I wouldn't risk more than a quarter on a bet.
nachthexe wrote:Trash? Really?
I think he's being sarcastic :D ~ he knows it's not trash. I also like the F3, great gun. The SXS I suck with, not one I trust myself relying on. But most people are probably using the 10 a lot because they are maxed out on HS points for everything else and it's the latest, pretty normal stuff. As for practicality and real usage in the field, hell no- at least for here in the US, I always knew of them to be strictly a long range goose gun, nothing more. No one hunted with them at least not in mainstream numbers. Marlin has, or did at least make a bolt action 10ga and I want to say, 36" maybe even 40" barrel? With the 3" and 3.5" 12g chambers today I don't know why you'd want to abuse yourself like that. but having the "Terminator" lever action, I can see why gamers would dig it.

I agree 100% we need a new 12g auto- been on that boat for years - it will happen someday. It's a money in the bank absolute if they get in a pinch and need to meet a sales goal or something. Selling reskins is about pointless anymore since HS2.0 - no one has complained about them since :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

nachthexe wrote:
Trash? Really?
IMO it is.
#deal with it. 8-)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
In what RL do you speak of? :lol:
I am sure that some use a O&U for ducks IRL maybe even more than a few but to say the "best design for duck shooting" I don't think so! The over all most popular duck guns by far have been pumps and autos and there are quite a few hunters that like SxS doubles and yes there are those that like a 10g for there water fowling needs.
O/U shotguns can line up up your shots more accurately shooting clays/ducks rather than having a SxS shotgun for example that have their barrels to the right and left side of the iron post.
Pump action shotguns are great but I feel you would move your aim a little when pumping the manual action for the next shot.
The manual action also poses its own set of problems whenever two targets are thrown simultaneously as in skeet or sporting clays.
Of course in-game that doesn't matter. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Ravenousfox wrote:
nachthexe wrote:
Trash? Really?
IMO it is.
#deal with it. 8-)
OMG. I think I'll need to see a psychiatrist!
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I wasn't even aware that there was a 16 GA until this thread :D

I use pumpie still a lot. Only with it can I reliably shoot 6 ducks/geese out of a flock. The scope and it's wide field of view make finding the next target just that much easier.
It's also true for ptarmigans, but for roaming (now even more so with the pointer) I prefer the style of the O/U.
I basically don't use the SxS any more since I got the O/U. The latter has the more beautiful model and more importantly does obstruct less of the view.

When multiplayer waterfowling, I use the semiauto. It is rare that I would get off more than 3 shots with others shooting, too. And the speed of follow-ups is just unbeatable.

On very rare occasions where I am hunting with slugs, I'll use the 12 GA pump action, too. The red dot is just too advantageous.

I barely ever use the 10 GA, mainly because it's just a brute of a gun in my taste.

Ravenousfox wrote: Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
But only because semiautos are banned by most sporting regulations for clay shooting competitions.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

Radamus wrote:
Sp3aker wrote:Thats twenty dollars(CAD) for a gamble though at this point in the pricing. I can spend 40 and win but thats ridiculous for a skin, even with how badlly I want it. My main gripe is that I wish there were unique event prize skins for tournament winnings and not the the only premium versions of some guns as the prize. Will the 10g ever receive a purchasable premium after this? Yea Im salty, I love the gun but not $40 for a 100% sure win sort of love.
Yes it is salty man - Normally I would, but since they changed the way HS works, I buy one and that's it. Although the special event ones, such as this, never had their own achievements it didn't matter but in general re-skins did. Whether it's ever available? It's the tradition it never will be and I hope it stays true to it's namesake. But today, new people, new thoughts, they can change anything they want at any time they want. I wouldn't risk more than a quarter on a bet.
Oh yea I know I'm totally salty, in my post I admit it. I just hope that at some point a 10g premium comes as Im a huge 10g fan :P oh well my vent is out but until then who knows! Maybe next year? Who knows. Oh well
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

O/U shotguns are 100% not the best for clay/duck irl. You’ll find a semi auto in 3 inch is what is in most blinds and semi autos banned outrightfrom most major competitions . Not only will it absorb the kick way more but it also has that 3rd shot.

Return to “General Chat”